PDA

View Full Version : HELP... PLEASE.. CBR 600 F/FS 02plate WONT START AT ALL..... NO SOUND CHECK

phazixc
9th September 2008, 06:18
Hi im new here.

the problem is that when i put my key in the ignition and turn it on, the bike normally does some sort of engine check and makes a little noise. some times when i go to do this, the light comes on and all, the revs counter goes up and then down like it should, but it doesnt make the noise and will not start.... could any1 help me out... thanks

James Deuce
9th September 2008, 06:59
Have you checked the basic stuff?

1. Fuses.
2. Battery. If the battery has no fluid in it, then there is a small possibility your regulator/rectifier has died and boiled the battery instead of charging it. Otherwise it just needs replacing. They don't last forever.
3. Wiring connectors.

notme
9th September 2008, 07:44
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=81495

Kepp it all in one thread dude....makes it a more valuble resource for someone else in future with a similar problem....:wari:

enigma51
9th September 2008, 07:51
The noise your refering to is the petrol pump etc so start with the fuses they might not blown but just loose then move on to the terminals etc.

BRV
9th September 2008, 18:50
Yeah check your fuses first cause they are easy to check, the battery terminals. Also water or moisture may have entered your ignition barrel