PDA

View Full Version : Identifying KB'ers on the road

duckman
19th January 2005, 14:15
MacMan, raised an interesting idea in his opening thread.
Apart from KB merchandise (shirts, stickers, e.t.c) how could we identify each other when going about our normal daily business.

You know ... like a SpecialWave(Tm) or something .... (now that I've typed that it sounds decidedly Ghey ... ahhh well, I've started now)

What about a crazy gangsta finger thing... like er ... WESTSIDE!!!!!!!!!

It would be just like belonging to the motorcycle version of the Freemasons.

Thoughts, opinions, rants and ravings excepted .... Fire away!!

Biff
19th January 2005, 14:17
I vote nipple flashing.

jrandom
19th January 2005, 14:18
I think we should all paint our bikes yellow.

duckman
19th January 2005, 14:18
I vote nipple flashing.
I second that!!! :eek:

White trash
19th January 2005, 14:19
Simple to spot me. I'm the one going like an idiot on one wheel. Normally seen riding a GSX-RSOMETHING-OR-OTHER.

Monsterbishi
19th January 2005, 14:19
I second that!!! :eek:

So that's why my jacket has those zip vents there...

munter
19th January 2005, 14:20
Hmmmm... the thought of all those man breasts :shit: Not a good idea!

Coyote
19th January 2005, 14:21
What about a crazy gangsta finger thing... like er ... WESTSIDE!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, I hope Madcat doesn't see that

I think we should just do a salute

StoneChucker
19th January 2005, 14:25
Learning sign language and signing as we ride past:

"Kiwi Biker Represent"

(We'd of course have to slow right down, and take both hands off the bars, but it'll get easier with practice)

Motu
19th January 2005, 14:26
Let's all ride dirts bikes so we stand out from the sports bike crowd.

Monsterbishi
19th January 2005, 14:27
Or perhaps tape whistles into our exhausts so we hear KB folk over everything else...

bugjuice
19th January 2005, 14:28
I think we should paint our bikes orange.
There is one guy who I pass and know (he's not on here yet), and we do the ol' Hawaii surf-come-'phone-me' type finger thingy with the thumb and pinky.. could be catchy, or just stupid.. dunno..

how about mooning as we pass.. give the 'cage-drivers' (new phrase to me) a laff too..

oh, and yay for me :P someone noticed me!!

Jonty
19th January 2005, 14:29
lose the helmets and start wearing florescent KB bandanas - Chuck Norris 80's style

Coyote
19th January 2005, 14:30
Learning sign language and signing as we ride past:

"Kiwi Biker Represent"

Or

"Salutations my fellow kiwibiker brethren" :lol:

Coyote
19th January 2005, 14:33
We could wave our right foot

James Deuce
19th January 2005, 14:35
That's the international sign to "pass me on this side".

Coyote
19th January 2005, 14:37
That explains a lot :p

Monsterbishi
19th January 2005, 14:37

Then we shall just have to wave both feet together...

Biff
19th January 2005, 14:41
how about we make a nice strawberry souffle as we pass one another. oh hang on, that's a stupid idea, we might drop the eggs.

Sniper
19th January 2005, 14:45
How about taping a sign that saying. "Greetings and salutations my fellow Kiwibiker friends. Those that arent joined should and I (we) wont consider you an outcast"

Hmm, need lots of cardboard

Acid Drop
19th January 2005, 14:46
Silly I know, But...little bright KB sticker on windsheild?!?

Paul in NZ
19th January 2005, 14:48
Fluro orange chopper flags on sticks

jrandom
19th January 2005, 14:48

Windshield? You filthy fairingist.

White trash
19th January 2005, 14:49
Sometimes (and those I'm talking about know what I mean) I don't want to be identified to other KBers. Or anybody for that matter.

Sniper
19th January 2005, 14:51
Sometimes (and those I'm talking about know what I mean) I don't want to be identified to other KBers. Or anybody for that matter.

Makes sense, you would become know by the police and all they would have to look out for was a bike with a "orange chopper flag"??? :not:

Acid Drop
19th January 2005, 14:54
Makes sense, you would become know by the police and all they would have to look out for was a bike with a "orange chopper flag"??? :not:
Wear a hat! they'll never notice you!

jrandom
19th January 2005, 14:54

That reminds me.

How's that secret ninja underground roadracing for cash project going?

Don't let anyone see the can of wash-off black paint you use to "Ghost Rider" the gixer before each meet, though...

;)

White trash
19th January 2005, 14:57
That reminds me.

How's that secret ninja underground roadracing for cash project going?

Don't let anyone see the can of wash-off black paint you use to "Ghost Rider" the gixer before each meet, though...

;)

Was going mighty fine 'till a few minutes ago. I was three and a half grand up but all of a sudden, no one knows what the hell I'm on about when I text them :unsure:

Thanks for that...... :disapint:

**R1**
19th January 2005, 15:01
just flip every bike ya see the bird :finger: ......if its a KBer they will flip back:finger: if not they will probly turn back and you will have made a new friend :spudbooge .......or on second thought perhaps you should only do it to bikes that are slower than yours...

Riff Raff
19th January 2005, 15:19
How about we all do the Stand Up Reverse Wave TM. I'm sure Motoracer will be happy to show it to everyone!

scumdog
19th January 2005, 15:32
Howz about we make a fist with left hand and tap chest as we approach other bike? Non-confrontational and could only be mistaken for somebody trying to make themselves burp!!

Hey, I've had a serious idea for once!!

Roadrash
19th January 2005, 15:35
the rate your all going we will be so busy doing everything but watching where we are going there won't be anyone left to say hi to,why not just get patches on our jackets and have more social events, get drunk and throw up on each other
:spudbooge

Paul in NZ
19th January 2005, 15:36

Ah HA!

At the first sign of trouble I would flip my secret KB button and go into stealth mode and a little electic motor would haul down my KB colors and run up the Jolly Roger (argh argh argh me hearties etc etc) or a flag of a different hue! Thus totally confusing everyone while I slip away!

With a few mods I sould run up a variety of these flags and signal messages to others in the know! Much like ships at sea before radio was reliable!

http://www.usps.org/f_stuff/sigflgs.html

I would find D and F useful.

http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/signal-meaning.html

Paul N

scumdog
19th January 2005, 15:40
Ah HA!

At the first sign of trouble I would flip my secret KB button and go into stealth mode and a little electic motor would haul down my KB colors and run up the Jolly Roger (argh argh argh me hearties etc etc) or a flag of a different hue! Thus totally confusing everyone while I slip away!

With a few mods I sould run up a variety of these flags and signal messages to others in the know! Much like ships at sea before radio was reliable!

http://www.usps.org/f_stuff/sigflgs.html

I would find D and F useful.

http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/signal-meaning.html

Paul N

Too risky!!, when you've had the bike for twenty years or so and about to retire it and flying your 'paying off penant" it's likely to wrap around about 20 other nearby objects i.e. KBers, cages, flying squid et al.... :crazy:

bugjuice
19th January 2005, 15:40
what about you just tap you knee as you pass? leaves time to nod if they aren't one of 'us' (if I can say that yet), and doesn't look over the top or anytin..
Wasn't lookin forward to moonin anyway, my butt would get cold

Blakamin
19th January 2005, 15:43
what about you just tap you knee as you pass? leaves time to nod if they aren't one of 'us' (if I can say that yet), and doesn't look over the top or anytin..
Wasn't lookin forward to moonin anyway, my butt would get cold
pretty hard to see my left knee coz I aint letting go of the throttle...
I got an idea.... how about we wave or nod???? :niceone:

scumdog
19th January 2005, 15:48
STILL reckon the chest tapping as per my earlier post is best idea yet...
Any improvements on that ? No? meh, thought not.

Watch for H-D rider trying to punch himself off the road as you go the other way, could just be me.

James Deuce
19th January 2005, 15:49
Can I make a more sensible suggestion?

Just look for the accident. Heaven knows we collectively have enough of them.

bugjuice
19th January 2005, 15:49
pretty hard to see my left knee coz I aint letting go of the throttle...
I got an idea.... how about we wave or nod???? :niceone:

yeah, thought had occurred to me after I posted it.. can't you use your teeth or something, for the throttle?

Well, I guess it'd just be down to the nod, or some way of visual ID on the bike..

or everyone just meets up more, then we get to know each others' bikes and then we can wink :sly: (just don't use your tinted visor) in some bizarre way..

Big Dave
19th January 2005, 15:56
Simple to spot me. I'm the one going like an idiot on one wheel. Normally seen riding a GSX-RSOMETHING-OR-OTHER.

Idiot - check
One wheel - not sure - more like one hand.
GSXR - still with the no taste.

Matching Violators? enquires Larri.

bd

Blakamin
19th January 2005, 16:10
well the bit about the bike recognition is good... and considering I have a KB sticker on the screen- too easy! :niceone: :beer:

Sniper
19th January 2005, 16:19
How about we throw stuff. If you dodge it, you are a KB because you knew it was coming. If you fall off you arte not with KB. (Because you didnt know you had to dodge).

Exceptions to the rule are if we know you are Honda or Winja or Ghost rider, then we throw stuff anyway?? :lol:

White trash
19th January 2005, 16:28
Idiot - check
One wheel - not sure - more like one hand.
GSXR - still with the no taste.

Matching Violators? enquires Larri.

bd

Wondered when the hell you'd throw $0.02 around. Missed you at the track day on saturday on the mighty Troph-ey.

Tell LarrY He'd best wait and see if we move in together or not. :laugh:

Blakamin
19th January 2005, 16:29
How about we throw stuff. If you dodge it, you are a KB because you knew it was coming. If you fall off you arte not with KB. (Because you didnt know you had to dodge).
:
hooks has that covered... he throws mirrors!!!

Sniper
19th January 2005, 16:32
hooks has that covered... he throws mirrors!!!

Hmm, did I miss something there then? Be there a story behind this?? :yes:

Riff Raff
19th January 2005, 16:32
We could all wear lufferly yellow KB reflectorised vests!!! Mmm sexy!

Blakamin
19th January 2005, 16:34
Hmm, did I miss something there then? Be there a story behind this?? :yes:
dont follow him when his bike is "shedding"

Sniper
19th January 2005, 16:36

Ok, the way you say it makes me scared :blink: .

Wellyman
19th January 2005, 16:37
What about somebody makes orange bandanas and we all attach one to our left arm (becuase we all pass on the right hand side)

Holy Roller
19th January 2005, 16:37
the rate your all going we will be so busy doing everything but watching where we are going there won't be anyone left to say hi to,why not just get patches on our jackets and have more social events, get drunk and throw up on each other
:spudbooge
I second that idea
But I do like something to sew on my jacket though. :spudwave:

ktulu
19th January 2005, 16:44
KB sticker on the front screen sounds like a bloody good idea, I am searching out the link here to find out how to buy them as we speak

Blakamin
19th January 2005, 16:53
KB sticker on the front screen sounds like a bloody good idea, I am searching out the link here to find out how to buy them as we speak
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sales.php

justsomeguy
19th January 2005, 17:12
maybe we could all ride naked :sunny:

or how bout we take off our helmets and bow

or we could stand up and take both hands off the handlebars

or we could lift up our visors and stick our tongues out at each other

or pretend to shove our hands up our *** as we ride past

or we could start shaking the handlebars very violently

or we could make it a point to STOP the biker and ask them

naah.... well why the feck do we really care who the hell the next person is again? Come on we need to harden up enough of all this ghey love.

Lets keep the KB rides for getting to know each other.

BEST IDEA - A SIMPLE MILITARY SALUTE *ANSWERED* BY A THUMBS UP.

Meaning that the other person knows what you mean............. strangers (non KB'ers) will simply salute you back or nod their head.....

and if you don't have the ability to distinguish a "thumbs up" from "the finger" then get your eyes checked

Waylander
19th January 2005, 17:16
how about an orange bandana tied around our right arm with any kind of symbol the rider wants on it allows comformity and yet personality all at once :Punk:

justsomeguy
19th January 2005, 17:20
whats with all the feckin bandanas..... we all mascots for the cancer society??

Also we will soon get pulled up by cops and robbers wanting to know

a) Coppers: Which gang do we belong to?

b) Robbers: You got a problem with my gang? Huh? Tell me punk do you feel lucky?

jrandom
19th January 2005, 17:21
How about we follow the suggestion that has already been made and END THIS GHEYNESS!

Jeez, people.

If you really feel such a terrible need for social recognition while riding your motorcycle, go on rides or meet other KBers at the pub or something, and memorise what their bikes look like.

Wellyman
19th January 2005, 17:21
alucard_draken that was my idea see my post above.

Gen
19th January 2005, 17:24
Hmmmm... the thought of all those man breasts :shit: Not a good idea!

it was only suggested so the guys get to leer at womens breasts :bash:

Waylander
19th January 2005, 17:26
alucard_draken that was my idea see my post above.
sorry man dont think i saw it. still i thought that would be a good idea but ohwell

Jantar
19th January 2005, 17:27

:2thumbsup

jrandom
19th January 2005, 17:27

Meh.

Better to leave them under leather and let our imaginations run wild.

Er...

So can all this "let's have a special KB Panty-Wave Of Recognition" gheyness stop *now*, then? Please? It's disturbing me.

justsomeguy
19th January 2005, 17:29
How about we follow the suggestion that has already been made and END THIS GHEYNESS!

Jeez, people.

If you really feel such a terrible need for social recognition while riding your motorcycle, go on rides or meet other KBers at the pub or something, and memorise what their bikes look like.

yaa wot ee sed

y 7h3 h311 du v n33d 2 n0 3v3ryb0dy 4nyvv4y?

If you really wish to know us turn up for the bloody rides and behave yourself.

There is one this Sunday ........

and yeah here's the meetings section

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Coyote
19th January 2005, 17:37
There a problem? :p

Getting a bike yet?

Hooks
19th January 2005, 17:40

:Oi: Mr.Moderator sir ..... :Playnice: my old girl is still going strong and hasn't "shed" anything in nearly 24 hours ... unless you count the spiders that abandoned ship on that right hander earlier today... :pinch: And I now carry "the" tape with me at all times to ensure that anything loose stays with me until I find a more permanent way of affixing it !! :finger:

justsomeguy
19th January 2005, 17:45
don't mind me just increasing the number of my posts.....

Blakamin
19th January 2005, 18:12
:Oi: Mr.Moderator sir ..... :Playnice: my old girl is still going strong and hasn't "shed" anything in nearly 24 hours ... unless you count the spiders that abandoned ship on that right hander earlier today... :pinch: And I now carry "the" tape with me at all times to ensure that anything loose stays with me until I find a more permanent way of affixing it !! :finger:
sorry hooks... someone suggested throwing stuff and I just thought I'd better let them know that was your idea months ago... couldn't let a good idea escape its originator :banana: :2thumbsup :lol: and lets not forget that my CBR "shed" a caliper bolt on the very same ride... i'd rather throw mirrors.. slightly safer when slowing from the speed limit.... :thud:

StoneChucker
19th January 2005, 18:23
I don't think a KB "wave" is all that "ghey" (sp???). But, it would be rather time consuming to get it to become known. I sometimes pull a small wheelie when passing an oncoming bike (note, small one, only if coast is clear). But that may be perceived as wanky :laugh:

Hell, you can't miss me, red bike with mean looking head lights.
And you definitely aren't going to miss my cage. (Hmm, I've only had 3 occasions of people recognising me, thought there'd be more. I may have to stick a BIG as sticker on the hood. Maybe a pop up plate, like on the back of audi TT's and porshe's)

Gen
19th January 2005, 18:24
There a problem? :p

Getting a bike yet?

Have no money to buy one :(

Will you buy me one, kind stranger?

No problem, long as the ladies don't mind :spudwave:

justsomeguy
19th January 2005, 20:11
Did you say KB shirts? Hey Spank when we getting our KB shirts?

crashe
19th January 2005, 20:38
hmmmm stickers on the wind sheild... (or what ever you call them ...lol )
Well thats a slight problem for those that don't have one on their bikes....
Me being one of them...lol :scooter:

Tapping left knee to say hi..... ummmmm everyone is on my right going past me... going in the opposite direction..... so not much chance of them seeing the tapping.....lol :scooter:

Sometimes a bike just whizzes past me going the other way so damn fast... there is only time for a quick nod.... :scooter:

And there is no way that I'm exposing parts of my anatomony (sp) to anyone out there on the roads.... :crazy:

So I'll stick to a wave or a nod.... unless you can come up with something else thats sensible... :headbang:

Slingshot
19th January 2005, 21:28
............. strangers (non KB'ers) will simply salute you back or nod their head.....

Or think you're stupid:finger:

idb
19th January 2005, 22:09
I always wear a black leather jacket - so keep an eye out for me.

James Deuce
19th January 2005, 22:18
Hmmm

Kiwibiker wave.

That would be: earth, sky, earth, sky, (what's that crunching noise), earth, sky, ouch.

Ms Piggy
19th January 2005, 22:40
We could all wear our underpants on the outside of our bike pants.

wari
19th January 2005, 23:03
WHen all our powers combine ...

EArth ... :thud:

WInd ... :moon:

FIre ... :ar15:

WAter ... :cry:

HEart .. :love:

WE be-come ...

CAptain Planitt ...

GO PLAnet ... :spudwave:

John
19th January 2005, 23:23
well my vote goes for the complentary binning while passing a fellow rider, paying special attention to drop it on the side and create a shit load of sparks - so they are indeed noted as a fellow KB... (its funny when you think about it)

Ms Piggy
20th January 2005, 06:42
Ooooooooo - what about we all just wear 1 glove!

Or 1 glitter glove!

Riff Raff
20th January 2005, 07:21
Ooooooooo - what about we all just wear 1 glove!

Or 1 glitter glove!
Now you're talking!!! :wacko:

StoneChucker
20th January 2005, 07:25
Hmmm

Kiwibiker wave.

That would be: earth, sky, earth, sky, (what's that crunching noise), earth, sky, ouch.
Thats it :) you don't get much more kiwibiker than that!

Sniper
20th January 2005, 07:47
Oooo, I had the best idea ever. How about putting Tea Cosys on our helmets. It will ID us to other KB's

and keep our heaps warm!

Coyote
20th January 2005, 07:52
Oooo, I had the best idea ever. How about putting Tea Cosys on our helmets. It will ID us to other KB's

and keep our heaps warm!
AAARRRRRGHGGGGHHHHH!!!! Not Tea Cosys!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!! You a homie or somethin?!?!?!

Watch your back dude

Coyote
20th January 2005, 07:54
We could all wear our underpants on the outside of our bike pants.
Or on our helmets! Dude, everyone will want to join KB if we did that!

jrandom
20th January 2005, 07:58
You a homie or somethin?!?!?!

Yes, true. If we wore tea cosies on our heads, we'd also have to wear trousers three sizes too big, and our motorcycles would need 'blinging'.

Also, I, for one, would be unhappy with the number of hos who would presumably want to clamber on the back. It upsets the handling.

"All you other jrandoms are just imitatin'..."

Coyote
20th January 2005, 08:01
Also, I, for one, would be unhappy with the number of hos who would presumably want to clamber on the back. It upsets the handling.

I ain't got no problem with da hos yo :p

Sniper
20th January 2005, 08:04
AAARRRRRGHGGGGHHHHH!!!! Not Tea Cosys!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!! You a homie or somethin?!?!?!

Watch your back dude

It was meant to be funny, I dont expect anyone with half a brain to put a tea cosy on their head. :eek5:

I cant see my back. :spudbooge

Coyote
20th January 2005, 08:08
It was meant to be funny, I dont expect anyone with half a brain to put a tea cosy on their head. :eek5:

Phew, one less homie on this site

vifferman
20th January 2005, 08:16
How about putting Tea Cosys on our helmets. It will ... keep our heaps warm!
What if we don't ride a heap? :spudwhat:

bugjuice
20th January 2005, 08:18
what's with the guys who glue yard brushes to their helmets? I've seen a few around and it's always got me wonderin.. why skin a brush and stick it on yer head?
only thing I can think it'd be good for, is polishin up boots etc while your sat on the side of the road..

Krayy
20th January 2005, 08:22
what's with the guys who glue yard brushes to their helmets? I've seen a few around and it's always got me wonderin.. why skin a brush and stick it on yer head?
only thing I can think it'd be good for, is polishin up boots etc while your sat on the side of the road..
A Mohician cycle club??

TonyB
20th January 2005, 08:34
Well it's simple innit? Put your right indicator on for a couple of flashes.
'course, that makes most of the truckies KB'rs, but it's simple, easy to do, and noticeable. Why not? :spudwhat:

Sniper
20th January 2005, 08:38

Promise to shoot me if I ever turn into one :laugh:

Riff Raff
20th January 2005, 08:51
Consider it done!

Coyote
20th January 2005, 08:55
You didn't have to ask :niceone:

Sniper
20th January 2005, 09:18
Consider it done!

Yay for Riff Raff :banana:

You didn't have to ask

Yay for alarumba :banana:

Coyote
20th January 2005, 09:22
Yay for alarumba :banana:
Git me mah shotgun

Acid Drop
20th January 2005, 09:38
What about KB Magnetic stickers for those nudie bikes...ie; jrandom
Unless those shiny sliver gauge covers are plastic!?

Skunk
20th January 2005, 09:56
Faaarrkk! You 'ghey' guys still trying to sort a wave? :killingme:

Yokai
20th January 2005, 09:56

Eh Ese! You wan' not to talk about mi cholos like dat! We take you out an let the carnales stick dey cuetes up yo' ass!! We ain't no huelo-pedos...!

Coyote
20th January 2005, 09:59
Eh Ese! You wan' not to talk about mi cholos like dat! We take you out an let the carnales stick dey cuetes up yo' ass!! We ain't no huelo-pedos...!
Aye punk? You talkin tah me! Nobady, an I meen nobady talk to me like tha'. I bust a cap in yo ass

Sniper
20th January 2005, 10:33
Aye punk? You talkin tah me! Nobady, an I meen nobady talk to me like tha'. I bust a cap in yo ass

ummmmm???? :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

HenryDorsetCase
20th January 2005, 11:20
what about throwing the goat, heavy metal style ???

Yokai
20th January 2005, 11:23

Don't even tink about starting to grow some cojones, Ese. You ain't no cholo - mi loco madre go kick yo' butt! :sunny:

Paul in NZ
20th January 2005, 11:30
Actually....

The way this site is growing I think it is safe to assume nearly everyone we pass that is on a bike is a member!

Paul N

scumdog
20th January 2005, 12:59
Don't even tink about starting to grow some cojones, Ese. You ain't no cholo - mi loco madre go kick yo' butt! :sunny:
You and alarumba must have spent some time working in Burbank/Sun Valley wrecking yards with 'wet-backs' too huh? :doobey:

Waylander
20th January 2005, 13:12
haha live in so-cal or texas for a year then you can have something to say about 'wetbacks' lol :bleh:

Yokai
20th January 2005, 13:24
Silicon Valley for me. You know that the Mexican population (censussed...(sp) - counted by census, anyway) is the majority in California?

Waylander
20th January 2005, 13:41
Silicon Valley for me. You know that the Mexican population (censussed...(sp) - counted by census, anyway) is the majority in California?

been that way for a long time now mate, same with most of the south western states infact

Waylander
20th January 2005, 13:46
anyway i still think the bandanna or some sort of patch would be a good idea and it would help new members like me to know who im passing. i wave to all bikers no matter what the ride cause thats just common curtasy

Yokai
20th January 2005, 14:09
been that way for a long time now mate, same with most of the south western states infact
:Offtopic:
Not that long though really - in 2000 they were the largest minority (32.4% according to the US Census Bureau)
In 2002 they were at 33.2% with whites at 46.8%

Last year (2004), apparently was the projected achievement of majority, and according to a couple of reports from the Sacramento Bee (which I unfortunately cannot currently find) this was achieved in/around august.

*shrug* probably not interesting to anyone other than us though, and certainly not a General Biker Raving... although there should be stats on bike buying among Chicano populations

To get back on topic, wearing things is like a uniform. I like the "nod" thing. riding along, see a biker, nod to the left - then it looks like an odd nod to any other biker....

Kwaka-Kid
20th January 2005, 17:28
but what about every day walk of life sorta thing when not on the bike? Because ive met a few KB'ers that i havnt said anything just incase it wasnt...
one was the mighty Motu!!! Dude i think you came into work like a month or so ago - Old bugger from Deane auto yeah? ... heh heh heh! or one of your workers at least.

SPORK
20th January 2005, 17:47
Well Spankme should look at getting some patches or something to sew onto clothes or leathers maybe? I dunno...

Coyote
20th January 2005, 17:53
Does it really matter knowing if your a KBer or not? Anyway, we will end up with threads saying 'Who was the guy with the KB sticker/gave me the Secret wave/did a Kahuna Dumpster out on Miro street/SH2/outside liks at 8:00pm?'

justsomeguy
20th January 2005, 17:54
Or think you're stupid:finger:

A salute is globally accepted as a sign of respect only a fool like you would think of it as an expression of stupidity.

gman
20th January 2005, 18:16
that could get interesting going round a right hander at speed!!!!

we could tap our helmets with the left hand (always the free one) .

El Dopa
20th January 2005, 18:39
what about throwing the goat, heavy metal style ???

Gets my vote. Sign of the devil, dude! :headbang: :Punk:

Krusti
20th January 2005, 18:47
God I have trouble just nodding before the other bikes gone. Maybe we should all have Red and Blue flashing lights! :banana:

NC
20th January 2005, 19:07
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish I could tell you guys what I'm laughing about!!!!!

Riff Raff
20th January 2005, 19:10
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish I could tell you guys what I'm laughing about!!!!!
You just did a big fart in the bath, didn't you? Go on, admit it!!! :Pokey:

NC
20th January 2005, 19:12
You just did a big fart in the bath, didn't you? Go on, admit it!!! :Pokey:
LOL noooo

Way more funnier than toilet humor :yes:

NordieBoy
20th January 2005, 20:10

Fairings are for homosexuals.

Well known fact.

That and the one about shafties and wheelies.

scumdog
20th January 2005, 20:11
that could get interesting going round a right hander at speed!!!!

we could tap our helmets with the left hand (always the free one) .

Goes along the same lines of tapping you chest with your left hand as I mentioned earlier, whatever, tap your chest/helmet, same principal!

scumdog
20th January 2005, 20:17
Fairings are for homosexuals.

Well known fact.

That and the one about shafties and wheelies.

Yep, even belt-drive is a passing fad and fairings are for the weak wristed. :whistle:

NordieBoy
20th January 2005, 20:54

I cant see my back. :spudbooge

My bro did a supercross on his KLX once.

Fully road kitted and wearing a beanie helmet warmer knitted for him by a mates Gran.

:killingme

Sniper
21st January 2005, 07:07
LOL noooo

Do we want to know??? :banana: :lol:

Riff Raff
21st January 2005, 07:16
Do we want to know??? :banana: :lol:
We do, We DO :banana: :banana: :banana:

Holy Roller
21st January 2005, 07:29
God I have trouble just nodding before the other bikes gone. Maybe we should all have Red and Blue flashing lights! :banana:

Why not a blue led mounted forward facing like the boy racers have on their cars down here or up here depending on where ever one is domiciled.

MrMelon
21st January 2005, 08:41
LOL noooo

That's impossible! Nothing beats toilet humour!

outlawtorn
21st January 2005, 09:20
wow, after 2 cups of coffee and 1 hour later I have finally finished reading all the posts in this thread.

I reckon if we want to acknowledge each other on the road we should do any one of the following, that way we know where we are coming from:

- Salute with the left arm, right arm or third arm (if that is the case), acknowledged by a thumbs up.
- Tap your chest acknowledged by a nod or recipricol chest tapping.
- Devils horns hand sign (my preferred option) :headbang: acknowledged with another Devils horn
- Releasing the handlebars and tapping your head while rubbing your belly

In terms of other identifying attributes, what about making some very small stickers for the back bottom part of the helmet with the KB logo? Something really small so it isn't intrusive but big enough to recognise it as we pass each other.

Forgive me, I'm in a sensible mood today..........um.....

:ride: