PDA

View Full Version : Bike paint and panel in Auckland?

terbang
26th August 2008, 10:13
Anyone know of and could recommend a good paint and panel shop in Auckland that does Motorcycles? Need a small amount of plastic welding, surface preparation and painting on all panels and tank on a GSXR 11. Not showpiece type but just a good tidy rider. Roughly what cost can I expect.
Cheers B

TOTO
26th August 2008, 16:54
Reflections (http://www.reflectionsmc.co.nz)

pyrocam
9th September 2008, 09:05
I have heard reflections has a new owner and subsequently, are not as good.

I haven't seen any of the work recently so if you have any, can you post up pics or comment? They used to be the bees knees

R6_kid
9th September 2008, 12:17
Reflections quoted $2700 to paint my GSXR1000K3, in all over one colour with some stickers. Sure....

Frenchy on the other hand, $650 including repairing a dent in my tank. Send him a PM.

BIGBOSSMAN
9th September 2008, 18:56
Hmmm, Reflections eh.
They did some plastic welding and respray on my old 10, mucked up the colour match on the side panel (they redid the job to be honest) but they broke the tabs on my seat unit when they put it back on the bike and didn't tell me about it.
That and the 2 week lead time means I'll definitely be checking out alternatives in the future (and they're not exactly cheap either).

pyrocam
9th September 2008, 20:29
Hmmm, Reflections eh.
They did some plastic welding and respray on my old 10, mucked up the colour match on the side panel (they redid the job to be honest) but they broke the tabs on my seat unit when they put it back on the bike and didn't tell me about it.
That and the 2 week lead time means I'll definitely be checking out alternatives in the future (and they're not exactly cheap either).

when was that?

The Pastor
9th September 2008, 20:31
doh, they have my tank atm, i didnt mind paying the extra as i thought they'd do a good job of it.

looks like i was gypd again!

BIGBOSSMAN
10th September 2008, 00:03
when was that?

Um, around Feb/March this year I guess. No problem with the plastic welding and once the colour was fixed up it was fine. But the 04/5 10 has a 3 part tail unit - the underneath section is glued onto the 2 outers and this was broken.
I didn't go back to them to fix it, deciding on a healthy plastering of clear stone-chip self adhesive to hold it together (and stop stone chips of course).
It did the job admirably, so I left it at that. Not one to complain, I am...

crazefox
10th September 2008, 19:15
SEND IT TOO CRAZEFOX THEN?:wari::wari::wari: