PDA

View Full Version : Pack your umbrellas away - yeah right!

musicman
5th September 2008, 10:59
In the New Zealand Herald yesterday.

Smile - it's safe to leave your brolly behind (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10530507)

Pack your umbrellas and gumboots away, it looks like the miserablewinter weather is finally over with settled and drier conditions ahead.

Yeah, right... seems to me like it's raining right now. :bash:

Big Dave
5th September 2008, 11:13
Currently persisting down.

Didn't I read 72% error rate on here somewhere.

Seriously - if it says it will be a wet weekend on the met site it's great news - only 28% chance of rain.

Big Dave
5th September 2008, 11:16
From my photogs perspective - Does the wetness of the winter indicate a verdant spring upcoming?

Gremlin
5th September 2008, 12:24
From my photogs perspective - Does the wetness of the winter indicate a verdant spring upcoming?
huh? you mean, is the rain going to piss orf, and the sun come out to play?

Yes... its getting better. :clap:

Pwalo
5th September 2008, 12:58
It's all Al Gore's fault.

Big Dave
5th September 2008, 13:01
huh? you mean, is the rain going to piss orf, and the sun come out to play?

Yes... its getting better. :clap:

Nah - I meant will there typically be heaps of wildflowers and the pongas really turn it on?

In Aus a wet winter usually means bad bushfires in summer.

Big Dave
5th September 2008, 13:01
It's all Al Gore's fault.

Yin for the internet's yang

3L4NS1R
5th September 2008, 15:10
Nah - I meant will there typically be heaps of wildflowers and the pongas really turn it on?

In Aus a wet winter usually means bad bushfires in summer.

Like NZ has that much structure in it's weather? From what I've gleened in my short time on earth/NZ, what happens in winter stays in winter, doesn't really signal certain weather for later seasons.

As a wise person once told me... NZ doesn't have climate, it just has weather.

But yes, once the swamps dry up a bit there should be verdancy aplenty (see what I did there? :cool:) But in the mean time, waterfalls should be running near full capacity at the moment.. some good chances for photography there.

fire eyes
5th September 2008, 15:41
Almost raining here! Cloudy, slightly windy .. bit cold ... but in Hawera this is considered a great day! Either way it doesn't matter .. its Spring! Although I would like to see that big yellow thing in the sky a bit more often!