2)Heyden

3) Lorrenso

lostinflyz
15th September 2008, 07:52
are they gonna declare it or what.

great ride by hayden either way

Duke girl
15th September 2008, 07:57
I didnt see the race where did Stoner finish or didnt he again?.

Cajun
15th September 2008, 07:59

4th at moment

unsure if race will restart due to rain

Duke girl
15th September 2008, 08:03
Ok, Thanks for that.

Shaun
15th September 2008, 08:10

Yep, all done!

1. Rossi
2. Hayden
3. Lorenzo
4. Stoner
5. Dovizioso
6. Spies
7. Guintoli
8. Pedrosa
9. Vermeulen
10. de Angelis
11. West
12. Elias
13. de Puniet
14. Hopkins
15. Edwards

Okey Dokey
15th September 2008, 08:16
Excellent! Thanks for posting this result. Nothing on National radio this morning, as per usual.

Duke girl
15th September 2008, 08:20
Good on Hayden for finishing 2nd with the injury he is caring and nice to see him back on the podium again. Just wish Stoner was up there also. Thanks Shaun for posting the results up.

Swoop
15th September 2008, 08:20
Nothing on National radio this morning, as per usual.
Great for Rossi.

Typical of NZ. Unless there is a pointy ball being thrown around, there will be bugger all on the media.:mad:

Cajun
15th September 2008, 08:23
Honda's Nick Hayden took over the lead of the first Indy GP shortly after it started but as the race went on he looked to be experiencing tire issues and Rossi made his way past. The race was red-flagged on twenty for indeterminate reasons although part of the facility did lose power and high winds hit the facility--tearing part of the Yamaha retail display tent apart.

There still seems to be some conflict about the race being stopped and there seems to be data suggesting that if the race can be re-started it has to be. Race direction says the track is not raceable, something that seems to be in dispute with the 250 riders who have yet to race.

As this is written Rossi and Hayden are climbing the stairs to the podium area. <-- http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Sep/080914g4.htm

update of this the 250cc race been canceled as well.

So end of the day.

Pwalo
15th September 2008, 08:28
Yep, all done!

1. Rossi
2. Hayden
3. Lorenzo
4. Stoner
5. Dovizioso
6. Spies
7. Guintoli
8. Pedrosa
9. Vermeulen
10. de Angelis
11. West
12. Elias
13. de Puniet
14. Hopkins
15. Edwards

So I take it that Rossi is now the champion for 2008? He must be over 100 points ahead of Stoner, and I think that there is only 4 races left.

Shaun
15th September 2008, 08:30
Great for Rossi.

Typical of NZ. Unless there is a pointy ball being thrown around, there will be bugger all on the media.:mad:

It has only really just finished

Cajun
15th September 2008, 08:30
So I take it that Rossi is now the champion for 2008? He must be over 100 points ahead of Stoner, and I think that there is only 4 races left.

Provisional Championship Point Standings (After 14 of 18 races):

1. Rossi, 287 points
2. Stoner, 200
3. Pedrosa, 193
4. Lorenzo, 156
5. Dovizioso, 129
6. Vermeulen, 117
7. Edwards, 109
8. Hayden, 104
9. Nakano, 87
10. TIE, Elias/Capirossi, 86
------

Pwalo
15th September 2008, 08:35
Provisional Championship Point Standings (After 14 of 18 races):

1. Rossi, 287 points
2. Stoner, 200
3. Pedrosa, 193
4. Lorenzo, 156
5. Dovizioso, 129
6. Vermeulen, 117
7. Edwards, 109
8. Hayden, 104
9. Nakano, 87
10. TIE, Elias/Capirossi, 86
------

Oops, I forgot Stoner managed to stay on the bike!!!

roogazza
15th September 2008, 08:39

Stoner who ?

Rossi :banana::banana::banana: Gaz.

R6_kid
15th September 2008, 13:02

I think if he wins it next time (Motegi), and Stoner isn't within 75 points after that race then Rossi will be the 2008 Champion.

svr
15th September 2008, 17:45

The yanks probably put the flag out to stop Hayden going backwards!
It's the '84 Olympics all over again...

gav
15th September 2008, 20:10
Kinda strange that everyone was saying it was too dangerous to continue, yet not one rider had crashed out? They were standing around in pit lane with the sun shining!

k14
15th September 2008, 20:17
Kinda strange that everyone was saying it was too dangerous to continue, yet not one rider had crashed out? They were standing around in pit lane with the sun shining!
Thats exactly I was thinking, they also were moaning about the circuit being "like ice" and even randy de crasher managed to keep his bike shiny side up!!

lostinflyz
15th September 2008, 20:50

you could always use the inverse logic and all the racers decided it wasn't worth pushing in the conditions. def. could be a valid point for that looking at most guys lap times which were vvvveeeerrryyy slow.

gav
15th September 2008, 21:40
Yeah, I think they did the right thing, seeing the air fence being blown up and exposing the concrete wall wasn't a good look. But they actually broke their own rules, as it was declared a a wet race, they couldn't stop it because of the rain, and if they did they were required to do a restart. Remember no combined times either, would've been a 6 lap mad dash that would count as the full result. Good to see common sense prevail, though.
So how about that Ben Spies? Can't believe Carlos Checa could be considered for a MotoGP ride and Spies could miss out? :(

k14
16th September 2008, 05:57
Yeah, I think they did the right thing, seeing the air fence being blown up and exposing the concrete wall wasn't a good look. But they actually broke their own rules, as it was declared a a wet race, they couldn't stop it because of the rain, and if they did they were required to do a restart. Remember no combined times either, would've been a 6 lap mad dash that would count as the full result. Good to see common sense prevail, though.
So how about that Ben Spies? Can't believe Carlos Checa could be considered for a MotoGP ride and Spies could miss out? :(
They didn't stop it because it rained, they stopped it because of a on track hazard (no different to a rider lying injured/bike on the track). Are you sure the rules say that they have to finish the race no matter how many laps are left? The other classes have the 2/3rds race distance and they had completed that. I would be surprised that if a rider crashed with 2 laps to go and they had to stop the race because of it they would restart for a 2 lap kamakazie run.

roogazza
16th September 2008, 08:53
Thats exactly I was thinking, they also were moaning about the circuit being "like ice" and even randy de crasher managed to keep his bike shiny side up!!

ha ha 'Randy de crasher' ! Commentators were saying how the old bits of the track were real grippy and the newer, like racing on lino !!!
That would of been a bit hairy . I was thinking it wasn't as well organised as per the yanks usually ?? But I guess conditions cocked things up a bit? Gaz.

pritch
16th September 2008, 10:41
They didn't stop it because it rained, they stopped it because of a on track hazard (no different to a rider lying injured/bike on the track).

There was rubbish blowing across the track, you could see it. With that and the damage to the wall I don't think they stopped it too soon. Bearing in mind that at points on the track the riders were heading toward the wall.
Apparently a standard problem where you have an infield track joining a speed bowl.

Every rider in that race deserves a pat on the back.