PDA

View Full Version : Well - Winston and NZ First are fucked

Tank
27th August 2008, 10:34
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10529238

Obv - one of two things are happening.

1 - A Billionaire who gave Winston $100,000 and has nothing to gain by lying is telling porkies.

or.

2 - Winston has been lying the entire time. (No really)

So do you think this latest revelation (along with Hides SFO complaint about backhanders from the fisheries folk) is going to be the death of Winnie and NZFirst?

And if so - do you think this is good for NZ as a whole?

MisterD
27th August 2008, 10:44
He's gone burger. Clark has no choice now. She can hardly carry on with the "taking the Honorable Member's word" line when he is being contradicted by her own biggest donor can she?

It can only be good for NZ, because it's going to be mighty difficult for her to cobble together a coalition without Winston First, even assuming that enough mud hasn't also stuck to her to guarantee a shellacking in the polls.

Yay for Rodney! The man deserves to be back with 4/5 MPs in tow next time. Welcome back SRD.

Winston001
27th August 2008, 10:51
Can't abide the guy. He's always been a slippery shiney suit, going for populist agendas (attacking Asians), and never answering a straight question.

I'll credit him with intelligence, political skill, and doggedness. Occasionally he says something sensible but so do other quieter politicians.

He's a one-man band show pony and hopefully he won't be back in Parliament.

On this donations business, had he immediately explained the way donations were dealt with and simply apologised to the public, he'd have won respect. Refusing to open the mysterious Spencer Trust is just stupid.

The thing is, Winston Peters doesn't need to persuade the electorate, all he needs is to be elected, or get 5% of the Party Vote. So his arrogance and bluster plays well to the aged who see him as a lone White Knight, the only honest (Yeah, Right!! :mad:) politician.

I think time has moved on and he won't get the 5%.

Tank
27th August 2008, 10:54
On this donations business, he's probably innocent.

Im with you on most the post - but the above comment WTF???? Either he or Owen Glenn is lying.

I cannot see any way that Winnie is innocent unless Owen Glenn is telling untruths - oh and so is Sir Bob Jones, and so is Rodney Hide.

Mr Merde
27th August 2008, 10:56
In the real world we would expect WInston to go, but this is not the real world. This is the world of politics where everyone involved starts out with the best of intentions (I'm assuming), and eventually stay there for what they can personally get out of it.

NZ First is important to Aunty Helen at the moment. Without a coalition she is unable to pass laws that make her and her party look good in the eyes of the great unwashed, especially as we are apparently looking towards a generasl election later this year.

There are a few exceptions to my sceptical view of things and from what I saw of Mr Hyde last night on the news, he may be just that.

Winston needs to be dumped. If he is guilty he needs to face up to the populace and accept that he has been caught. He should take his punishment as an honourable person would.

Oh shit I'm dreaming again

more_fasterer
27th August 2008, 11:00
Winston's dishonest? Didn't see that one coming... :killingme

MisterD
27th August 2008, 11:17
...and one more thought, if what Rodders was saying last night is investigated and proven by the SFO, then Winnie could do jail-time. :banana:

Mr Merde
27th August 2008, 11:27
Probably wont come to court as the current govt intends to abolish the SFO

If this is done post haste the Winston has nothing to worry about

jrandom
27th August 2008, 11:28
Oh, that's right - the SFO's being disbanded.

Because we should be focusing on 'organised crime' instead.

:pinch:

Edit: Mr Merde beat me to it.

ManDownUnder
27th August 2008, 11:34
So do you think this latest revelation (along with Hides SFO complaint about backhanders from the fisheries folk) is going to be the death of Winnie and NZFirst?

And if so - do you think this is good for NZ as a whole?

No and yes - in that order. If there is anyone in the House capable of surviving a big storm it's him... dammit.

Swoop
27th August 2008, 11:53
Winston "Teflon" Peters will come out of this with a pay rise, promoted to Treasurer or Deputy PM and have a full written apology from Heilen Klerke.
You watch...

Good on Rodney Hide!
1: Questioning the bastard in the house.
2: Getting a new suit jacket.

Winston001
27th August 2008, 12:04
Im with you on most the post - but the above comment WTF???? Either he or Owen Glenn is lying.

I cannot see any way that Winnie is innocent unless Owen Glenn is telling untruths - oh and so is Sir Bob Jones, and so is Rodney Hide.

LOL after I posted I reconsidered and deleted the "innocent" bit. What I meant is that the blind trust type arrangement where donors are kept apart from the politicians is no doubt true. However it looks as though Peter's knew more than he is prepared to admitt and he'll just blame his memory and say it was years ago yadda yadda. Which makes him a liar so innocence be damned. :2guns:

alanzs
27th August 2008, 12:07
Winston "Teflon" Peters will come out of this with a pay rise, promoted to Treasurer or Deputy PM and have a full written apology from Heilen Klerke.
You watch...

Good on Rodney Hide!
1: Questioning the bastard in the house.
2: Getting a new suit jacket.

Old Teflon man will, unfortunately, probably survive this latest blunder.

Gotta give Rodney credit, wearing that suit certainly adds to his credibility. :2thumbsup

Flatcap
27th August 2008, 12:13
I had to laugh at "a grim looking Helen Clark has returned to the beehive"

Is there any other?

alanzs
27th August 2008, 13:38
I had to laugh at "a grim looking Helen Clark has returned to the beehive"

Is there any other?

She is really quite the "handsome" woman (in a Herman Munster kinda way). Maybe when she retires she'll get that gob of hers fixed. Was that the inside voice? Or the outside voice? Sometimes, they get confused... :Oops:

Okey Dokey
27th August 2008, 14:13
I think it would be very good for NZ to lose Peters. Unfortunately, the guy is as slippery as an eel, and politicians do tend to look after their own (especially if it means continuing to hold power)

Still, dreams are free and we can hope this time he goes.

Skyryder
27th August 2008, 14:30
Sad really. The man had staying power if nothing else. He makes NZ Politics interesting of nothing too. Is he finished. I really don't know. Depends if he can rustle up enough funds for the current election. I think that will be his biggest problem money.

Skyryder

Tank
27th August 2008, 17:06
Well, John Key has just come out and said Winnie has no part of a National Led g'ment if they win if Winnie cannot provide a credible reason for the discrepancies with Owen Glenns letter.

oh Dear.

So Uncle Helen is left holding the bag standing there saying she supports the guy. That's really going to help her credibility (for both those labor voters).

So what does she do now - stand tall and back Winnie - with people not being happy with him, or does she drop him like a hot rock also?

I think JK's been really clever here - Helen's going to be pissed.

BTW Can we have this sign changed :blank: to have a "NO" on it - we could call it a :winnie:

SPman
27th August 2008, 17:45
Winnie! - an opportunistic sleaze bag.He should go, but............
"Unfortunately, Peters has a gun to Clark's head: if she sacks him, he could topple her government. I hope the other minor parties in Parliament will do their bit to defuse this gun, offering the government confidence in order to give them the security to enforce our constitutional norms. But if they don't, she should do it anyway. Some things just cannot be tolerated, and a lying, corrupt Minister is one of them. This man has abused our democracy long enough. He has to be dumped, even if it means an early election."

Robbo
27th August 2008, 17:59
Winston should have stayed with the National Party all those years ago. He probably would have made it to Prime Minister and back in those times i think he would have made a good one.
Unfortunately he seems to be past his use by date these days and should have quit while he was ahead.
Don't blame me, i did'nt vote for F**kin MMP.
:2thumbsup

Str8 Jacket
27th August 2008, 18:01
Winnie the Pooh got stung! :eek:

Magua
27th August 2008, 18:05
Who the hell keeps voting for Winston?

doc
27th August 2008, 18:05
Winston's dishonest? Didn't see that one coming... :killingme

Yeah Bring back Banksie. At least he rides a Harley. Oops sorry no Boobs on the back tho.:2guns:

AllanB
27th August 2008, 18:09
Well consider this - regardless of whether or not he keeps his job - he will retire on a hell of a good pension with perks the common worker could only dream of.
Personally I'd like to see these perks etc dropped. They get paid to do their job while in it and once out of it tough shit - just like the rest of the working taxpayers.

Pension is different but I wonder - do they actually make a payment into the pension scheme or is this just a given from the tax take?

Stormer
27th August 2008, 18:36
Winston Peters dishonest???
Show me any politician that isn`t.
The closer it gets to the election, the thicker the bullshit and lies become.
I say vote him and NZ First in, this country`s that stuffed up now it ain`t gonna matter which way it goes.
He`s the least PC of any of those clowns, and that`s what the brainwashed masses cannot see past.

But then all politics is bullshit anyway, so, like, y`know, whatever...

pete376403
27th August 2008, 19:00
Pension is different but I wonder - do they actually make a payment into the pension scheme or is this just a given from the tax take?
They contribute 5% (IIRC ) of their salary to their super scheme, have to be in parliament 3 terms (again IIRC) before they become eligible. It's still a pretty nice gold-plated scheme.

Trudes
27th August 2008, 19:10
Winston Peters dishonest???
Show me any politician that isn`t.
The closer it gets to the election, the thicker the bullshit and lies become.
I say vote him and NZ First in, this country`s that stuffed up now it ain`t gonna matter which way it goes.
He`s the least PC of any of those clowns, and that`s what the brainwashed masses cannot see past.

I have to say that I agree with this.
The media is LOVING it all also, especially as it seems Winston really can't be fucked with their bullshit either. He has become the man everyone loves to hate and a damn good target to get the public's attention away from all the other corrupt arses in the big House. Always the same, leading up to an election the claws and shovels come out and everyone stars digging for anything they can get to disparage the opposition to make themselves look better. I'm sure there are worse things that can be uncovered about many of our other politicians if people cared to dig about some. JMHO.

98tls
27th August 2008, 21:06
"hes become the man everyone loves to hate":Oi:ive hated him for years.:niceone:

Skyryder
28th August 2008, 11:46
Well, John Key has just come out and said Winnie has no part of a National Led g'ment if they win if Winnie cannot provide a credible reason for the discrepancies with Owen Glenns letter.

oh Dear.

So Uncle Helen is left holding the bag standing there saying she supports the guy. That's really going to help her credibility (for both those labor voters).

So what does she do now - stand tall and back Winnie - with people not being happy with him, or does she drop him like a hot rock also?

I think JK's been really clever here - Helen's going to be pissed.

BTW Can we have this sign changed :blank: to have a "NO" on it - we could call it a :winnie:

Yes exactly my take on it too. Key has given himself an out on the grounds that if Wintsone can come up with a credible explanation there may be possible place if Key becomes the PM. I won't go into any explanation other than to say Key has made a smart move to early.
Winstone's next move. The man is cornered no doubt on that. He'll come out fighting.............bet on it.

Skyryder

Badjelly
28th August 2008, 11:51
But then all politics is bullshit anyway, so, like, y`know, whatever...

Thanks for that. I'll keep your words in mind when I vote this year.

Badjelly
28th August 2008, 11:55
...Key has made a smart move to early...

Too early?! Up to now his line has been that Helen should deal more firmly with Winston, but [cough] National wouldn't rule out forming a coalition with NZ First after the election. That horse was clearly dying beneath him, but he left it till the last minute before he jumped off it.

Skyryder
28th August 2008, 19:03
Too early?! Up to now his line has been that Helen should deal more firmly with Winston, but [cough] National wouldn't rule out forming a coalition with NZ First after the election. That horse was clearly dying beneath him, but he left it till the last minute before he jumped off it.

I'd be waiting to make sure that Winstone did not have any cards up his sleeve before ruling him out as Key has done.

There's a lot of hands to be dealt yet.

Clark has admitted that she knew of the payments months back. While that might not be good politicaly for her, knowledge of this does not make her guilty in anyway, however I can recall many who blamed her on the speeding motorcade and she was a passanger. On this basis I think she may cop some flack on this that may bring her into the mire with Winstone. There is however a lot of unknowns here and Ron Mark is one of them. I'd have to look up his seat and election figures but he is one of the most respected polly both in the house and on the street. He may well win an electorate seat and bring Winstone back with him. Speculation on my part?? Yes. But who here could say that this will not happen.

Skyryder

Tank
28th August 2008, 20:16
and now the SFO are going to investigate !!!!

Im lov'in it!

Robert Taylor
28th August 2008, 20:43
I'd be waiting to make sure that Winstone did not have any cards up his sleeve before ruling him out as Key has done.

There's a lot of hands to be dealt yet.

Clark has admitted that she knew of the payments months back. While that might not be good politicaly for her, knowledge of this does not make her guilty in anyway, however I can recall many who blamed her on the speeding motorcade and she was a passanger. On this basis I think she may cop some flack on this that may bring her into the mire with Winstone. There is however a lot of unknowns here and Ron Mark is one of them. I'd have to look up his seat and election figures but he is one of the most respected polly both in the house and on the street. He may well win an electorate seat and bring Winstone back with him. Speculation on my part?? Yes. But who here could say that this will not happen.

Skyryder

I totally agree with you about Ron Mark, but I think he may sink with the arch hypocrite. Clarks teflon lining doesnt look so effective anymore, she is sure as hell implicated and if that helps to comprehensively scuttle the Labour party I say bring it on.

riffer
28th August 2008, 21:30
Yeah, Ron Mark is sitting in my electorate. A damn shame he's in NZ First.

Swoop
29th August 2008, 08:03
Why is Heilen looking even more ugly than usual, over the last couple of days?

Heilen really looks like shit, and "it" wasn't pretty before this all started. Feeling the stress are we???

Robert Taylor
29th August 2008, 09:03
Why is Heilen looking even more ugly than usual, over the last couple of days?

Heilen really looks like shit, and "it" wasn't pretty before this all started. Feeling the stress are we???

IT has lived by the sword and will die by the sword....poetic justice.

slimjim
29th August 2008, 09:16
yes await and see...........

Winston001
29th August 2008, 10:14
I missed it but apparently a very polite and considerate Winston Peters phoned in to Morning Report unasked this morning. When he approaches the media and abandons the arrogant bluster, you know he is worried......:devil2:

ManDownUnder
29th August 2008, 11:03
I missed it but apparently a very polite and considerate Winston Peters phoned in to Morning Report unasked this morning. When he approaches the media and abandons the arrogant bluster, you know he is worried......:devil2:

TOOOOO TRUE! Attack is the best form of defence... and when that doesn't work he slips into damage control mode...

raftn
29th August 2008, 11:33
In the Hearald this morning.......Racing at Tauranga tomorrow....."winston" and "Who's got d Cash" worth a flutter, maybe a quinalla! Race 1 on the card. Might place a bet myself.....

Winston001
29th August 2008, 11:40
Listen to it here - scroll down to 7:28am. http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport#

MisterD
29th August 2008, 11:47
Clark has admitted that she knew of the payments months back. While that might not be good politicaly for her, knowledge of this does not make her guilty in anyway,

Yeah, but she's been saying "I'm taking the Honorable Member's word until I have credible evidence to the contrary" and all the while she has known that her own biggest donor did donate that $100k.

Question - who suggested to Winston to touch-up OG for the cash? I can only shortlist two names: Helen or Murky Mike Williams, and my money would be on the former.

I thought JK did a nice job on Breakfast this morning turning the "secret agenda" meme back on her...who has been keeping secrets to try to keep her gummint in power long enough to pass her world-leadingly stupid ETS legislation and bag her UN job.

Final thought - experience and proficiency in the field of corruption is probably useful on the CV when applying for a UN job...:devil2:

Marmoot
29th August 2008, 15:52
I think it would be very good for NZ to lose Peters.

I don't know man....better the enemies you know than the enemies you don't know?

Skyryder
29th August 2008, 16:12
[QUOTE=MisterD;1708257]Yeah, but she's been saying "I'm taking the Honorable Member's word until I have credible evidence to the contrary" and all the while she has known that her own biggest donor did donate that $100k.

Question - who suggested to Winston to touch-up OG for the cash? I can only shortlist two names: Helen or Murky Mike Williams, and my money would be on the former./QUOTE]

That’s ridiculous. You are saying that Clark suggested to Winston go touch up Glen for some cash. The leader of one party telling the leader of another the cash cow. This man that all say has credibility tried to buy his way into the diplomatic lifestyle. Seems that he had a bet both ways.

Skyryder

Mully
29th August 2008, 18:27
And hes gooooooooooone

MSTRS
29th August 2008, 18:31
Hoo-fucken-ray.

Maha
29th August 2008, 18:31
And hes gooooooooooone

He 'Stood down' officially.....not quite gone yet.

The way I see it, he was given two options, and chose option B, the one that suited him for now.

Only a matter of time now.

RON SOAK
29th August 2008, 18:43
Know a couple of women who fucked him in more ways than one....

:sick:

power must be a great afrodisiac.......

I don't know man....better the enemies you know than the enemies you don't know? As long as they arent in power

trustme
29th August 2008, 20:18
Don't count him out yet. The SFO may well find nothing illegal about his Bob Jones & Vela financial gymnastics. It may well be like the winebox affair, smelly & unethical but nothing actually illegal.
I will be interested to see if the SFO extends its investigation & looks at the Glenn money, that really is shonky but it is outside the time limit to charge on election overspending, & I dont have much faith in the privilege committee really going after him, Helen will be covering her own butt so he gets an easy ride
It is concievable that the little shit will get away with all his shady antics.
It is up to you & me & all those gullible nanas to pass judgement on election day

98tls
29th August 2008, 20:23
Dont understand the support he gets from greypower,would have thought they could see right through the slimey fuck.

Flatcap
29th August 2008, 20:30
Dont understand the support he gets from greypower,would have thought they could see right through the slimey fuck.

I wondered the same thing, until I had dinner with my elderly parents and we all got drunk and debated politics

Seems the oldies love Winnie because he gets them what they want for free. They don't care if he is corrupt when they are better able to access healthcare, transport etc on a fixed pension

trustme
29th August 2008, 20:32
He has done a lot for the oldies & some of them stay loyal, they are the electorate he relies on for his 5% & so he looks after them, probably more so than any other party
Fuck me , I hate saying this shit , it feels like I support the sleazy Luigi.

98tls
29th August 2008, 20:40
I wondered the same thing, until I had dinner with my elderly parents and we all got drunk and debated politics

Seems the oldies love Winnie because he gets them what they want for free. They don't care if he is corrupt when they are better able to access healthcare, transport etc on a fixed pension Fair call,i remeber many years ago being in a Wellington nightclub and in he waltzed with some blonde chick,he was pissed to bits and seemed to think everyone wanted to talk to him,up at the bar he started doing the "i am the man thing" and some guy gave him a shove accompanied with "fuck off" to which he flew back and over someone sitting down at a table and looked like a complete cock.:niceone:

awayatc
29th August 2008, 20:47

Alzheimers got a lot to answer for,

now where's that whine box stashed........

:scooter:

1 Free Man
29th August 2008, 21:34
Leave Winston alone! He is as pure as the driven snow. It's not fair that people think that he is telling lies. How obsurd!!
Bob Jones, Owen Glenn and Rodney Hide are just mean buggars who are trying to spoil our Winnies good name.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swoop
30th August 2008, 15:04
He is as pure as the driven snow.
"As pure as the driven slush", you mean?

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
30th August 2008, 15:53
Know a couple of women who fucked him in more ways than one....

:sick:

power must be a great afrodisiac.......

As long as they arent in power

I met the slimey creature many years ago - he was pig ugly, lined and a real midget 15 yrs ago - hell you would need two paper bags - in case one split - crikey are there women out there that are really that desperate?? lol

I was helping out at an Embassy function and he can certainly down the scotch on the rocks. At first I ignored his request for another drink then he tapped my arm so I looked down ="another scotch on the rocks dear" so I bent my knees to take the glass from him - normally we would say Certainly Sir - like fk I was saying that to him. His utter arrogance knows no bounds. A real poser and tosser.

oldrider
30th August 2008, 16:20
All of this is just a circus of distraction to take the electorates attention off the real business that's going on in parliament! :confused:

ETS anyone? :shifty:

The nation is being screwed and all eyes are on bloody "Winston"! :doh: John.

portokiwi
30th August 2008, 16:28
:innocent:I like Mr Peters.... He keeps the country interesting.
People like him keep people like me employed lol.

avgas
30th August 2008, 16:52
Exile the gubbermint - power to the people

carver
30th August 2008, 17:02
one of my friends gave him a good shove at a bar 20+ years ago, and called him "just another fucking nigger"

not the best term, but he aint a good chap

1 Free Man
1st September 2008, 21:32
one of my friends gave him a good shove at a bar 20+ years ago.....
Just a shove/ what a shame, a golden opertunity lost. He should have shoved his head up his arse!!!!