PDA

View Full Version : First real ride today.

gismo
7th September 2008, 20:02
Well after weeks of practing my starting and stopping and turns.... i went for a decent blast on my bike. And god did it feel great :Punk:

I felt so comfortable on my wee 250 cruzing, it felt like i had been riding her for years. It was only about a 20min return trip but its the first ride ive been on since i brought the bike 3 months ago. Slack i hear you saying but im only learning and i wanted my confidence before tackling the cold/wet days.
But anyway i felt really good when i got home and my confidence is 100% more than it was yesterday. :niceone: I dont think ive stopped grinning yet.

I dont know if you guys remember your first decent blast but it would be awesome to hear about it if ya do. Share away!!

jtzzr
7th September 2008, 20:08
:niceone::niceone: Awesome to hear Gismo , sorry I can`t remember my 1st ride it was just too long ago.

BiK3RChiK
7th September 2008, 20:18
That's awesome! I remember my first ride about 7 months ago... there's lots of learning to do. Just remember to be safe out there and look out for EVERYONE:niceone:

3L4NS1R
8th September 2008, 16:23
hmmm. my first ride started with an over-eager tug on the throttle sending me straight into the fence... have been hooked ever since.

portokiwi
8th September 2008, 16:28
:wari: way to go girl. :wari: at least you are out there.
I am praying to the sun god for nice weather mid week so I can get out.

slofox
8th September 2008, 17:02
Hmmmmm - a friend's Thunderbird.....in Auckland...in lotsa traffic..and I had never ridden EVER before........He was lucky I didn't total his bike......and I was lucky I didn't total myself.....

First bike I ever owned...bought from some shady dude, proceeded to ride it home....clutch cable broke about fifty metres from his house.....swapped to a mate's bike while he rode my new purchase sans clutch....primary chain case packed with grease not oil, prehistoric suspension on rear wheel not working, back brake locked up every time you touched it..etc etc etc...so many things wrong with that bike, but it RAN despite everything.......and was still going years later....

Oakie
8th September 2008, 19:56
Congrats on your first ride. You didn't fall off so it was a good'un regardless of how long it was. (Say after me "size doesn't matter')
I do remember my first ride. Must have been early April 1978. 10 mile round trip (that's 16 km in new money) from Oamaru to Kakanui and back one evening on the old Kawasaki 100. Scared and excited all at the same time.
Hmm. Interesting. 'Scared and excited' 31 years later has become 'wary and having fun'. I hope it happens the same way for you too.

Bend-it
9th September 2008, 08:58
Good on ya gismo! Stay within your abilities and progress at your own pace.

My first with was on a TCWNR here in Welly! Just picked up the 250 bandit from Waikanae, rode it back to Wellington and straight out for the TCWNR, through Blue Mountains Rd, through Whitemans Valley, up the Takas and back... Sure held up traffic at a few places there!

But as usual, all the KBer's were great! This was about 3 years ago...

gismo
9th September 2008, 17:23
Scared and excited all at the same time.

I so totally know what you are saying and yer i felt the same... was scared i was going to make a mistake and lose it and excited that i was actually riding my bike.

Oh and by the way..... im still grinning :D

And thanks all for the rep you guys have been giving me... cant wait to get my licence and get out on the road and learn my little heart off :clap: