PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer awareness

driftn
29th August 2008, 08:47
Ok folks here is how it is.

Firestone are running a promotion at the moment trying to get 10,000 pink valve caps on the road by the 1st of october. Caps cost $2 each and all money goes to the breast cancer foundation.

So come on open your wallet or empty you ash tray of all the change you have and get behind this.

Pop in and see me in Upper Hutt or your local Firestone store.

Cheers. Look forward to seeing you.

slimjim
29th August 2008, 09:15
now this i'll walk down too....... :sunny:

Duke girl
29th August 2008, 10:02
Well done Firestone for getting behind such a great cause. I sure will be buying some.:2thumbsup

Kickaha
9th September 2008, 18:35
Firestone are running a promotion at the moment trying to get 10,000 pink valve caps on the road by the 1st of october. Caps cost $2 each and all money goes to the breast cancer foundation.

The target of 10,000 has already been reached, the new target is 30,000 but they're in short supply

Oakie
9th September 2008, 19:32
Yeah, I'll be in for that. With a mother, a wife, 2 sisters, 2 daughters a grandaughter and 64 female work colleagues (one of whom is having surgery for aggressive breast cancer this week), why wouldn't I?

Trouser
9th September 2008, 19:49
Bugger breast cancer. Where are the brown (possibly blue) prostate cancer awareness ones?

Kickaha
9th September 2008, 20:28
There's a website set up with details of whats been sold and what money has been raised

http://www.pinkcapdrive.co.nz/

ynot slow
9th September 2008, 22:02
Bugger breast cancer. Where are the brown (possibly blue) prostate cancer awareness ones?

Ironic really,breast cancer rates have declined since early 90's,prostate has gone up in the time,yep as Mr Armstrong said cancer sux and chemo is the bastard.All you people with friends,family going through cancer,good thoughts to you.

driftn
10th September 2008, 07:31
There's a website set up with details of whats been sold and what money has been raised

http://www.pinkcapdrive.co.nz/

Cheers for putting that up I couldnt work out how to do it.

driftn
10th September 2008, 07:34
Getting 30,000 out there is going to be easy I reckon as I sold 160 of them in 4 days (sold out now). Even getting school kids comming in asking for them. This is going to be a huge success.

Thankss for your support

James Deuce
10th September 2008, 07:44
If they're plastic don't put them on your bike.

Car only.

driftn
10th September 2008, 07:47
If they're plastic don't put them on your bike.

Car only.

Why not? bikes use the same valves as cars any way just a slightly shorter stem plastic caps are fine. How ever they are annodized pink alloy.

James Deuce
10th September 2008, 07:50
I've seen too many non-OEM plastic valve caps disappear or act as valve extenders and deflate tyres at speed.

Alloy is good. That's a much better bet.

driftn
10th September 2008, 08:00
In the ten years of doing tyres have never heard of them deflaiting at speed due to a valve cap. Many do go MIA though

James Deuce
10th September 2008, 08:27
I've had two.

I'm a slow learner.

The cheap injected molded ones have a spur inside the cap which pushes on the valve slowly letting the air out.

slimjim
10th September 2008, 09:01
well the two that's on mine ... haven't let any air out..... must admit ..you made me check inside the caps..... lol