PDA

View Full Version : Fs: Cbx 250 rs

C_A
14th September 2008, 13:52
CBX is a RFVC engined 250 in white. have a spare tank, rear section, some fork bits and a new set of tyres on rims, and some misc bits and pieces. needs a chain as the one on it's run out of adjustment (read: buggered) speedo stopped working on the last trip to palmy from wellington. Probably jsut a cable.. odometer reads 13~k. spent a few years in a lock up as I understand it.
I bought it off a dude that dropped it. I chucked another set of forks on it , mainly beacuse they were leaky and she's fine, and some new tyres.
could get another wof sweet as.
Ideally wants some time spent on the carbs and maybe a new battery. Goes flat after a few days. never bothered me as i jsut push start it (easy) if it didn't start for me.

The carb issue stems partially, I believe, form rubber tipped needles and float valves. teh idle mixture is impossible to get even close to correct so sometimes it idles and others....
Also now and then when you get onto the second carb it loses all power. I
believe it's something to do with the float valve again. It started doing this in wellington and i pulled the carbs to bits to check for dirt etc. Everything was fine until the ride yesterday.... weird.
carfax shows it as having a 26k reading on the odometer in 2002 when it re re-vinned. Quite weird but given it was still on the original tyres and chain when I bought it, (heaps of tread on both tyres they were jsut cracking up and hard as) I believe it to be a correct reading. take what you will though.
Engine uses a tiny bit of oil but pretty good for a 22year old aircooler.
All the usual bumps and scrapes as expected plus a couple of dents in the tank as shown. purely cosmetic though.
Would make a great first bike or commuter. I've ridden it between palmerston north and wellington a few times, and commuted for about 6 months on it. Sitting in the old man's shed is jsut a waste of a good bike so i figure I should sell her. Planning on upgrading once I sell this and my RG.

Jerry74
14th September 2008, 22:43
OMG I haven't seen one of these for about 10 years.

I used to own one too.

Good luck with your sale.

C_A
17th September 2008, 00:07
yeah they're a nice wee bike.

am negotiable on price by the way....

jsut found the key to my rg too so if it's light when I get home tomrrow I'll pull it from shed and chuck some pics and an and up

C_A
28th October 2008, 06:11
bump
10char etc