PDA

View Full Version : Equivelent models for GN250 regulator ?

BASS-TREBLE
27th August 2008, 22:05
My regulator is about to shit itself, Battery is at 11.8 V at the moment straight after a long ride.

I was wondering what bike models have the same regulator/rectifier or does it only matter how many cables?

Cheers
B-T

edit: Battery about 1 week old

hazard02
28th August 2008, 14:32
I was about to post a thread about this myself. The rectifier in my VFR has given up the goat and needs replacing. It seems to be VERY expensive to get a new one for a VFR/RVF, but there are some pretty cheap ones out there for other makes/models. As long as they were designed for 12V supplies and came from a bike with a similar capacity would it be ok to use one from another bike?

bungbung
28th August 2008, 14:38
You can use regulators from other bikes as long as they have the same type of charging system, are rated to a similar capacity and you are able to wire them in correctly.

For example, I used a GSXR1000 reg/rec to replace my VTR1000 unit.

BASS-TREBLE
28th August 2008, 15:46
New ones for the GN are $230+gst, so I might aswell get a new one

Patar
29th August 2008, 17:45
sounds like this winter has been hard on rectifiers, methinks mine is gone too =/

vagrant
4th September 2008, 18:58
I was about to post a thread about this myself. The rectifier in my VFR has given up the goat and needs replacing. It seems to be VERY expensive to get a new one for a VFR/RVF, but there are some pretty cheap ones out there for other makes/models. As long as they were designed for 12V supplies and came from a bike with a similar capacity would it be ok to use one from another bike?

Here's a X reference list for Honda's. Yours is an RR58, from this table, so that will give you a list of bikes that use the same part to hunt for at the wreckers.
http://www.motorcycle-parts.com.au/Honda_Road1.htm

vagrant
4th September 2008, 19:03
New ones for the GN are $230+gst, so I might aswell get a new one

And a X reference list for you as well,
http://www.motorcycle-parts.com.au/XRR10.jpg

davereid
4th September 2008, 19:04
Have a look at "The great KB regulator" thread. Some of the engineers on the site are going to design a universal RR to solve this problem.

But if you have a particular problem, pm me, or any of the engineers, and they may be able to help.

The #1 design, plus the rectifier described elsewhere is a $50 fix if all else fails.