PDA

View Full Version : Taumarunui meeting Labour weekend

SHELRACING
6th September 2008, 21:59
Unfortunately a number of keen race goers will miss the up coming Taumarunui race meeting held by the Pacific Motorcycle Club. This is due to a clash of dates with the Auckland points series.

Such was the dissapointment that the Mt Wellington riders are running a race meeting on Labour weekend At the Taumarunui track. Racing on Sunday - Possibly a practice day Saturday (to be confirmed).

We do not wish to interfere with or compromise the already advertised meeting at Taumarunui on 11th/12th October.

If anyone is interested you are welcome to come racing at the Labour weekend meet. This will be a permitted event so licenses will be required. Day licenses can be purchased if needed.

More info will be posted as the details are finalised.

F5 Dave
8th September 2008, 14:17
So you are holding a meeting 2 weeks after the last 11/12th Oct meeting? Sorry will be a bit travelled out. + labour day clashes with the Wellington meeting. Pity we need some aucklanders to race.

SHELRACING
9th September 2008, 16:52
So you are holding a meeting 2 weeks after the last 11/12th Oct meeting? Sorry will be a bit travelled out. + labour day clashes with the Wellington meeting. Pity we need some aucklanders to race.

Yep It seems unfortunate that a number of meetings in October clash. That's the way it goes I suppose.

Never mind we can all thrash it out at Taupo Christmas. Sounds like most who ride buckets will be there....

SHELRACING
27th September 2008, 22:42
Here's an update on the meeting.

Practice day on Saturday 25th October
9.00am start - finish....whenever

Racing on Sunday- 3 trophys are up for grabs- courtesy of John Connor.
9.00am start.

Pricing is still yet to be decided. Will post here as soon as I find out.

SHELRACING
16th October 2008, 20:23
It's all go for the meeting and more trophys have been added.

Breakfast on Saturday morning is at our place. Bacon, ( no we have'nt killed the pigs yet) eggs, hashbrowns and toast.

Lunch/Dinner not sure which one yet, will be a BBQ at the track.

Racing will be on rain or shine.
Taumarunui is a great track even in the rain and with slicks on.

Other clubs and riders are most welcome.
Day licences will be available.

Think we might cruise down for a practice run this weekend. Takes us about 2 min to get there :whistle:

Buckets4Me
17th October 2008, 06:06
see ya friday for dinner :jerry:

SHELRACING
20th October 2008, 20:15
Yep sweet, what are you bringing? :woohoo: McDonalds, KFC, Wendy's?
We dont have those down here.:crybaby:

Nah just kidding. Dont miss the junk food bars at all.

We had a great ride down at the track on Sunday afternoon.
You should have been here.:yes: Took us all of 3mins to get there!

Buckets4Me
21st October 2008, 18:02
Probably leave early saturday or late friday night and get there saturday around 9-10ish ????

4 hours driving ????

SHELRACING
22nd October 2008, 21:44
Probably leave early saturday or late friday night and get there saturday around 9-10ish ????

4 hours driving ????

Yeah 4hrs should do it plus the kiddie stops along the way.

Mrs Busa Pete
23rd October 2008, 05:42
Not going to be able to make this one need to use the time to get the second rider ready for the 2 hour. Plus we couldn't get any one to look after the dogs and there where no dog friendly motels down there.
Good luck Ride hard ride fast see you at the 2 hour

Buckets4Me
24th October 2008, 21:19
the weather looks bad who is going ????

will probably get there late saturday
as the weather should get better sunday
or so the weatherman say's

cant be bothered taking 4 boys down if it's wet all day
I might never be invited back

Pumba
24th October 2008, 21:21
Yea I will still be draging my arse down there, wont make it to after lunch and may not make it to practise at all, but I will be there:msn-wink:

Buckets4Me
24th October 2008, 21:28
got some spare room in the car ????
my bike is already on the way

Pumba
24th October 2008, 21:33
got some spare room in the car ????
my bike is already on the way

I have got a space cab, so I will have one spear seat, maybe two (the seats in the back will no doubt be keeping my riding gear, change of cloths, and tools nice and dry)

Buckets4Me
25th October 2008, 07:02
think I will risk the drive with wife and kids in tow :confused: