PDA

View Full Version : What racing name should I put on my leathers?

Coldkiwi
4th September 2003, 17:41
Cheers for the advice Duckman!!

Ok, criteria is thus:

Not too poncy
the shorter the better

FYI, the leathers are silver/black and the bike is green!

All suggestions welcomed.

(I'm hoping for similar success to my request for dining advice a few weeks ago!)

cheers guys :)

Coldkiwi
4th September 2003, 17:45
bugger... wrong forum... Spankme!!! how do I move it to the racing thread? can't seem to do that through the edit. wouldn't let me delete it and start again either.

Kwaka-Kid
4th September 2003, 18:09
how about "Ponce" ?

hehehe :P well u do blimmin go to dinner with ur mrs and all and spend money! ohh yeah.. so i know, "yuppie"

oh damn.. ill shuttup now b4 i make yet another foe :)

Coldkiwi
4th September 2003, 18:36
I think I'd only put that name on if I end up winning a few races! if you're top of the heap you can call yourself what you want and those that don't like it can sod off :)

maybe criteria 3 should be - All serious suggestions welcomed

Kiwi
4th September 2003, 19:03
flying kiwi?????:niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
4th September 2003, 19:22
Serious note: well we can keep giving names i.e Scraper, Blurry, Slider, or whatever you like.. yadda yadda, but i think its prolly up to those who know you better then most of us random KB'ers... i think in a way a nickname like that should have some personal meaning, i.e With Possum borne etc. i dunno, had any spills that might be reflected by a good name? or somthing like that? cmon you dudes that know Rishard well... Jono? certainly you would have an idea.

bikerboy
4th September 2003, 20:08
In that case how about armco?

or scivoloso :o or kawazu = frog in japonese?

Kwaka-Kid
4th September 2003, 20:23
well you know armco wouldnt actually be that bad...

mehehe look my new avatar, finally had the ten minutes to use animation shop again, schweeet, hehe its a rush job but its all good atm :)

Hoon
5th September 2003, 11:24
I was thinking of getting my nick put on my leathers since I have a gaping rip that needs repairing as well but theres not much point at the moment as the only people that get to see it are those that are coming around to lap me!

Coldkiwi
5th September 2003, 12:56
hehe, armco ain't bad... but i feel like thats tempting fate!

bikerboy
5th September 2003, 16:36
KK nice avatar thingy!

CK, scivoloso = slippery in Italiano.:)

:rockon:

Coldkiwi
5th September 2003, 17:00
perhaps I should wait till I have a race and see what happens. That may well earn me a nickname (that I may or may not want to remember but at least it would be a personal one!).

I mean... I don't want to go round Puke with scivoloso on the back of my leathers, only to spring an oil leak and get covered in the stuff... because you can guarantee there'd be someone on the PA who spoke italian and would love the irony!

Lee Rusty
5th September 2003, 19:24
why do u need a nick name - aint your name any good.

Coldkiwi
8th September 2003, 12:18
mm.. it would do if it had to... but its a user handle i've borrowed more than a nickname

Lee Rusty
8th September 2003, 12:34
I meant the name your folks gave you - not some bullshit name you have to make up.

most racers have a simple Dave, or Bill, or Harry.

I always though that the only riders who gave themselves nick names were Hardley Dangerous riders who call themselves wolf or Coyote or desert dog or some othe yankee form of animal because they so much wanna bee americans.

when u join there group you have to give them the name you want to be known by - and not your given name.

Are you sure you wanna bee like them.

if you dont have a family or friends nick name you dont have to try to get one or invent one.

it either comes or it don't - yours aint come yet, and remember you might not like it when it does, but you will probably have earned it .

bikerboy
8th September 2003, 18:28
Yeah CK, so there!:o

Ouch !? :argh:

This was meant to be sarcastic.

If the man wants a nick name or race handle leave him alone! What's the big deal. Some people like 'em some don't. :p

Live and let live man, :rockon:

babyB
8th September 2003, 23:12
hay CK..do what feels right for u

i got Baby B on me race bike. a guy once asked me if he could call me by another name couse he was uncomfortable using baby:o ..its not a problem.,....(& of course, there's a story behind Baby B )

Dave
9th September 2003, 11:14
what about "Highside" or "peter pan" (Wendy,i can fly)
give you something to aspire to.

Coldkiwi
9th September 2003, 13:14
hehe, similar comments as to 'armco' dave! To be honest, if its something i earn because I seriously cock something up, then that's fine. I could use my first name but its just not very original thats all.

not that i'll need a name on the leathers anyway if I can't get my damn 6R sorted out in time. stupid thing spat the coolant dummy today and is getting sorted out by Mt Eden as I type. back on the 250 for a bit I guess!

SPman
9th September 2003, 18:51
Originally posted by Lee Rusty
I meant the name your folks gave you - not some bullshit name you have to make up.
most racers have a simple Dave, or Bill, or Harry. 

DICK ....! ?

Maybe not...:rolleyes:

Kwaka-Kid
9th September 2003, 19:02
heh, forgot u still had that 250 coldkiwi.  hey dude, do you ever use it? and if not, do you find it annoying that you are not using it as much as ud like/should yet are paying WOF/Rego on it? tahts the thing that pisses me off about having vechiles, i dont care about the money i could make selling them (haha not much! :P) i care about the money i would save.

just repair it yourself Rich. :) i have heard VERY bad stuff about mt eden workshop wise.. like my mates YZF750 coming back minus carby screws/one stripped thread etc etc, broken inner gaurd, all sorts of random little things, but as i said,  ilike hte dude in hte shop, just heard bad stuff about hte workshop

curious george
9th September 2003, 23:55
*but as i said,  ilike hte dude in hte shop*-KK

WTF?:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, and CK, are you trying to sell the 250?

I didn't know that. Crashed or outgrown?

aff-man
10th September 2003, 12:48
to get back to the point . CK how about finz or finderz or something that we have been calling you for years???

Coldkiwi
10th September 2003, 12:53
yeah... finz is kinda cutsey though.

nah, the 250 is going great guns now. its been keeping other bikes happy at Mt Eden while I've been looking for a buyer but I've got it on the road today cause the 6R is getting the radiator fixed (ker-CHING... expensive damn hobby)

the ZXR only needed new sparks etc. I CERTAINLY didn't crash it! I bought the 6R because I got sick of getting pasted by almost everyone down the back straight of Pukekohe each time I went out there and decided it was time to get on a 600. Since i got it, I've only been passed a few times on the straight but the speed difference was at least below 50kmhr those times which I can live with!