PDA

View Full Version : Love gloves

Sensei
22nd January 2005, 09:34
Just seen another person riding with out Gloves today :Oi: How many peole on here don't ride with them on . Mate fly's round on his 04 CBR1000 with out gloves ,say's they dont let him feel the grip's properly ??? even worse when your skin is ground off ??
SENSEI

James Deuce
22nd January 2005, 09:40
Sensei, you are right. When he falls off and grinds away all the nerves in his fingers and palms, he won't be able to feel the grips.

Joni
22nd January 2005, 09:46
Yup there are certain things you just dont get on a bike without.... gloves being one of them! :yeah:

inlinefour
22nd January 2005, 09:54
Just seen another person riding with out Gloves today :Oi: How many peole on here don't ride with them on . Mate fly's round on his 04 CBR1000 with out gloves ,say's they dont let him feel the grip's properly ??? even worse when your skin is ground off ??
SENSEI

When I first saw the title I thought that you where referring to condoms :o
Now that I've taken a closer look I see that I was wrong. I clicked on the yes without looking thought all the options. The fact of the matter is that I will not ride without my: gloves, helmet and spyke jacket. However I should wear all the gear but it was so long ago, my last dose of road rash that is...

Riff Raff
22nd January 2005, 09:58
Once upon a time while riding I came across a rider down, and somehow our gloves got intermingled and he went off in the ambulance with 2 right gloves, and I had 2 left ones. Rode the 100km or so home without gloves and felt extremely vulnerable. Don't want to do that again.

sAsLEX
22nd January 2005, 10:21
wasn't it slight or some one who had his hand jammed under the bike and it ground up?? k14??
When ever I ride my rode bike I wear my Tecknic Violator gloves! some times dont on the xr when putting round the street but really should

Two Smoker
22nd January 2005, 10:25
Only ever wear FULL gear.... That includes 1 piece suit, gloves, boots, helmet, back protector and earplugs....

enigma51
22nd January 2005, 10:26
A few weekends ago I took a ride to the coromandel and saw a guy on a zx10 with full armor on but missing one thing the gloves HOW DUM IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
22nd January 2005, 10:30
I stopped wearing my tecknics because they were the winter ones and I always hit the horn with em, and my hands were hot as heck, so I only rode them on tours.

Until yesterday, now I wear them no matter what - in a crash your hands get munched up very very quick, and its bloody painfull, everyone WEAR GLOVES.

James Deuce
22nd January 2005, 10:34
I stopped wearing my tecknics because they were the winter ones and I always hit the horn with em, and my hands were hot as heck, so I only rode them on tours.

Until yesterday, now I wear them no matter what - in a crash your hands get munched up very very quick, and its bloody painfull, everyone WEAR GLOVES.

Get some good summer gloves dude. Nothing worse than being uncomfortable. Rjays and DriRider both do summer gloves with knuckle protection and leather palms and fingers, and a mesh backing that is tough as nails. The great thing about them is that they are less than $70 a pair.

John
22nd January 2005, 10:38
thanks for that, when I get mobile I'll go grab a pair.

Motu
22nd January 2005, 10:41
I have always worn gloves in 35 yrs riding...but only thin gloves,I can't stand thick padded gloves,I'll have frozen hands rather than wear them.A lot of the Expert A Grade trials riders don't wear gloves,control is ultra important to them - but then they are so skilled that they never get into a situation where they would need them....me,I've smashed my knuckles into enough trees that I always have gloves on for trials.

enigma51
22nd January 2005, 11:53
I have always worn gloves in 35 yrs riding...but only thin gloves,I can't stand thick padded gloves,I'll have frozen hands rather than wear them.A lot of the Expert A Grade trials riders don't wear gloves,control is ultra important to them - but then they are so skilled that they never get into a situation where they would need them....me,I've smashed my knuckles into enough trees that I always have gloves on for trials.

This might sound a bit gay but buy some heated grips people reconkon they work :sunny:

Racey Rider
22nd January 2005, 12:35
Normally always wear gloves.
I'll always remember one time I didn't.

Was working on my RGV250, and needed a test ride round the block.
So as it was only going to be a very slow test ride, (mid summer), hopped on wearing jandles/shorts/Tshirt/helmit.
No I didn't come off. (Maybe worse than that). Halfway round the block I go past four other bikers parked on the road side. Of course, they are in Full leathers - the whole kit! Looking at me riding this sporty RGV, think'n "What a idiot!"
Made me feel like a right Idiot too! :Oops:

It was just a slow test ride round the block Guys!! :o

NordieBoy
22nd January 2005, 14:26
I'm after some Acerbis Motard gloves.
MX gloves but made from leather.

http://www.acerbis.com/p103_gloves/images/04/200/630905.jpg

pritch
22nd January 2005, 15:23
I guess the compromises come between feel, protection, and ease of use.
Haven't yet found a pair of winter gloves I will use because of the lack of feel.

I recently saw a new pair of lightish BMW gloves that looked to offer good feel. Might visit Henry next time I'm in Auckland. I don't think anyone will notice BMW gloves on a Honda :-)

Lord Pac
22nd January 2005, 16:29
Misleading title! :D

Thought you were talking about something else!

The Preacher
22nd January 2005, 16:46
Around town and short trips in the summer I wear leather mitts, long trips full gloves.
But then again I haven't had a tree jump out in front me yet. :ride:

Coyote
22nd January 2005, 17:10
I like my gloves. They're better than brass knuckles

Motu
22nd January 2005, 17:15
I'm after some Acerbis Motard gloves.
MX gloves but made from leather.

http://www.acerbis.com/p103_gloves/images/04/200/630905.jpg

I like! Let me know how you get on...price etc.
I had some blue leather Yoko MX gloves many years ago,I used them for everything - the leather didn't wear out but the knuckle protection rotted.I'd like some leather dirt gloves again.

loosebruce
22nd January 2005, 17:15
Ride without gloves :shit: not that i want to see, but i would've been interested in the outcome of my hands without a set of race gloves on, i mean two broken hands are bad, with no gloves, fark that.