PDA

View Full Version : AUCKLAND BUCKETS 20th and 21st September

Pumba
15th September 2008, 12:36
AUCKLAND BUCKETS 16th and 17th AUG
Auckland Mt Wellington Kart Track - Morrin Rd.

Saturday 20th Practice day -
we do share track time with Motards, Scooters and minimoto's.

Sunday 21st Points racing. Buckets, Scooters and Motards only.
MNZ licences are required.
Day licences are available.

8.30 am sign on for both days.
Approx 4.30pm finish.

We ride, rain or shine, come one, come all:banana:

boostin
15th September 2008, 15:55
Looking forward to this, get to test out the new 17's and slicks.

See you on Sunday.

Pumba
15th September 2008, 16:35
And the best bit,

We might have a dry meeting, well that is what the weather map says at the moment anyway:laugh:

Buckets4Me
15th September 2008, 18:45
haha I will be there
but not with my NEW Bike lol
see ya all on sunday
:2thumbsup

piston broke
15th September 2008, 19:04
i'll be comming down for another looksie.
first look last month,can't wait till i can score a bike,anyone wanna buy a blokart.
buckets4me,was it you that had a cb125 for sale?
lookin forward to it,a month has been a long wait.

Buckets4Me
15th September 2008, 20:20
yep it was I

will try and drag it down but havent got a trailer i can use at the moment :argh:

it's a good bike to learn on
and it's cheap

piston broke
15th September 2008, 20:36
cool,
don't drag it down for me,gotta sell the blokart,or get a bit more work in before i can get into racing.
cheers.c u sunday

Rick 52
16th September 2008, 19:14
Fantastic A dry race .

I carn't wait to have a wobble round

see you all Sunday Is it clock wise or anti

Pumba
16th September 2008, 19:20
Pretty sure we are running clockwise. (that reminds me must change the number board to the other side of the bike)

speedpro
16th September 2008, 19:33
Pretty sure we are running clockwise. (that reminds me must change the number board to the other side of the bike)

I thought about going with only one rear number board, but then I thought "What the hell, it's only another 14.5 grams" so I have two.

Pumba
16th September 2008, 19:44
I thought about going with only one rear number board, but then I thought "What the hell, it's only another 14.5 grams" so I have two.

Yea, well, I could make another one, but I ran out of duck tape last meeting and lets face it the chance of me getting any more before the weekend is realitvly slim:rolleyes:

SHELRACING
16th September 2008, 20:14
Yes we are going clockwise this meeting.
Maybe I can get a ride this weekend! Granma (sorry Cully it should be BONES aye!LOL) has only had a ride at Taumarunui for the last two months. Cant wait for a meet at Mt Welly.

It is very important to make sure your numbers are clear and big.
They need to be seen from up in the birds nest and if there are five riders all together, it makes it really difficult to call out the numbers for Wendy. She needs to write them down and it makes it really hard to read and call them if they are too small or not there at all.

Buckets4Me
16th September 2008, 22:09
on that note i need some more numbers lol

see ya there Bones
what bike have you got

boostin
18th September 2008, 18:07
Sunday still looks good!

SHELRACING
18th September 2008, 21:13
see ya there Bones
what bike have you got[/QUOTE]

I would so love to say the FXR/Loncin.

:( but it is the little Honda 100 for a bit longer yet.

I will try to get a bit of a ride on Sat on the Loncin, if da Boss will let me. :rolleyes:

Pumba
21st September 2008, 20:15
Well what a great days racing, except for my need to have a bit of a lie down in the first points race:doh:, could not have asked for better weather

Mrs Busa Pete
22nd September 2008, 08:10
What a great weekend the fxr was easyer to ride than the ysr not that i have given up on the ysr i will try it again when the new chamber is fited odds are its a diferent beast with a power band .Having riden the busa half way to the track as a staging point for the wedding later i was pumped up from the not so leagl ride i couldent wait to get out there it took some geeting use to the not on the road ride thing i found my self siting behind pepole in stead of pushing for the pass .
On saturday i got a bit caryed away on new tyres and had a moment sliding across the track [i think pumba pushed me off:whistle:] went dack to the pits with a snaped clutch leaver mount pumba had a spear that i could use when trying to remove the broken one i hade to straighten the clipon first so out came the sledge hamer gave it 3 or 4 wacks then mised the bar luckely my head was there to stop the hamer :Oops:and they were conserned i might hit the ute the rest of the day was good of to treads to get some new clutch leaver sets then to the busa and of to the weding.

Sunday morning we got home at 12 .30am got some sleep then of to the track stoping at the supermarket for food had a good days racing by the end of it i had lost the road riding mentalaty only trouble was we ran out of races .Came home with a list of things to look at to improve the stock fxr150 for next time see you there:2thumbsup

Pumba
24th September 2008, 21:08
Well points are out already (http://www.amcc.co.nz/results_bucket/0809ABUC.html), looks like I manged to salveage somthing out of the weekend

Quasievil
24th September 2008, 21:15
no Motard points ?

Anone got some pictures so I can see what kinda track it is etc

Pumba
24th September 2008, 21:25
Not to sure how the Motard stuff works, but I pulled these photos of the Kart club website. The Motards run the oval.

Quasievil
24th September 2008, 21:29
Not to sure how the Motard stuff works, but I pulled these photos of the Kart club website. The Motards run the oval.

Actually I got some good footage of racing on You Tube, looks great so Im so in next time.......is there a next time ?? if so when ?

Pumba
24th September 2008, 21:38
Actually I got some good footage of racing on You Tube, looks great so Im so in next time.......is there a next time ?? if so when ?

Next meeting is 11 & 12 October

Buckets4Me
29th September 2008, 21:02
motards run around the outside

still tight for them but lots a fun