PDA

View Full Version : Oh nooooo!

MentalFacility
30th August 2008, 19:11
God fucking damn it. :angry2:

Went on a ride today, and as i was showing of my under seat compartment where you can store a DVD or two, I didn't lock my seat cowl well enough. :shutup:

In about 10 minutes when I hit a speed of XXX the "not-so-well-locked" seat cowl flew in to oblivion. I just barely managed to see it fly through air in my back mirror. :bye:

Spent about an hour destroying and stomping some bushes around the landing area with my mate. NOTHING. NOT A FUCKING THING.

Wouldn't be a problem if that little bit of plastic wouldn't cost a fortune. :angry:

Spoiled my mood after a pretty good day of riding complete :crybaby:

Even if i find it, i don't think it survived the impact at that speed... :crybaby:

Only used it for one day (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

PS dont even ask how much it was, u'd never belive that some idiot like me would may that much for something like that...

TOTO
30th August 2008, 19:15
well how much was it ?

And what bike was it for ?

And how fast were you going ?

And where did you loose it ?

And and and and.....

Blackshear
30th August 2008, 19:17
well how much was it ?

And and and and.....
What an inconsiderate prick.

+1

hospitalfood
30th August 2008, 19:19
i hate it when bad stuff happens.

bummer.

MentalFacility
30th August 2008, 19:24
well how much was it ?

And and and and.....

Its for my bike. I'm not too proud of my driving offences, so I was going ... above the speed limit, lets keep it at that. And im gona go there again on monday. I hope I can find... something. :bye:

TOTO
30th August 2008, 19:29
Good Luck finding it.

Let us know how it survived.

Have seen other couwls that have been ok after a 100+ k impact so dont give up.

MentalFacility
30th August 2008, 19:32
Good Luck finding it.

Let us know how it survived.

Have seen other couwls that have been ok after a 100+ k impact so dont give up.

I really hope its ok. It was 100+++++ tho (((((

Mom
30th August 2008, 19:36
i hate it when bad stuff happens.

bummer.

2 point offense here but I dont care! How the hell are you??? Have not seen you posting in forever, Maha and me :blip: were up your way a week or so ago, reckon we spotted your house too!

AlBundy
30th August 2008, 21:08
You bought a Honda to start with... That would go some way to explaining spending that money on a seat cowl...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA....

Motig
30th August 2008, 22:51
Borrow another cowling and re enact the thing again. Have someone follow you at a distance to see where it comes off and yours will be right beside it. No, really....

Griffin
30th August 2008, 23:13
Next time you go there, look in the last place you were planning on looking... it will be there! Everytime I look for something I always find it in the last place I look.

Mikkel
30th August 2008, 23:24
well how much was it ?

All the relevant questions, except "Why do you post that on here?" (and I have to spread around as well :( )

That said, I hope you'll find it in a working condition :yes:

MentalFacility
30th August 2008, 23:45
All the relevant questions, except "Why do you post that on here?" (and I have to spread around as well :( )

That said, I hope you'll find it in a working condition :yes:

I posted it here so hopefully, next time someone gets a seat cowl, they lock it properly.

Mikkel
30th August 2008, 23:49
I posted it here so hopefully, next time someone gets a seat cowl, they lock it properly.

:niceone:

You deserve some green mate :yes:

Crazy Steve
31st August 2008, 00:03

Next time some gets one ? ? ?

Dude if you brought a real bike it would come with a seat Cowl standard ! ! !

Honda riders aye.......All idiots...:crazy:

Crazy Steve

MentalFacility
31st August 2008, 00:05
Next time some gets one ? ? ?

Dude if you brought a real bike it would come with a seat Cowl standard ! ! !

Honda riders aye.......All idiots...:crazy:

Crazy Steve

Cheeez, you still thinking bout honda riders all the time? Oh well, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Crazy Steve
31st August 2008, 00:08
Cheeez, you still thinking bout honda riders all the time? Oh well, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Nooooooooooo.

Crazy Steve..

KelvinAng
31st August 2008, 19:43
You can't beat the $75 genuine "Honda Hornet" sticker. That's $75 each.

MentalFacility
31st August 2008, 19:50
You can't beat the $75 genuine "Honda Hornet" sticker. That's $75 each.

I know. Thier pricing is MAD.

McJim
31st August 2008, 19:54
Pah! ypu're lucky. Someone totalled my bike this afternoon...but she's alright - just a few bruises (the rider) bike is definately F*cked though.

BiK3RChiK
31st August 2008, 20:14
My rear seat cowl has a strap attached to it with the other end bolted to the bike. I'm sure this could be done on other bikes. Mine came out of the factory like that. Best of luck finding it.

MentalFacility
31st August 2008, 20:16
Pah! ypu're lucky. Someone totalled my bike this afternoon...but she's alright - just a few bruises (the rider) bike is definately F*cked though.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Really sucks. If the rider already has a few bruises, you can add some more, and brake his legs as well. :bash: Just tell everyone else he got all that when he crashed.:shutup:

Still, I'm only realatively lucky when comparing to what happend to you.

MentalFacility
31st August 2008, 20:19
My rear seat cowl has a strap attached to it with the other end bolted to the bike. I'm sure this could be done on other bikes. Mine came out of the factory like that. Best of luck finding it.

I think my main mistake was that i was speeding. Even if it was locked improperly, it would still stay there unless the stupid side got a hold of me, which it did.
Also i dont think you can have thouse straps on these new cbrs, at least not yet.

Jerry74
31st August 2008, 20:20
Bugger !!!!!

=cJ=
31st August 2008, 20:41
Next time you go there, look in the last place you were planning on looking... it will be there! Everytime I look for something I always find it in the last place I look.

Well, of course it'll be the last place you look, you don't keep searching after you've found something do you? :done:

MentalFacility
31st August 2008, 20:44
Well, of course it'll be the last place you look, you don't keep searching after you've found something do you? :done:
Logic :clap:

BIGBOSSMAN
31st August 2008, 22:50
Damn, the same thing happened to me on a run out SH22 way to Raglan. Bloody thing, I rode back and forth for an hour trying to find it with no success.
Mick, you're best off buying one from the States than here - it'll probably be half-priced once it lands. My ZX10R seat cowl cost $79USD + shipping, and to buy it here would have set me back over 3 hundy.
Sickening though aint it??

MentalFacility
31st August 2008, 23:10
Damn, the same thing happened to me on a run out SH22 way to Raglan. Bloody thing, I rode back and forth for an hour trying to find it with no success.
Mick, you're best off buying one from the States than here - it'll probably be half-priced once it lands. My ZX10R seat cowl cost $79USD + shipping, and to buy it here would have set me back over 3 hundy.
Sickening though aint it??

Thats what everyone says. If you aint gonna find it, for the love of things dont by another OEM one.

So yeah, if i wount find it, i know of someone who can hook me up with a much cheaper one in the states.

Griffin
1st September 2008, 08:14

Geez mate - your quick off the mark arent ya...? :bleh: