PDA

View Full Version : Biker says “I’d rather go to jail than name a fellow Angel”

Bob
12th September 2008, 00:28
A biker has stated he would rather be jailed that give the name of a fellow Hell’s Angel in a court case.

Neil Lake was attacked at ASDA petrol station in Cardiff Bay by a bike riding a Harley-Davidson. Mr Lake – who needed three metal plates inserted into his right cheekbone – wrote the registration number of the bike in the dust on the boot of his car as the attacker rode off.

South Wales police traced the bike to Sean Timmons of Wolverhampton. But Timmons says it was a fellow Hell’s Angel – but refuses to name them.

Timmons said at Cardiff Crown Court “It’s against Hell’s Angels’ rules. I would never blab on a brother and if that means being in contempt of this court and being jailed then so be it. I’ve been a member for 10 years – the rules of Hell’s Angels take precedence.”

Timmons added “One of the brothers was running around with my reg number on his bike and when he told me I went nuts. If the CCTV evidence wasn’t as useless as it is you would see it wasn’t me. I know I’m in a serious position but I’d rather go to jail than tell you his name”.

Jurors were shown CCTV footage in which Mr Lake is seen lying on the ground.

Timmons denies wounding Mr Lake with intent. The court case proceeds.

Gremlin
12th September 2008, 05:43
...by a bike riding a Harley-Davidson.
fascinating... do tell more? :blink:

Bikernereid
12th September 2008, 05:59
Bloody idiot gets bikes (bikers) a bad name!!

Bob
12th September 2008, 06:28
fascinating... do tell more? :blink:

Sorry about that - it was a pils of the figners...<_<

FJRider
12th September 2008, 06:38
Hells Angels would get much better press, if they rode Honda's... :chase:

Bikernereid
12th September 2008, 06:39
Hells Angels would get much better press, if they rode Honda's... :chase:

Why cos gay men are so soft and gentle?

FJRider
12th September 2008, 06:47
That too...

slimjim
12th September 2008, 08:18
Why cos gay men are so soft and gentle?

O DEAR...:woohoo: hahaha ... honda's :blink: and Hell Angles...:sweatdrop

yes don't have to be a hell angle to know some club rule...

:scooter: Honda :blink::blink:

The Lone Rider
12th September 2008, 20:01
Well there's something to think about -

"I would never tell you a brothers name so that he may fall"

but that very brother.. if what is said is true... is letting a brother take the fall for him.

Watch my back while I watch mine to :no:

Jerry74
12th September 2008, 20:08
Good on him, the Hells Angels are well known for their code of silence and protecting and looking after the own by their own ways and rules.

Sonny Barger and the Angels have got the right idea.

:eek:

Bob
12th September 2008, 23:11
Good on him, the Hells Angels are well known for their code of silence and protecting and looking after the own by their own ways and rules.

Sonny Barger and the Angels have got the right idea.

:eek:

As The Lone Rider says

"Well there's something to think about -

"I would never tell you a brothers name so that he may fall"

but that very brother.. if what is said is true... is letting a brother take the fall for him.

Watch my back while I watch mine to"

Hardly abiding by the "look after your brothers" code, is it?

"I will never grass on one of my mates... but I will incriminate another one by stealing his registration, hitting someone so hard they need three metal plates inserting in their face and then riding off, allowing my brothers stolen registration to be displayed and get him a custodial sentence".

Yeah, right. Great code of honour that, eh :bash:

So the rules and code of conduct that the other 99% of society don't count, because the 'club' I am with have other rules? So is it OK if I form a club, with the rest of KB, that is the 'Steal from Jerry74 Club' - and we all come round and steal your bike, furniture, clothes and everything else... and then we all deny doing it "As our code and rules say so"?

This is how anarchy (not true anarchy, which is an absence of rules as everyone abides by a common code of decency, but anarchy in the sense of no law) begins...

slimjim
13th September 2008, 14:32
Bob.. it is the very code that they live by..and yes there are those in the said club will die up holding the club rule..
they police by the pres via sargent of arms.. so yes i would up hold their right

Bob
15th September 2008, 00:51
Bob.. it is the very code that they live by..and yes there are those in the said club will die up holding the club rule..
they police by the pres via sargent of arms.. so yes i would up hold their right

This could go on forever... clearly diametrically opposed viewpoints. So I will close from my side by reiterating what I said:

"I will never grass on one of my mates... but I will incriminate another one by stealing his registration, hitting someone so hard they need three metal plates inserting in their face and then riding off, allowing my brothers stolen registration to be displayed and get him a custodial sentence."

Not grassing on your mate? I can see that (although if your mate struck someone hard enough that they needed a metal plate inserted in their face, I'd say there are grounds for 'grassing them up'). But if these brothers are so tight, then why was one of them using another one's registration number, without his permission?

A code of honour is a code of honour. If you choose to adide by it, then you abide by it (which is, in essence, purist anarchy - no need for rules, as people co-exist by an honourable code)... not just the bits you like.

And in this case, one is protecting another... while the other did what he did in the clear knowledge his mate would protect him.

Curiosity call; do you agree with organisations like The Masons, who also have "never rat on a brother" codes as well? And that one person will get chances never given to another, even though that other is clearly the better/more deserving person?

Personally, I am uncomfortable with groups claiming that they can do this or that, because 'their rules say so'... even if those rules go against what the other 99% of society says. I am all for individuality (if we were all the same, life would be awfully boring), but there has to be a point where the line is drawn... and to me, people choosing their own laws is it.

icekiwi
22nd September 2008, 23:06
How longs the custodial sentence going to be? Anywhere as long as the time the true offender would of got..if not it should be,
Good on the guy for not dobbing his mate though, A real mate wouldn't let another mate go down for him....
IMHO

Bob
28th September 2008, 07:00
How longs the custodial sentence going to be? Anywhere as long as the time the true offender would of got..if not it should be,
Good on the guy for not dobbing his mate though, A real mate wouldn't let another mate go down for him....
IMHO

(I know I said I wouldn't say any more on this but...)

A real mate wouldn't copy his mates' numberplate, go to a petrol station and smash someone in the face so hard he needed plates inserted in his face, safe in the knowledge his mate would be the one going to prison either.

I just don't get the support being put forward. There seems to be a view that these guys are some kind of modern-day knights of the road. But I'm fairly confident the code of chivalry didn't include smashing people in the face and cracking their skull because you didn't like the look of them, then letting Sir Gawaine take punishment because you decked your horse out in his livery!

(I really am going to shut up now, I really am...)

NordieBoy
29th September 2008, 07:55
+1 :2thumbsup

Blossom
29th September 2008, 08:21
ok.. so just a thought here..
Maybe the reason he wont dob has something to do with the payback if he did?
or his position in the gang?

I am not condoning or condeming it but I have seen what happens when a brother narks on a brother and I can understand why prison would seem a better option.

Just a thought.

ManDownUnder
29th September 2008, 08:24
I have no problems with it at all.... if the dude want's to go to prison for protecting another - that's entirely his choice. If he believes it'll help that brother - again - his choice.

The judge however might see it differently. The guy protecting the other is doing so to pervert the course of justice, in contempt of court... whatever the appropriate charge(s) are, and the dude benefitting from the ongoing anonymity... if caught... will be treated more severely by the judge as well - letting another guy take the fall for him.

It is a high stakes game they're playing - but it's their call. If they lose - they'll lose doubly (but no doubt emerge as martyrs..)

fstfzr
1st October 2008, 20:59
Have to say I would tend to agree with BOB how does Sean Timmons feel about the fact that sure he is prepared to up hold the angels code of conduct but his m8 will not do the same by allowing him to take the fall!seems like a rather one sided deal to me?

Laava
12th October 2008, 20:33
More likely, it was him that did the bashing and it is just a pathetic excuse in the hope that he will get away with it.

Laava
24th October 2008, 18:25
and now it seems Liam Reid is trying the same thing. What a cunt. He will pay the price.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10539303

skidMark
24th October 2008, 18:27
That too...

Apart from the other reason that they want to take you home and stick thier cock in your arse.