PDA

View Full Version : GB400TT One owner

Silage
15th September 2008, 21:18
It has finally come to the time to part with the GB. Bought new in August 1988. Well maintained. Goes great - is used daily to get to work.

On Tardme here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-176742228.htm).

If a KB member ends up buying this you get a KB sticker on the screen for free (see photo) and $50 will go to the running of KB. Happy to answer any questions here or on TM.

mark247
16th September 2008, 07:47
I love those old GB's. Good luck with the sale. Looks like its in awesome condition ( unlike a lot that come and go on trademe )

Pumba
16th September 2008, 08:06
What a beuatifull example of a fine bike. I do like the old GB, good luck with the sale.

xwhatsit
16th September 2008, 10:16
Looks like the perfect example of the general-condition versus mileage argument when buying bikes.

HenryDorsetCase
16th September 2008, 11:57
That is tidy! It will sell too, at that money.

mark247
16th September 2008, 12:51
That is tidy! It will sell too, at that money.

Surely will, i sold mine for $1400 a while back and it was smoking and burning oil like no tomorrow and was no where near as mint.

Silage
16th September 2008, 12:55
Thanks for your comments guys.

I have seen a number of GBs on TM said to be "original" but a quick look and you say "Hey wait a minute..." All the metal, plastic and paint on it are what I bought it with except maintenance items, it has a GB500 rear sprocket and I broke a tappet bung (overtightened :doh:) when I last checked the tappets.

It is hard to know what price to put on it, almost went for an auction. But then came to the conclusion that I would be satisfied with $3k but it should sell fine at that.

Bonto
16th September 2008, 13:25
Hi there,

New here. Have a GB500 which is not as tidy as your 400, but is not bad, goes well and I'm liking it. I was wondering if you might have any spares. specifically, the speedo gearbox in the front hub went on mine just recently and the new part ex japan is quite pricey. Any help with parts sources you've used before would be brilliant.

Cheers and good luck with the sale.

Silage
16th September 2008, 16:48
Hi there,

New here. Have a GB500 which is not as tidy as your 400, but is not bad, goes well and I'm liking it. I was wondering if you might have any spares. specifically, the speedo gearbox in the front hub went on mine just recently and the new part ex japan is quite pricey. Any help with parts sources you've used before would be brilliant.

Cheers and good luck with the sale.

Hi Bonto
Your first post to KB - I'm honoured!! Welcome, and watch out for the other Dunedin (and further South) KBers - some are also IT'ites (oops so am I). Contact NightHawkNZ if you want to hook up with locals.

As for GB spares - I haven't needed any. The only repairs I have had done on the 400 (now the truth comes out) is it burned an exhaust valve at 45k. Don't think it was tight tappets (though they do need to be watched) but suspect faulty valve (someone else's fault then eh).

Silage
18th September 2008, 19:15
It looks like it is sold (to Dunedin) provided the $$$$ come thru. That will lessen the outlay in the new replacement; a DRZ400SM - the motard version. Picked it up yesterday and apart from stallig it at lights and hit all the buttons (like the horn) before finding the starter it goes great.

Cheers all