PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy race tyres

Hoon
5th September 2003, 13:32
I might have to fork out for a new set of slicks soon and was wondering where are the best and cheapest places for getting quality rubber in 110/70-17 and 160/60-17.

I'm still undecided on what brand to get but it'll probably come down to whatever is available/cheapest out of KR364 dunlops, Bridgestone BT-090's or Pirelli Super Corsa's.

Also those tyre dudes at race meets, do they do pretty good deals?

Coldkiwi
5th September 2003, 16:36
dude, I have no idea about slick prices, other than the dragon super corsa (cut slick till 1" from the edges) Mt eden put on my front wheel is WICKED in terms of stickiness and confidence as well as heating up quickly! Not sure about their full racing super corsa slick tho. (so thats probably very little help to you.. i just wanted to say I love my pirellis!) :done:

Lee Rusty
5th September 2003, 19:08
for slicks try Rowes Tyres - the tyre shop that is behind the BP service Station on Rosebank Rd Avondale. It shares the driveway with the BP and when you go in it is right in front of you.

Racey Rider
5th September 2003, 21:54
We should get together and buy all our race tyres in one go to get a better price. If we can say to the shop, We'll buy a dozen tyres off you if you give us a good discount, surely we should get a better deal.

Dave
8th September 2003, 09:14
www.rbimports.com.au (http://www.rbimports.com.au)
These guys would probably be a good place to try.
and yes, it will probably save you money to buy more at once.
(shared freight costs)

Coldkiwi
8th September 2003, 13:08
thanks to lee and dave for saving this thread from my ramblings. Ain't it great to have helpful people round?

Lee Rusty
8th September 2003, 17:44
yep it is - thank you - and that makes 60

Coldkiwi
8th September 2003, 17:58
hehe, at least you admit to counting them Lee! (to be honest, i've lost track and know i have no chance of upping my average posts per day without seriously wasting some work time cause i've been on here so long!)

wkid_one
8th September 2003, 18:18
speaking of posts - 700+

Lee Rusty
8th September 2003, 18:30
I wasnt really counting them - I just noticed it was on 59 -
I really think it is a rather silly system

But when it was explained to me I did notice it seems to work in 30's or there about .