PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750J '88 ignitor question

munterk6
13th September 2008, 22:49
I have a GSXR750J ('88) which I converted to a 711 status (for the uninitiated a 750 rolling chassis with a 1100 engine fitted) 5 years ago.;)
This is where it gets tricky, when fitting the signal generator wiring of the 1100(has 2 pick-ups) to the original 750 loom I had to reconfigure the wires in the connector plug that goes into the ignitor (also known as the black box). Why? because I used the 1100 ignitor which is different than the 750 ignitor due to the 750 signal generator having only one pick-up, not two as in the 1100 signal gen.:yes:
Confused???? yeah, I was too at the time but I sorted it and it worked....5 years ago it was.. and now I'm fitting the 750 engine back in to sell the ol' girl.
My problem is this, I can not remember the original configuration of the 4 wires in the connector plug. Being a complete dumbass I neglected to draw a diagram at the time:crybaby:
Does anyone out there have a J model 750?:sweatdrop
If so, can you have a look at the 4pin connector plug in the ignitor box and tell me the configuration of the 4 wires,
Black/white stripe
Orange/white stripe
Black/yellow stripe
White
Yes, I have a wiring diagram in my Haynes Manual, but it doesn't show the connector in a 3dimensional view.:pinch: