PDA

View Full Version : CBR250R exhaust modification?

jimmy281085@hotmail.
8th September 2008, 19:41
well i have a cbr250R and i wana change the muffla with out doing to much mod...... could any one help me on how change it......
i wana make it so when i go 4 warrent i can screw the standard one back on as thy are changn the DB next year

littlegixxer
18th September 2008, 17:51
im in the same boat man, want to fit a can to my gsxr250,
wats with the decibel change?

klyong82
19th September 2008, 13:22
What I did with my MC19 was cut the exhaust from the mid-pipe throw it away and attached a muffler with a new mid pipe from a CBR250 MC22. Debaffle the pipe which made it loud but still passed WOF without any issues. You will only hear it really loud once you reach 5-6000rpm. Trying to look for a photo of it but must be in the old PC at home. Job was done by Ricky but he is in another coutry now. Cost all up $250 for a shiny second hand pipe.

The Pastor
19th September 2008, 17:04
if it is two loud you can try to make a baffle that you can just stuff down the pipe for wof times, chicken wire basket filled with fiberglass or something similar.

karbonblack
19th September 2008, 18:52
GPR have a very simple device the make a loud pipe quiet enough at WOF times. It's sort of like an ice-cream cone with holes in it. You just slip it in where the muffler bolts up to the header or joiner pipe. Very effective.