PDA

View Full Version : ProTwin riders aware of new tyre rule??

Tony.OK
10th September 2008, 21:41
Hey guys, was browsing the MNZ site and noted this (http://www.mnz.co.nz/newsDetail.aspx?SectionID=29&ArticleID=28506) on the article page.
Hopefully you already know and this isn't a repost.

PRO TWIN PERIOD OF GRACE ON TYRES

10th September 2008

It has come to my attention that there are some riders that have purchased 190 rear tyres for the Pro Twin Class. At the commissioners meeting at the end of May 2008 the rules were amended to allow only the standard size tyres which is 160.
However notification about the rule changes to all riders was not published until some time later. Given this situation a period of grace is offered to those riders to use those 190 tyres for club meetings until the 1st of January 2009 when the new on tyre sizes rule will apply.

All other rules passed for this class will stand from the May 2008 commissioners meeting.

Road race Commissioner
Paul Stewart

johnsv650
11th September 2008, 11:37
how do they change the rules,
when rule changes take over a year to bring in,
seems like they change them monthly to keep people going to there website to see if theres any rule changes..........
change the rules once a year and leave then till the next year.
they change the rules, back down change rules again.........
whats next

Grub
11th September 2008, 11:49
As I understand it, there was a lot of uncertainty around the rules and that it was the riders who asked for some rules to be made clearer and more precise - and to do it with some urgency.

Seems like they're doomed if they do and doomed if they don't

oyster
11th September 2008, 14:52
Firstly, let's be sure not to bag Paul Stewart, or Commissioner. He's a top person, does a great job and works hard for road racing. He is also a polite, professional and dignified person, attributes I've found missing elsewhere amongst the MNZ management (my experience/opinion)

The MNZ site states how rules should be changed. Basically proposed changes go to the AGM for discussion (these changes didn't, I was there),
then to the May commissioners/board meeting for approval. May gives plenty of time to notify the members of changes prior to July 1st, the date for changeover. Is this case, the changes were advised Aug 12th to selected MNZ people, and much later on the web site.
I know of someone who built 3 pro twins between Aug 1st and July 12th, now looking at expensive changes to comply with the "new" rules. That's not fair!

So good on Paul Stewart for at least getting a compromise in place.

But MNZ need to acknowledge they broke their own policies on this matter.
As they did last year with Streetstock, causing a LOT of problems which still exist today

johnsv650
11th September 2008, 23:00
as i see it,
there was a protest, the tyre size was upheld as a 195 meaning legal, then sometime later, they changed the rule to say 160 is the only tyre size to be used, overriding the protest decision.
now they say its okay to run a 180-195 till janruary 1st, overriding what tyre manufacturer of the tyre says is correct fitment.......
was this pasted at the agm,
or by one person or the full board,
what was it voted on.........
mnz set strick new rule proceedure and do they follow there own rules?????
at nationals lap timers weren't allowed, now they are.........

one set of rules for all..............next rule change after agm-commissioners meeting - notified at correct time, and all racers happy.......
pauls a hard working person who i respect but lets all work within the same set of rules.........yearly

gav
12th September 2008, 18:57
Be nice if they could finally send out new rules book that many have already paid for!!!!! :Oi:

Shaun
13th September 2008, 08:30
Be nice if they could finally send out new rules book that many have already paid for!!!!! :Oi:

All it would Take is an email to the office dude

gav
14th September 2008, 01:19
All it would Take is an email to the office dude

I have, dude ...... :done:

This was 21 August, still havent arrived ....... :no:
The plan was to have them back from the printers to send out for the end of July. We haven’t received the new ones yet and it could be 3 or so weeks away yet. However we will be posting them as soon as they have been printed. Thanks for your patience.

Shaun
14th September 2008, 10:27
I have, dude ...... :done:

This was 21 August, still havent arrived ....... :no:
The plan was to have them back from the printers to send out for the end of July. We haven’t received the new ones yet and it could be 3 or so weeks away yet. However we will be posting them as soon as they have been printed. Thanks for your patience.

O well, guess time is standing still then