PDA

View Full Version : Icon Patrol gloves.

James Deuce
21st January 2005, 06:51
Bought some off Trademe and they arrived this morning. Very smart looking glove, welldesigned with no annoying seams at the end of the fingers to trim and break in. Comes with separate fleece liner gloves for when it's REALLY cold.

I'll post more when I've actually tried them.

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/store/graphics/large/iconpatrolglv.jpg

Quasievil
21st January 2005, 07:05
How much did they cost ??

James Deuce
21st January 2005, 07:07
$150, which Ithink is good value.

I reckon these are more you though:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10562/Black-Glove.jpg

Deano
21st January 2005, 07:10

Yeah how mucho ? Might have to get a pair to match my jacket. My Tecknic's have seen better days and I was told last night to replace gloves every 12 months. But that was by a bike shop sales shark :Pokey:

Holy Roller
21st January 2005, 07:34
Yeah how mucho ? Might have to get a pair to match my jacket. My Tecknic's have seen better days and I was told last night to replace gloves every 12 months. But that was by a bike shop sales shark :Pokey:
After a while that would leave one with a good selection of a second pair of gloves to choose from. After 25 yrs I've only had 3 pr of gloves but do need a new pair now though.

James Deuce
22nd January 2005, 15:35
Well these gloves are fantastic!

The rolled finger construction really works, with no horrible pressing of seams on one's digits. They are REALLY warm. So warm that they are too warm for a warm Summer's day, and that's without the inner gloves. They are the best cold weather gloves for feel I have ever owned. I would reccommend them to all you folks who won't buy thick padded gloves, because even with the fleece liners they are still less bulky than my Teknic Thunders.

There is a grip pad built into the palm that means you need no finger pressure at all to maintain good contact with the grips, relieving a considerable amount stress on the wrists.

I haven't tried them in the rain, though I suspect they will be warm rather than waterproff.

Really nicely put together gloves. 9/10 with 1 point deducted for no clever way to tuck the gauntlet drawstring away.

XTC
27th January 2005, 12:52
Reserve is $150.00 Buy now $149.00

Found them online. Close out special $55.00 USD ($78.00 NZ) freight probably $10 USD.

With our dollar pretty high at the moment it's a good idea to consider shopping overseas for small items like this.

James Deuce
27th January 2005, 13:29
Reserve is $150.00 Buy now $149.00

Found them online. Close out special $55.00 USD ($78.00 NZ) freight probably $10 USD.

With our dollar pretty high at the moment it's a good idea to consider shopping overseas for small items like this.
Yep saw those, and when I contacted them they didn't ship to NZ. Found a heap more sites selling them cheaper around the $70-80 USD mark, but they all want Credit Card details, which I refuse to use. No CC, no sale.

Coyote
27th January 2005, 13:31
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10562/Black-Glove.jpg
For those into bling

I want them :p Where can you get a pair of those?

Ms Piggy
27th January 2005, 14:15
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :niceone: I really love having removable linnings, it's so handy.

XTC
27th January 2005, 14:21
Yep saw those, and when I contacted them they didn't ship to NZ. Found a heap more sites selling them cheaper around the $70-80 USD mark, but they all want Credit Card details, which I refuse to use. No CC, no sale.

Why?? CC are good things if not abused.... :spudwhat:

Only problem for those who spend money they don't have....

TonyB
27th January 2005, 14:22
For those into bling
Stolen from the old 'Power Rangers' Wardrobe room?
So theres NO seams in the fingers? That would be good- they may actually be waterproof!

XTC
27th January 2005, 14:24
Stolen from the old 'Power Rangers' Wardrobe room?
So theres NO seams in the fingers? That would be good- they may actually be waterproof!

Still has seams in the fingers just not the sort that are sewn in an X pattern at the end.

Coyote
27th January 2005, 14:26
This style is pretty cool
http://202.21.128.4/photoserver/38/7091838_full.jpg