PDA

View Full Version : Stagecoach bus red light runner

kave
29th August 2008, 21:52
On tuesday just gone, it was a nice day and I decided to pop my helmet cam on to record my commute both to and from work. A few seconds after leaving work I was waiting at the lights, they turned green and I started forward. I noticed that a bus was approaching from my right at speed, and there was no way that it was stopping for the red light, so I stopped. I then raised my voice at the driver, then continued on my way.
Luckily, as I was wearing my helmet cam, I have video footage to share with you all via youtube. I assume stagecoach have a complaints department, so I might just send a link to the video to them.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7QGkmPY1_Q

raftn
29th August 2008, 21:59
Well caught on camera, and you were bloodly lucky! Wat a fucking pillick he was! Glad he missed you and hope Stagecoach view it.

Tank
29th August 2008, 22:03
On tuesday just gone, it was a nice day and I decided to pop my helmet cam on to record my commute both to and from work. A few seconds after leaving work I was waiting at the lights, they turned green and I started forward. I noticed that a bus was approaching from my right at speed, and there was no way that it was stopping for the red light, so I stopped. I then raised my voice at the driver, then continued on my way.
Luckily, as I was wearing my helmet cam, I have video footage to share with you all via youtube. I assume stagecoach have a complaints department, so I might just send a link to the video to them.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7QGkmPY1_Q

Well missed that man! That could have been nasty!.

I would ring Stagecoach and tell them the time / date. As well as that take the footage to the local police station and lay a formal complaint.

The next time he runs a red he could end up killing someone. Do what ever you can to get the bastard off the road.

Oh - email the Herald and their sideswipe column - who knows they may print something due to the novelty of the helmet cam catching it - and that may pressure stagecoach!

newby
29th August 2008, 22:05
Thats crazy! There was a thing not long ago on tv about red light runners, you should send it to TVNZ or something lol. Just maybe cut out the first 40 seconds though lol

geoffm
29th August 2008, 22:09
Wot he said above. Lay a complaint with teh cops - don't forget to say he was speeding, since that is the only crime the cops are concerned about.
Deffo the Sideswipes column - they have an email link. What about TV news as well, and the Herald general news department?
G

kave
29th August 2008, 22:13
I just noticed that everyone is assuming it was a he, I actally believe it was a woman driver of either maori or pacific island descent. I have sent a youtube link to the stagecoach complaints section, so I will see what action they take before I decide to take it further.

MyGSXF
29th August 2008, 22:17
:shit: SHIT!! go buy yourself a Lotto ticket!!! you is one lucky fella! :2thumbsup

Did I also see a pedestrian walking across the road..?? :confused: (they would have been on a green "walk" sign too! ) bloody lucky not to have been squashed side on too.. :eek5:

good footage.. DEF take it to the cops!!! :Police:

blairh
29th August 2008, 22:17
Busses are the absolute worst - had exactly the same thing happen to me here in Dunedin on Thursday...

CB ARGH
29th August 2008, 22:18
Had some dickhead in a Rav 4 do the same thing, except in my case I was three cars back waiting to turn. Far out man that is some scary shit, definately lay a formal complaint to the cops and the bus depot.

Griffin
29th August 2008, 23:21
They must of had a bad case of 'biggest gets right of way' going on... good on you for having your wits about you... can never take those green lights for granted!

Mikkel
29th August 2008, 23:52

I would ring Stagecoach and tell them the time / date. As well as that take the footage to the local police station and lay a formal complaint.

The next time he runs a red he could end up killing someone. Do what ever you can to get the bastard off the road.

Oh - email the Herald and their sideswipe column - who knows they may print something due to the novelty of the helmet cam catching it - and that may pressure stagecoach!

+1 and stop staring at the sky :p

I think the number on the side says 3 - hard to tell, but if line 3 goes through that intersection I'd be pretty sure.

Make sure to report the incident, and not just to stagecoach.

Might be worthwhile taking it off youtube for the time being - dunno if that could render the video invalid as evidence. (Those things are pretty tricky.)

barty5
30th August 2008, 08:36
LET ME GUESS WAS THAT ON ALBERT ST WHEN I WAS A COURIER FEW YEARS BACK THAT WOULD DO IT ALL THE TIME. tRAFFIC PILED UP AT THE LIGHT AND THET JUST PULL OUT OVER THE INTERSECTIONS AS THE LIGHT GO RED AND BLOCK ALL TRFFIC GOING ACROSS THEIR PATH BUNCH OF COMPLETE WANKERS JUST AS LONG AS THE IS NOT LATE THEY DONT CARE WHAT THEY DO.

hayd3n
30th August 2008, 09:11
fooking whales on the road

kave
30th August 2008, 09:19
LET ME GUESS WAS THAT ON ALBERT ST WHEN I WAS A COURIER FEW YEARS BACK THAT WOULD DO IT ALL THE TIME. tRAFFIC PILED UP AT THE LIGHT AND THET JUST PULL OUT OVER THE INTERSECTIONS AS THE LIGHT GO RED AND BLOCK ALL TRFFIC GOING ACROSS THEIR PATH BUNCH OF COMPLETE WANKERS JUST AS LONG AS THE IS NOT LATE THEY DONT CARE WHAT THEY DO.

It was on the corner of Commerce Street and Customs Street East, I was heading towards the wharves.

slimjim
30th August 2008, 09:27
luckly thing ....hind sight ..

R6_kid
30th August 2008, 09:54
Should have attacked the fucker with a hammer, im sure the cops would understand.

nadroj
30th August 2008, 10:04
I took a friends GN we have borrowed for no2 son to get his restricted for a warrant yesterday. On the way back a truck & trailer decided to run a red turning across our path at the end of a right turn only phase. As soon as I got a green I timed it to pass just behind the trailer to find a 'cuz' in his Commodore hard up the trailers arse. I aimed at the passenger who was freaking out then braked then swerved at the last minute. I hope she gave the driver an earfull!
As that wasn't enough, after I turned off the arterial onto a local street a van with 2 retired geezers in pulled out of a side street without even stopping or looking. I sat on the horn till I was level with then & they pulled over for an earbashing. If nothing else it made me feel better & something may have sunk in.
On retrospect, when I have been following my son several cars have pulled out in front of him, so I guess the GN is not very visible to peoples consciences as much as the Busa or ST.

Swoop
30th August 2008, 10:12
Busses are the absolute worst...
That makes me wonder where taxi drivers are on the list...:devil2:

Dino
30th August 2008, 10:20
Nice catching the video footage of the idiot, no excuses there. :angry2:

SlashWylde
30th August 2008, 10:20

Agreed. That's an appalling act of running a red light.

Mully
30th August 2008, 12:42
That makes me wonder where taxi drivers are on the list...:devil2:

Very close fucking second

EDIT. Just looked at the vid. Burn the last 10 odd seconds onto disc, send it to the Stagecoach Operations manager with a note saying you have also sent a copy to the cops.

Fucker.

musicman
30th August 2008, 16:48
I think Stagecoach doesn't exist anymore though, according to a NZ Herald article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10525685).

Auckland buses have been given a makeover to make them look more attractive.

The transition started after the sale of Stagecoach in December 2005 and it is hoped all buses will be painted and renamed by the middle of next year.

Indoo
30th August 2008, 16:57
Thats not running a red light, thats dangerous driving, the driver deliberately ran that light after it was well red and knowing that other people would be proceeding into her path on a green. Make sure if you can identify the driver that you do lay a complaint given that your the victim and that she is charged with that.

arj127
30th August 2008, 17:08
Standard issue for bus and taxi drivers. Be careful out there

geoffm
30th August 2008, 17:49
Saw a good one today (Saturday afternoon)
A Stagecoach bus ran a red light, causing the car in front of me (on green) who had started entering the intersection to brake heavily and narrowly avoided the bus, so it was not a minor infringement. The bus did not attempt to slow before entering the intersection.
Bus number 1694, colour white on the New Windsor run according to the sign on the side. The bus appeared to have passengers on board.
Occurred at Princes St/ Waterloo Quadrant intersection heading towards Victoria St from the Symonds St side.
I wrote down the numbers etc at the time, as it was the most blatant bit of red light running I have seen for a while. Fired off an email to Stagecoach and filled in a Roadwatch form. Might give them a shakeup.
Geoff

Kiwi Graham
30th August 2008, 20:52
Dob the bastard in. No questions. Show the cops the video. If he/she does that in a fucking great bus think what they do in a cage!!!!! Bikes are always in the front line for fuck wits like this, the more we can get off the road the better. :angry2: