PDA

View Full Version : Mobile call at biker's funeral... from beyond the grave

Bob
21st January 2005, 06:34
A widow got an unexpected and unwanted shock when a mobile phone went off at her husband's funeral in Belgium ... from inside the coffin.

She said the undertaker had "made a spine-chilling and unforgiveable mistake".

Defending his actions, the undertaker said "I put his motorcycle jacket in the coffin with the body. It is what we always do at accident funerals as it is better if the family do not see the clothes".

He continued "I didn't realise the phone was still in the jacket. It must have been in a hidden pocket."

I think an apology and a thorough search of clothing might have been better than a series of rather limp excuses.

James Deuce
21st January 2005, 06:40
That would be hideous! It's the old "not my fault" brigade again. This is probably the reason why my small business failed, but if I'd done that, the internment part of the process would have been struck from the invoice as well.

Motu
21st January 2005, 07:01
If I can't find which damn pocket I hid my keys in...how can we blame the undertaker for missing a phone....um....I've left my phone in my jacket before and couldn't find too....

Pwalo
21st January 2005, 07:11
Funny story but I'm glad it wasn't one of my relatives. BUGGER.

curious george
21st January 2005, 07:12
Hopefully she will see the funny side of things soon!
BTW, did anybody answer it? Might have been important......

Blakamin
21st January 2005, 07:21
Bit rude to ring a bloke during his own funeral!!!

James Deuce
21st January 2005, 07:35
Bit rude to ring a bloke during his own funeral!!!
Yeah, someone obviously didn't know. Most likely a debt collector.

Funny how the black humour pops out, isn't it?

Lou Girardin
21st January 2005, 07:38
It would've been far spookier if someone got a call from his phone.

Holy Roller
21st January 2005, 07:40
If I can't find which damn pocket I hid my keys in...how can we blame the undertaker for missing a phone....um....I've left my phone in my jacket before and couldn't find too....
My daughter is always misplacing her phone and has to call it to see where she has placed it, the funniest was when it went off in her pocket gave her a real start. I guess she should have been a blond. :doh:

pete376403
21st January 2005, 07:45
Could have been worse - he could have answered it.

marty
21st January 2005, 09:34
Yeah, someone obviously didn't know. Most likely a debt collector.

Funny how the black humour pops out, isn't it?

and i thought that was only a cop thing...

toads
21st January 2005, 11:55
Could have been worse - he could have answered it.

lol, I thought exactly the same thing when I read this thread!

TonyB
21st January 2005, 14:00
Hell I thought it was going to say that he wasn't actually dead and HE MADE a call: "Yeh, hi honey- it's me. I seem to be locked inside a box or something..."

ajturbo
21st January 2005, 17:18
Hell I thought it was going to say that he wasn't actually dead and HE MADE a call: "Yeh, hi honey- it's me. I seem to be locked inside a box or something..."

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme