PDA

View Full Version : Reputation points -could someone explain

FROSTY
23rd January 2005, 21:05
Im trying to figure out how this rep points thing works now.
It seems that some folks have got huge rep all of a sudden.
How did that happen ?

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 21:07
i had an explanation thing the other day on here but i still didnt understand it and i dont remember where it was, so im kinda wondering the same thing

jrandom
23rd January 2005, 21:13
There was a big flurry of people giving each other point after point, and threads on the subject, etc, that raised general awareness.

Baksheesh was given, back-handers were received, quiet chats were had via MSN, the occasional mildly suggestive PM was sent.

Unfortunately you were otherwise occupied at the time, trying not to slide sideways off cliffs, hiring maids to pick up your coffee cups for you, shopping for walking frames, etc...

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 21:14
heres another question: with more average post per day than blakaman why am i not on the most active members list?

FROSTY
23rd January 2005, 21:21
There was a big flurry of people giving each other point after point, and threads on the subject, etc, that raised general awareness.

Baksheesh was given, back-handers were received, quiet chats were had via MSN, the occasional mildly suggestive PM was sent.

Unfortunately you were otherwise occupied at the time, trying not to slide sideways off cliffs, hiring maids to pick up your coffee cups for you, shopping for walking frames, etc...
I missed all that stuff hu--bugger slow rider and slow on the uptake.
ok what about blatent stuff like

GIVE ME POSITIVE REPUTATION POINTS -I WANT REPUTATION POINTS :killingme :killingme :killingme

StoneChucker
23rd January 2005, 21:24

On the topic of MSN. I don't know why, but I think my days of "MSN'ing" are over. It probably stems from the fountains of crap you get from people on the net(Not KB, the net in general). I at one time put alot of effort into online friends, and was hurt quite badly once, and haven't bothered since. I find places like this (KB) much more rewarding. I suppose I could get back into it, but only with people on here... :first:

Now, let me dust off the MSN icon, and fire this baby up to see who's online...

StoneChucker
23rd January 2005, 21:26
I missed all that stuff hu--bugger slow rider and slow on the uptake.
ok what about blatent stuff like

GIVE ME POSITIVE REPUTATION POINTS -I WANT REPUTATION POINTS :killingme :killingme :killingme
It doesn't work like that...
You gotta scratch my back first hahaahah

FROSTY
23rd January 2005, 21:27
OHH I already had a zimmer frame dude.
shoulda been lurkin here instead of fixin my body up lol

SPORK
23rd January 2005, 21:28
Oh, add me! Add me! I'm usually on :sly:

Firefight
23rd January 2005, 21:35

Ok done.

F/F :eek5:

Paul in NZ
23rd January 2005, 21:38
Suddenly having any rep seems - well a bit silly?

FROSTY
23rd January 2005, 21:41
On the topic of MSN. I don't know why, but I think my days of "MSN'ing" are over. It probably stems from the fountains of crap you get from people on the net(Not KB, the net in general). I at one time put alot of effort into online friends, and was hurt quite badly once, and haven't bothered since. I find places like this (KB) much more rewarding. I suppose I could get back into it, but only with people on here... :first:

Now, let me dust off the MSN icon, and fire this baby up to see who's online...
I was thinking about that today. Ya know It constantly amazes me how many good freinds there are in this biking community.
I think we are insulated a lot from the shite that normally happens in net communities

FROSTY
23rd January 2005, 21:46
guys i was kidding. I think I earned every point I got so far

Posh Tourer :P
23rd January 2005, 22:01
Not any more.....

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 22:02
DAMN i got jipped :brick:

Storm
23rd January 2005, 22:53
Oh well, have one on me frosty :spudbooge

Storm
23rd January 2005, 22:54
Dont be shy to send some back you multiple green boxer you :cool:

Racey Rider
24th January 2005, 06:20
I find,, one just has to write something sarcastic about Hitchers big red "Thing",
( :Oops: Hope that doesn't come across wrong),
and he gives you 10 points in one go!! :spudbooge

Sniper
24th January 2005, 06:24
I find,, one just has to write something sarcastic about Hitchers big red "Thing",
( :Oops: Hope that doesn't come across wrong),
and he gives you 10 points in one go!! :spudbooge

XJ, its because some people are liked more or they are paying more money for rep than others. A while back someone posted a thread on an "underground" races thingymabop so this is an "underground" rep collection

The mind boggles :wacko:

11 RR, not 10.

Ms Piggy
24th January 2005, 07:35
The other thing is that the more rep points or more senior member you are the more rep points you give for a single + rep.

Skunk
24th January 2005, 10:34
I like to see someone likes my posts, but I'm not into this 'I'll pay you for them' shit. :2guns:

Some people must be in a bad way to need that kind of ego boosting :spudbooge

I love this guy --> :killingme :laugh:

NC
24th January 2005, 10:37
Gift certificates.... :killingme

scumdog
24th January 2005, 10:51
XJ, its because some people are liked more or they are paying more money for rep than others. A while back someone posted a thread on an "underground" races thingymabop so this is an "underground" rep collection

The mind boggles :wacko:

11 RR, not 10.

Pay for rep points? It's like "buying" popularity, if you're an arsehole then all the popularity buying won't change THAT fact!!

And you would have to be suffering an inferiority complex (or playing games) to need to 'pay' for your rep points.

Sniper
24th January 2005, 11:00
And you would have to be suffering an inferiority complex (or playing games) to need to 'pay' for your rep points.

Who me, I dont have an inferiority complex, Im just weird.

I dont have enough money to buy rep points, I think people just give them to me because they are kind, generous sorts :first:

Just like you SD, you are a kind generous sort arnt you?? Hint hint :shifty: :)

SPORK
24th January 2005, 11:06
I just give out as many rep points as I feel like, usually dispensing about 10 in 20 minutes.

At least that way you get into people's good books, and (hopefully) they give me some back ;)

Yes... You people know who you are! :P

NC
24th January 2005, 11:11
I just give out as many rep points as I feel like, usually dispensing about 10 in 20 minutes.

At least that way you get into people's good books, and (hopefully) they give me some back ;)

Yes... You people know who you are! :P
Oh you're a sweety...

Sniper
24th January 2005, 11:16
Oh you're a sweety...

CH, looks like you made a friend :Punk:

NC
24th January 2005, 11:21
CH, looks like you made a friend :Punk:
Your my fwiend too :hug:

Skunk
24th January 2005, 11:38
Your my fwiend too :hug:Watch it guys - she's on the prowl :killingme:

SPORK
24th January 2005, 11:39
Score! Now let's have some of that TripleGreenBocks Lovin'!

:D

NC
24th January 2005, 11:43
Watch it guys - she's on the prowl :killingme:
:shit: I'm not that slutty

Wellyman
24th January 2005, 11:44
Everybody on here thinks i suck. somebody gave me a bad rating on one thread and i don't know who you are but i think your evil!

NC
24th January 2005, 11:45
Everybody on here thinks i suck. somebody gave me a bad rating on one thread and i don't know who you are but i think your evil!
:weep: That's so sad

Coyote
24th January 2005, 11:46
Don't worry, you'll find out

Like Cryhavoc did :lol:

Jamezo
24th January 2005, 12:34
man, I'm pretty tight with the ol' points, less than one a day. if you get one from me, it means something, unlike certain promiscuous brethren of mine...

Sniper
24th January 2005, 12:59
Everybody on here thinks i suck.

Dont say suck around her. You will wake her up, noooooooo :doctor:

Skunk
24th January 2005, 13:07
:shit: I'm not that sluttyOh. OK then. Stand easy men. :)

Sniper
24th January 2005, 13:29
Oh. OK then. Stand easy men. :)

Are we easy?? :shit:

Skunk
24th January 2005, 14:19
Are we easy?? :shit:Well, I'm not gonna make it hard for them! :)

Skunk
24th January 2005, 14:20
Well, I'm not gonna make it hard for them! :):killingme I said hard

Sniper
24th January 2005, 14:24
:killingme I said hard

Hehe, you used the words "hard" and "Easy" in the same thread, with NC30 about, hehe,.

:laugh: :laugh:

Sniper
24th January 2005, 14:25
Well, I'm not gonna make it hard for them! :)

You are just acting desparate hehehe :wavey: :wavey:

Skunk
24th January 2005, 14:44
You are just acting desparate hehehe :wavey: :wavey:I must be...

I'm married! :laugh:

NC
24th January 2005, 14:46
Hehe, you used the words "hard" and "Easy" in the same thread, with NC30 about, hehe,.

:laugh: :laugh:
:weep: :weep: :weep:

Sniper
24th January 2005, 14:48
:weep: :weep: :weep:

Sorry NC, its nothing against you. I just thought you would get excited and welll......... :love: :laugh:

NC
24th January 2005, 14:50
Sorry NC, its nothing against you. I just thought you would get excited and welll......... :love: :laugh:
Everyone will think I'm a Easy root or hard leaf, or something

Sniper
24th January 2005, 14:51
Everyone will think I'm a Easy root or hard leaf, or something

Never.

Everyone loves you and I can imagine many people coming after me for hurting your feelings so Im sorry.

NC30_Chick---> :kick: <---Sniper

NC
24th January 2005, 14:53
Never.

Everyone loves you and I can imagine many people coming after me for hurting your feelings so Im sorry.

NC30_Chick---> :kick: <---Sniper
Narh your sweet as dude. Plus I wouldn't kick you in the nuts :devil2:

Sniper
24th January 2005, 14:56
Narh your sweet as dude. Plus I wouldn't kick you in the nuts :devil2:

I can imagine many people who would. Why dont you jump on the band wagon, kick me and blame it on someone else??

Motoracer
24th January 2005, 14:57
Narh your sweet as dude. Plus I would lick you in the nuts :devil2:

Get a room you too.

NC
24th January 2005, 14:58
Get a room you too.
Awww you can join in too :killingme

NC
24th January 2005, 14:59
I can imagine many people who would. Why dont you jump on the band wagon, kick me and blame it on someone else??
Cause I'm a friggen lady, and ladies don't do that shit.

;)

Sniper
24th January 2005, 15:11
Get a room you too.

Hey Im getting attention from a girl and can I complain with bein licked in the nuts?

Skunk
24th January 2005, 15:28
Cause I'm a friggen lady :killingme

El Dopa
24th January 2005, 19:20
.................................................. ..............

El Dopa
24th January 2005, 19:20

Sorry mate. Just tried it, and apparently I must 'spread my reputation around', before 'giving it' to Frosty.

Soooooo, who's going to get lucky tonight?