PDA

View Full Version : US Motorcyclists Arrested For Stunts

Big Dave
20th August 2008, 10:04
Motorcyclists Arrested For Stunts

Chances are that at one time or another you've seen motorcycle riders speeding, and weaving dangerously in and out of traffic. Three people face charges tonight after police say a pack of seven riders took outrageous chances while speeding through Carroll, Gallatin and Boone Counties.

The riders were popping wheelies as other drivers on I-71 and I-75 did all they could to steer clear of the group and avoid an accident. Rich Jaffe says the stunts are going to prove expensive to a group of local riders.

About three o'clock Sunday seven riders on I-75 northbound decided to turn the interstate into their own personal playground. One of them, Christopher Holbert riding a high speed wheelie for nearly a mile before Boone County deputies caught him.

"When they get that thing up on one wheel sure they might ride it for a mile and do it 9 out of 10 times but that 10th time, there's a good chance they're gonna go down and take somebody else with them and that's the problem."

The stunts lit up the switchboard at Boone County dispatch. Flying up 75 northbound what the pack of motorcyclists didn't know was that a Boone County sheriff's deputy was getting on the interstate right at the Richwood exit.

"I called the other units, deputy hall,our traffic unit set up radar, he clocked two of them at 90 miles an hour he was able to stop one of them, and Deputy Bagely was able to stop another one."

Deputy Lusty got in behind another rider Brandon Schweitzer and says he pulled him over on the Florence ramp, when Schweitzer tried to get off the interstate and away from the other cruisers.

"A lot of traffic, they were in and out, high rates of speed, very very wreckless."

Deputy Lusty says with the bikers pulled over other drivers were honking their horns and waving thanks.

The motorcycle rider arrested by Deputy Lusty, Brandon Schweitzer told us on the phone that he and the other bikers ride together all the time, frequently at area race tracks. He says that while their actions were stupid, they were also exhilarating.

Big Dave
20th August 2008, 10:05
Deputy Lusty & Cpl Piggot. eie eie ei

yod
20th August 2008, 10:35
wreckless???

was the reporter trying to be ironic?

Big Dave
20th August 2008, 10:41
Welease Woderwick!

ManDownUnder
20th August 2008, 10:43
LOL "Boone County"... so if you're in court... you'd be standing in the Boone Docks?

dino3310
20th August 2008, 10:57
He says that while their actions were stupid, they were also exhilarating.

Fukin idiots

avgas
20th August 2008, 11:21
He says that while their actions were stupid, they were also exhilarating.
So is snorting coke

Swoop
20th August 2008, 12:13
"When they get that thing up on one wheel sure they might ride it for a mile and do it 9 out of 10 times but that 10th time, there's a good chance they're...
... pretty good at it and have had 9 practice attempts???

R6_kid
20th August 2008, 12:46
something about "a time and a place"... ride like that in the eye of the public and you're bound to get reported, and so you should...

niether big nor clever, but it sounds like they were having a good time until the police showed up!

nadroj
20th August 2008, 13:36
something about "a time and a place"... ride like that in the eye of the public and you're bound to get reported, and so you should...

niether big nor clever, but it sounds like they were having a good time until the police showed up!

Send Katman over to sort them out.....

Big Dave
20th August 2008, 14:33
So is snorting coke

Don't the bubbles make you sneeze.

devnull
20th August 2008, 14:51

:2thumbsup

:jerry:

PirateJafa
20th August 2008, 16:55

We would be so lucky... :blank:

munterk6
20th August 2008, 22:51
Was that the Mormon Few?
Since the dawn of cell phones, ya cant expect to get away with that style of riding....hell, I got reported by a cage driver for sneaking up the cycle lane in town, (jealous I reckon):whocares:

Tonka
21st August 2008, 01:15
Sounds like a fine weekend day on the Coro-loop roads :whistle:

mark247
21st August 2008, 09:40
Was that the Mormon Few?
Since the dawn of cell phones, ya cant expect to get away with that style of riding....hell, I got reported by a cage driver for sneaking up the cycle lane in town, (jealous I reckon):whocares:

Yea some drivers are totally stupid. How else do they expect you to pass them??????

SPman
21st August 2008, 16:59
Sounds like the Northwestern on a quiet night............when Lance Lowe was around.......:innocent: