PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Buckets 21 September

Trudes
15th September 2008, 19:00
This Sunday kids, last points round so I hear, be nice if we could have sweet weather like last time.:sunny:
So who's coming? :Playnice: (Same day as the Sprints which is a shame!)
Mudboy cooking sausages again?:banana: If so I might have to do some baking to donate for him to sell, I thought that was a really nice idea of whoever made the yummy muffins last time!!:drool:

Drew
15th September 2008, 19:03
If I dont do the sprints, I might come for a giggle. Would I be allowed to race on the RF? Second gear doesn't work, so I would only have first to use.

Trudes
15th September 2008, 19:05
As long as you don't come in B grade and try backing it into the corners and wiping us all out!:angry:
Be nice to see ya Drewskies!

Drew
15th September 2008, 19:13
As long as you don't come in B grade and try backing it into the corners and wiping us all out!:angry:
Be nice to see ya Drewskies!

Backing in 250kg's of whale doesn't sound like fun on the slipway, then again, I might not be able to make it round the end corners by keeping both hoops tactile.

quallman1234
15th September 2008, 19:19
Already?!

Sweet!

Drew
15th September 2008, 19:29
Already?!

Sweet!

Dude, you're really gonna need to learn to type, two word posts are so last century:crazy:

Skunk
15th September 2008, 20:15
Dude, you're really gonna need to learn to type, two word posts are so last century:crazy:
Huh? What??

Skunk
15th September 2008, 20:17
I shall be there with just the AX1R. Last chance to get some points...

Don't care what the weathers like either. Who wants a lift?

Slingshot
15th September 2008, 20:21
Yes please.

bungbung
16th September 2008, 09:02
I thought that was a really nice idea of whoever made the yummy muffins last time!!:drool:

Lisa was in control of that.

Trudes
16th September 2008, 09:25
They were yummy!! And an awesome idea! Good on her! :)

Skunk
16th September 2008, 09:41
Lisa was in control of that.
5 points off for more than two words... :lol:

I didn't even see the muffins. Can we get more?

Please?

all4A50s
16th September 2008, 10:07
Lets hope wanizame wants to behave better so I can finish a race without being lapped. Dies anyone know if Luke is running a bbq this time? And how much is for kids (>10)?

koba
16th September 2008, 10:30
ahh, sprints for us.
No buckets to race YET anyway...

nudemetalz
16th September 2008, 11:39
Don't care what the weathers like either. Who wants a lift?

yes please also :)

Lady P shall be there, this time with a secure rear sprocket and (hopefully) a secure chain :whistle:

Number One
16th September 2008, 19:07
I'm hoping to be there AND be riding.

At this stage no babysitter for the little monster :sweatdrop:

Hawkeye
16th September 2008, 22:50
Where? What time?

Was going to head to the sprints for a lookey but this sounds much more spectator friendly. And food from the sounds of it. Did someone say muffins.....

Can I enter the 500? I ride like a nana anyway.

Number One
16th September 2008, 22:53
Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa Bayden corrected my points...I can smell a placing....best that fucking sled doesn't shit itself before or during MY points race this SUnday OR there really will be trouble!!!! GRRRRRRR

I'm comin for ya Trudes :shifty:

Slingshot
16th September 2008, 22:56
Where? What time?

Was going to head to the sprints for a lookey but this sounds much more spectator friendly. And food from the sounds of it. Did someone say muffins.....

Can I enter the 500? I ride like a nana anyway.

Slipway Driving Facility (http://www.scs.net.nz/calendar.php#), it's up by the wind turbine in Brooklyn.

Riders briefing is at midday, we generally start arriving from about 11am to get the track set up.

No, you can't enter the 500....but bring ya gears along and someone will let you take their bucket out I'm sure (once the points races are finished you can take Frankie).

Slingshot
16th September 2008, 22:57
Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa Bayden corrected my points

He hasn't fixed my points yet. Skunk, did you email him?

Number One
16th September 2008, 22:58
I think it helps to have had a HULK out moment in front of him. He was too bloody scared of me NOT to fix them up :lol:

ajturbo
17th September 2008, 00:11
luke will be there..

Bung your BBq still coming???

the RG 50 will be there for ya Drew (if i can find out why it stopped last time) and as it is luke's bike .. i think there could be a small fee...???

you can then go a skite about how you rode the new world champ's first bike... frig that must be worth a few $K

Skunk
17th September 2008, 10:57
He hasn't fixed my points yet. Skunk, did you email him?
Yep, he did mine sort of...

Drew
17th September 2008, 17:38
the RG 50 will be there for ya Drew (if i can find out why it stopped last time) and as it is luke's bike .. i think there could be a small fee...???

you can then go a skite about how you rode the new world champ's first bike... frig that must be worth a few $K

Na, that aint how I roll. Buckets and me just dont mix, something to do with me weighing more than the bike, and not being able to find the right style to overcome it.

ajturbo
17th September 2008, 18:25
Na, that aint how I roll. Buckets and me just dont mix, something to do with me weighing more than the bike, and not being able to find the right style to overcome it.
ya girly poser

Str8 Jacket
17th September 2008, 18:30
Buggar, mu points are all fixed up and I dont have a bucket anymore!! :crybaby:

all4A50s
18th September 2008, 15:01
Buggar, mu points are all fixed up and I dont have a bucket anymore!! :crybaby:

Luke is bring his and seems to be offering it for other to ride at a small cost.

F5 Dave
18th September 2008, 16:02
Luke is bring his and seems to be offering it for other to ride at a small cost.
All4 appears to be channelling Ivan.

[turns lights down] I see . . . some dead motorcycles. Did anyone used to have a an Uncle Suki?, Suzi maybe who is no longer with us?, What about an aunt RHonda?:eek5:

Skunk
18th September 2008, 16:24
I am told Luke WILL be there with sausages etc... Bring ya money.

ajturbo
18th September 2008, 17:41
will be working on the RG50, to get it going for HIRE...

Kendog
19th September 2008, 06:54
It's going to be a great day.
Close contest for :first: in the B grade.

all4A50s
19th September 2008, 07:55
Anyone want to guess the weather?

Skunk, Sorry if that A grade race vid I gave you was a s**t, I had one of the settings wrong. have figured it out and can sort out a much better copy. To see the quality have a look at the slipway grade B crash of the day from the last meet on You Tube.

If anyone wants a copy of some of last meets races/riding bring along a memory stick and I'll give you a copy. I filmed the last of each class going clockwise and some of going anticlockwise.

I'm also looking for footage of this year's meets with "interesting events/incidents" to edit together a blooper reel.

Number One
19th September 2008, 08:20
ooo I am soooo excited it's gonna be pressure on to make up for all the races where I earned no points but I have my racing tude on already so it should be good!

SO long as the bikes hold on for both me and Sully :sweatdrop: then it might end up being HULK OUT TIME :laugh: I shall try to control myself :rolleyes:

My daddy is even coming to watch me....best I not crash or nuffin. He's cool though and will no doubt enjoy the day - hope it doesn't rain though!

Skunk
19th September 2008, 08:33
If anyone wants a copy of some of last meets races/riding bring along a memory stick and I'll give you a copy. I filmed the last of each class going clockwise and some of going anticlockwise.
I'll be in for a copy of anything (racing wise).

I was 10th in A grade last year so I just plan on doing better this year. So far, so good.

all4A50s
19th September 2008, 13:28
I was 10th in A grade last year so I just plan on doing better this year. So far, so good.

i'd just like to have any pints, Doh i mean points i have got this year included.:second::spanking:

Number One
19th September 2008, 20:47
oooo ooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooo

It's almost BUCKET TIME :headbang: I been watching the GP to get me in the ZONE....might need to stop so that I can get some sleep tonight though :lol:

Hawkeye
20th September 2008, 08:56
Slipway Driving Facility (http://www.scs.net.nz/calendar.php#), it's up by the wind turbine in Brooklyn.

Riders briefing is at midday, we generally start arriving from about 11am to get the track set up.

No, you can't enter the 500....but bring ya gears along and someone will let you take their bucket out I'm sure (once the points races are finished you can take Frankie).

Thanks for the offer of Frankie Slingshot. Unfortunately I overlooked the fact that her indoors had arranged a few things without my knowledge so can't make it tomorrow. (Need to build up some brownie points for my 2 week jaunt down Scumdog country).
Next time.

ajturbo
20th September 2008, 10:24
[QUOTE=Slingshot;1732613

No, you can't enter the 500....b[/QUOTE]

???

err not many people minded when the buell was on the track.....:headbang:

only the organiser:rolleyes::nono::argue::baby:

Skunk
20th September 2008, 12:48
err not many people minded when the buell was on the track
I was was told that if you can't say something nice say nothing. Sometimes I use that advice.

ajturbo
20th September 2008, 13:09
I was was told that if you can't say something nice say nothing. Sometimes I use that advice.

errr.......

that was a joke matey.. you know how baydon reacted!!!...:clap:

Skunk
20th September 2008, 15:41
errr.......

that was a joke matey.. you know how baydon reacted!!!...:clap:
So was that. :laugh:

Str8 Jacket
20th September 2008, 15:53
NWM Pillow Fight!! :girlfight:

ajturbo
20th September 2008, 15:59
hey skunk.. we should get the pillows out for Str8...

Number One
20th September 2008, 16:02
One more sleep till buckets!!!! :niceone:

quallman1234
20th September 2008, 18:12
I was was told that if you can't say something nice say it. I use that advice.

Yes you do.

Mmmm who's gonna Win B Group is the real question. The top two are not riding. And then it is a 20 point difference between 5th and 3rd.
Fishie's pretty much won A grade unless of course his bike blows/doesn't finish the races.
Still there's a good battle for 2nd there.
It almost deserves a write up eh Sully? ;).

I wonder if my bike will last, running on one ring and half a side skirt and all. (I have a new piston but am going to save it untill i do some proper tuning).

ajturbo
21st September 2008, 09:05
luke has managed to get his bike going again... by putting fuel in it...

so that will be up there also.. for drew and the likes... just make sure there is gas eh...lol

Number One
22nd September 2008, 07:31
FOUND: pair of quasi gloves. If you can tell me colour, size and something else about them they are yours :sunny:

quallman1234
22nd September 2008, 15:01
found: Pair of quasi gloves. If you can tell me colour, size and something else about them they are yours :sunny:

red medium older style quasi, have a small piece of grey duck tape on one of the gloves.
Left them near where luke was doing his bbq. I knew i forgot something!

Bring Them along next month please, they are spares so don't need them urgently.

Number One
22nd September 2008, 15:17
red medium older style quasi, have a small piece of grey duck tape on one of the gloves.
Left them near where luke was doing his bbq. I knew i forgot something!

Bring Them along next month please, they are spares so don't need them urgently.
SOLD and correctamondo!!!

F5 Dave
22nd September 2008, 15:26
Well I was in a pretty naff mood by the time I got there yesterday, I’m usually a pretty even tempered guy, but the later & later it got the more agitated I got. So what does it take to wind me up? 5 larger petrol station, 2 foodmarts & a supermarket later. All I was after was a prepacked Sammie for lunch & a decent pie. Apparently a hot commodity on a Sunday morning. Fail.

So now pretty wild & quite hungry from the swearing, I return down Brooklyn hill & I ended up going to the bakery on willis street. I got only the pie “oh we don’t make sandwiches in the weekend” Sheesh! Obviously I have unusual taste in food. Who would want a sandwich? Not on the weekend.

Swearing at every fothermucker & current who got in my way or pulled out & did 35kph I was destined to arrive late. . . To a foul wind. & a weird track.

Bike stayed in the van. I could only see crashing & a bad time. Time to return to the tranquillity of the mancave & fettle 2 stroke motorcycles.

Oh well, Taumarunui in 3 weeks.

bungbung
22nd September 2008, 15:39
Yopu could have bought a sausage from Luke, and a chocolate brownie, and a thing that looked like russian slice. There were even cupcakes with hundreds and thousands

F5 Dave
22nd September 2008, 15:42
Well I had one of the brownies, but I try not to eat bbq sausies unless under extreme duress.

quallman1234
22nd September 2008, 15:42
Yopu could have bought a sausage from Luke, and a chocolate brownie, and a thing that looked like russian slice. There were even cupcakes with hundreds and thousands

The chocolate brownies were stupidly good.

Slingshot
22nd September 2008, 17:33
& a weird track.

I didn't like the top corner arrangement at all, I couldn't for the life of me connect those corners at the top, I think everyone managed to lap me at least once even though the bike was running the best it has (except for the last race where I had some carburation issues.
So unlike previously, the track just didn't feel to flow, but...
I did finish both points races, after breaking a chain in the fun race, and managed a 6th place for the series overall (the top placed back-boned bike:clap:)

I'll have the FXR-GP ready for next season...bring it on!

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 18:36
I did finish both points races, after breaking a chain in the fun race, and managed a 6th place for the series overall (the top placed back-boned bike)
I'll have the FXR-GP ready for next season...bring it on!
Hmmm, where did I come in the backboned class? Third I think...

Anyway - I may be the only backboned bike in A grade next year.

Slingshot; have you looked at the two stroke vs four stroke breakdown. You could be first there too. Did you beat F5 Dave?

Slingshot
22nd September 2008, 18:48
Hmmm, where did I come in the backboned class? Third I think...

Anyway - I may be the only backboned bike in A grade next year.

Slingshot; have you looked at the two stroke vs four stroke breakdown. You could be first there too. Did you beat F5 Dave?

Nope, he was 4th overall (I think) so he's taken out the top spot for two-strokers and F5.

Trudes
22nd September 2008, 18:56
Sooooo, those who tried Nigel's Chocolate Brownie liked it eh, sweet, I'll get him to make it more often ;)

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 18:57
Pics by Skunk Control here (http://www.skunkworks.net.nz/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=70813).

Shot of the lot: Well grounded Fishie...

Slingshot
22nd September 2008, 19:10
Pics by Skunk Control here (http://www.skunkworks.net.nz/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=70813).

Shot of the lot: Well grounded Fishie...

Nice one, I saw SC taking snaps...by that stage I was so far behind in the race so I thought I'd do some race poses to make it look like I was going fast on camera. :whistle:

PS...are you hosting these on your server...cause I can't open up the big images, it's just taking for ever.

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 19:13
Yeah, server just had a fit... Restarting it now.

Trudes
22nd September 2008, 19:22
No b grade? :(

Slingshot
22nd September 2008, 19:32
Yeah, server just had a fit... Restarting it now.

Working nicely now. Pass on my thank to SC, some cool shots in there.

nudemetalz
22nd September 2008, 20:26
Great pics, Mrs Skunkie Control !!

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 20:31
No b grade? :(
Errr, guess not... hit her up about that. She was catching up with Tex.

all4A50s
22nd September 2008, 23:30
I didn't like the top corner arrangement at all, I couldn't for the life of me connect those corners at the top

I personally really loved the challenge of the top corner Although I enjoyed it much more when the we went clockwise. How about sticking that in the middle next time? or even have one in the middle and one at the end?:headbang:

F5 Dave
23rd September 2008, 10:00
Nope, he was 4th overall (I think) so he's taken out the top spot for two-strokers and F5.
4th?! Sheesh, putting on a bad show for the 2 strokers, sorry guys. Still that's what you get for only doing 3 of the 6 rounds:pinch:

Skunk
23rd September 2008, 11:02
Yeah, you should be ashamed of yourself... :lol:

Korea
9th March 2009, 14:37
Yes you do.

Mmmm who's gonna Win B Group is the real question. The top two are not riding. And then it is a 20 point difference between 5th and 3rd.
Fishie's pretty much won A grade unless of course his bike blows/doesn't finish the races.
Still there's a good battle for 2nd there.
It almost deserves a write up eh Sully? ;).

I wonder if my bike will last, running on one ring and half a side skirt and all. (I have a new piston but am going to save it untill i do some proper tuning).

Curious about last years' final bucket standings - can anyone point me to the results?

Skunk
9th March 2009, 14:39
Curious about last years' final bucket standings - can anyone point me to the results?
http://www.scs.net.nz/results.htm

Trudes
9th March 2009, 14:48
Not exactly right though are they.... haven't been updated for final results.

Skunk
9th March 2009, 15:04
I never even looked. Just did the address from memory.

Bugger. Bayden is a slacker ain't he? :lol: