PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed live, freaken awesome!

deanohit
10th September 2008, 03:50
Disturbed Live:
Man that was awesome, it is currently 3:35am here.
My ears are ringing,, I've lost my voice, I'm tired from driving and on a buzz!

We left at 3pm, picked up Livvy from Hamilton, and headed for Auckland and arrived with perfect timing to get in line for the 7:15pm start.

Alterbridge didn't really fire up the crowd and P.O.D sort of got them going.
But Disturbed, boy do those guys know how to put on a show.

The lead singer came onto stage on a gurney in a straight jacket and hannibal mask. :eek:
Me and Livvy were right up front, in the mosh pit where it was craziest. :rockon:
Totally awesome, those guys played for well over an hour! :Punk:

And to top the night off, I got a drum stick, although I had to fend off about 4 other guys for it, then catch Livvy as she was knocked over.
Livvy with the proof: :bleh:
http://file044b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/09/09/15/6297016984a8844067291l.jpg

So who else was there?

tri boy
10th September 2008, 07:10
Kanny will be soooooo jealous.
Me, I'll stick with Perry Como, and pipe n slippers.:rolleyes:
Make sure you tell the Volty rider all about it WHEN you two catch up again.

Livvy
10th September 2008, 08:51
That was friggin' amazing, but I think you mean Redline didn't do much to start the show? Alter Bridge was good in my opinion.

And I love that photo. Hahahaha.

Just wait til I play my Mum some Disturbed, she'll wonder how I managed to stay in one piece... Good thing I told her after the concert and not before eh? :innocent:

deanohit
10th September 2008, 08:55
That was friggin' amazing, but I think you mean Redline didn't do much to start the show? Alter Bridge was good in my opinion

Yes, alter Bridge were all good, but they didn't really get the crowd pumped.

Just wait til I play my Mum some Disturbed, she'll wonder how I managed to stay in one piece... Good thing I told her after the concert and not before eh? :innocent:
Jeez, wonder who led you astray, you didn't tell her it was me did ya? :Oops:

Livvy
10th September 2008, 09:13
They did their best! I liked them.

I can lead myself astray without any help thank you Deano! It's just you were offering me a free ticket. :bleh:

Trumpess
10th September 2008, 09:19
Sounds like you had a totally awesome time Livvy!
Nothing quiet like an excellent concert to blow the cobb webbs out!
Then the high afterwards is just as wired!

Livvy
10th September 2008, 09:26
Sounds like you had a totally awesome time Livvy!
Nothing quiet like an excellent concert to blow the cobb webbs out!
Then the high afterwards is just as wired!
Fucking eh.

Did I mention I have an exam today that I totally didn't study for?

:shutup:

3L4NS1R
10th September 2008, 09:31
that was one awesome concert... however the sound tech should be fired. or at least be shot. not only technical issues with redline, but with POD as well?

Still. Disturbed = awesome. and so jealous of the drumstick! I was about 3 meters away from where one of them landed. :doh:

deanohit
10th September 2008, 09:35
that was one awesome concert... however the sound tech should be fired. or at least be shot. not only technical issues with redline, but with POD as well?
Yea I know, the happy birthday song was awesome though aye! :laugh:

Still. Disturbed = awesome. and so jealous of the drumstick! I was about 3 meters away from where one of them landed. :doh:
Bummer, we were just off to the left of center stage. :headbang:

Livvy
10th September 2008, 09:40

Might not be the sound tech's fault though mate, could'a been a mouse in the wires... But what do I care... We were close enough so that we could still hear alright. I was right in front of the speakers for Disturbed, that felt good, and my hearing is already back to normal. :first:

3L4NS1R
10th September 2008, 09:44
Should've been mouse proofed then! Technical glitches are technicians mistakes... and yeap! Still sounded awesome, and if nothing else, just made Disturbed that little bit awesomer.

My hearings still recovering.. Too bad if a customer wants to talk on the phone...

deanohit
10th September 2008, 09:47
My hearings still recovering.. Too bad if a customer wants to talk on the phone...
Damn youth aye?
My mum rang not long back, couldn't hear her or talk to her. :laugh:

3L4NS1R
10th September 2008, 09:58
Best song of the night?

deanohit
10th September 2008, 09:59
Down With The Sickness, always my favorite

Livvy
10th September 2008, 10:01
Down With The Sickness, always my favorite
A-fuckin'-men. I was getting worried they wouldn't play it!

MIXONE
10th September 2008, 10:23
You lucky buggers.My mates are going to the Chchur show this weekend.:argh:

3L4NS1R
10th September 2008, 10:26
agreed. knew it was coming. had to be. no way would they walk off the stage without doing that one.

Livvy
10th September 2008, 10:39
agreed. knew it was coming. had to be. no way would they walk off the stage without doing that one.
Well that was my thought, but I've never seen Disturbed live before so I didn't know if they would. I've been to other shows where they didn't play one or two of their most famous songs, just because they were trying to advertise newer stuff. But, in the end, it was all good. :D

Aww, Mix, why can't you go?

MIXONE
10th September 2008, 10:45
Livvy
Bike needs front tyre and wallet is empty.:crybaby:

3L4NS1R
10th September 2008, 10:50
Yea, its happened a few times, but Disturbed respects their audience far too much to let that one go... It was the first disturbed song a lot of us heard.

Interesting about that album top of the charts thing aye? Makes it kinda mandatory for them to come to NZ on any of their tours.

Livvy
10th September 2008, 11:05
Livvy
Bike needs front tyre and wallet is empty.:crybaby:

Awww :hug:

Yea, its happened a few times, but Disturbed respects their audience far too much to let that one go... It was the first disturbed song a lot of us heard.

Interesting about that album top of the charts thing aye? Makes it kinda mandatory for them to come to NZ on any of their tours.

Well I ain't complaining. Bring 'em back!

3L4NS1R
10th September 2008, 11:12
hell yea. anyone going to slipknot in sept?

The Pastor
10th September 2008, 12:14
Bloodly devil worship! Yuck!

deanohit
10th September 2008, 18:49
Jeez, was no one else there?

mark247
10th September 2008, 19:21
Quartermile and Bungy and Tom went.

spookytooth
11th September 2008, 20:46
Jeez, was no one else there?

Yep was there just got home. Disturbed rocked i wouldnt care if i never heard of the other bands again tho :)

deanohit
11th September 2008, 20:49
Yep was there just got home. Disturbed rocked i wouldnt care if i never heard of the other bands again tho :)

Hell yea, where were you there? :rockon:

spookytooth
11th September 2008, 20:57
being a old barstards we were up in the seats front row clostest to stage

deanohit
11th September 2008, 21:05
being a old barstards we were up in the seats front row clostest to stage

Even still, it would have been cool up there? All the oldies :wari: :shutup:

spookytooth
11th September 2008, 21:13
yep first bit of head banging i done in a while :)Got talking to the police outside the lady copper wa a kb member too

deanohit
11th September 2008, 21:25
yep first bit of head banging i done in a while :)Got talking to the police outside the lady copper wa a kb member too

Haha, really? :laugh:

We got away straight afterwards due to the long drive home.

centercore
11th September 2008, 21:50
I went on Tuesday and to the one back in 2005. The '05 one was awesome but they really outdid themselves. Glad they played alot of their older stuff.

hell yea. anyone going to slipknot in sept?

I'm going mainly for Machine Head but it will be interesting to see Slipknot. Heard they're nuts live.

sAsLEX
11th September 2008, 21:56
So who else was there?

I was annoyingly not as I was Duty.

A couple of shipmates however met up with POD in Brisbane whilst we were there last week and managed to get free backstage passes!

They looked like they enjoyed themselves from the state they arrived at work the next day!

Badger8
11th September 2008, 23:30
*mutter grumble* friggin double shifts *garble complain*
was most miffed i couldnt make it. My flattie took much joy in telling me how awesome it was... til i punched him in the gut... he didnt think it was so funny after that... :laugh:

spookytooth
12th September 2008, 09:43
http://www.stuff.co.nz/731033a28571.html
a few pics for them that couldn't make it

ital916
12th September 2008, 09:45
It was awesome! And i almost hooked myself a hot looking groupoie girl haha, sloppy thirtieths it wouldve been though :crazy:. That concert was sick as, I still can't move my head aorund due to a sore neck from head banging haha. I was up the front then I got thrown aorund a bit by some big fullas, punched and headbutted, kneed in the groin too haha. Ended up in some circle of death that started, got thrown around till i found a less chaotic spot. It was freaking awesome.

Lias
12th September 2008, 09:56
I wanted to go, but given my bikes in teh shop and the bill is gonna be gigantic, I couldnt :-(

deanohit
12th September 2008, 10:07
It was awesome! And i almost hooked myself a hot looking groupoie girl haha, sloppy thirtieths it wouldve been though :crazy:. That concert was sick as, I still can't move my head aorund due to a sore neck from head banging haha. I was up the front then I got thrown aorund a bit by some big fullas, punched and headbutted, kneed in the groin too haha. Ended up in some circle of death that started, got thrown around till i found a less chaotic spot. It was freaking awesome.

Hahahaha, sounds awesome!!!! :2thumbsup

Littleman
12th September 2008, 21:20

God I bet she was sexy.

Waylander
12th September 2008, 21:27
Sigh*

I'll just have to crank the stereo up as load as it goes tomorrow and put my head between the speakers.

Is Inside the fire as insane to listen to live as it is on CD?
Hands down my favorite song off the new album.

deanohit
14th September 2008, 14:36
Sigh*

I'll just have to crank the stereo up as load as it goes tomorrow and put my head between the speakers.

Did you miss out bro?

Shame, as the whole lot was way way waaaaaay more awesome than ever listening to it on a CD. :rockon:

Livvy
14th September 2008, 23:22
Sigh*

Is that why we didn't see ya?

It was friggin amazing. :] Buuuut I'll have to stick oldschool. Down With The Sickness was still the best in my honest opinion, probably because it's just so popular, but if that makes me uneducated in Disturbed, I'll gladly admit it.