PDA

View Full Version : Hesketh up for sale

Bob
16th September 2008, 00:29
The Hesketh Motorcycle Works near Brackley is being put up for sale.

Owner Mick Broom said: "I've reached retirement age, and I'm looking to pass the business on to someone who can take it forward through this century. I've been running it for more than 30 years and in that time the bikes have matured into classics. We don't tend to advertise locally because our market is world-wide, from Alaska to Australia. The reason why I've kept it going for 30 years is that I believe Hesketh motorcycles have a future. They're nice to look at and people enjoy riding them."

For more information, Mr Broom can be contacted at 01280 841842

Conquiztador
16th September 2008, 08:57
Did not even know they were still around!

Has to be #3 on my list after Munch and a Panhead.

Motu
16th September 2008, 18:49
Has to be #3 on my list after Munch and a Panhead.

I'll keep the Panhead and swap the Munch for a MkIII Rickman Metisse....and the Hesketh will be 3rd for me too.

98tls
16th September 2008, 18:58
I remember the sales manager at Casbolts had/has one.Something different.

pete376403
16th September 2008, 19:10
There's at least one in NZ - I saw it at the Cold Kiwi a few years ago. Interesting, although a bit agricultural, perhaps.

T.W.R
16th September 2008, 19:18
I remember the sales manager at Casbolts had/has one.Something different.

Still has it :msn-wink: Brought it from Christchurch Motorcycles way back in the mid/late 80's for $10k if I remember rightly. Stood out like dogs balls in amongst all the hogs :laugh:

98tls
16th September 2008, 19:21
Still has it :msn-wink: Brought it from Christchurch Motorcycles way back in the mid/late 80's for $10k if I remember rightly. Stood out like dogs balls in amongst all the hogs :laugh: Good stuff Bill,he seemed a nice bloke when i met him.

T.W.R
16th September 2008, 19:32
Good stuff Bill,he seemed a nice bloke when i met him.

yeah strike him on a good day and alls sweet :niceone:

I drooled over the bike a few times before it was brought as I was in there quite regularly with the old man but then they got a XLCR 1000 and I turned into a dribbling mess :doh:

Actually was thumbing through a 6 page article a couple of days ago from MotorCycling Magazine (July 80) all about Alexander Hesketh and how the bike was born. makes for interesting reading especially with what he envisaged initially :niceone:

98tls
16th September 2008, 19:35
yeah strike him on a good day and alls sweet :niceone:

I drooled over the bike a few times before it was brought as I was in there quite regularly with the old man but then they got a XLCR 1000 and I turned into a dribbling mess :doh:

Actually was thumbing through a 6 page article a couple of days ago from MotorCycling Magazine (July 80) all about Alexander Hesketh and how the bike was born. makes for interesting reading especially with what he envisaged initially :niceone: Ive an old magazine here somewere with an article on him/his bike.

Conquiztador
16th September 2008, 20:00
I'll keep the Panhead and swap the Munch for a MkIII Rickman Metisse....and the Hesketh will be 3rd for me too.

I'll buy that. Make the Rickman #4 on my list. And add as #5 a Black Shadow.

98tls
16th September 2008, 20:10
Feast your eyes Motu.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuZk5q0qCs

NordieBoy
17th September 2008, 08:38
Feast your eyes Motu.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuZk5q0qCs

Excellent race :D :rockon:

Excellent commentry and the camera work was pretty top notch as well.

Kickaha
17th September 2008, 16:52
There were two of them in Chch

pete376403
17th September 2008, 19:07
I'll buy that. Make the Rickman #4 on my list. And add as #5 a Black Shadow.

Get one here http://www.godet-motorcycles.com/egli/egli03.htm

DougB
29th September 2008, 22:40
My son bought one about a month ago for $8000. I have not seen it yet as he lives up North. He seems to think all the original faults have been ironed out and they are great bikes. Only a small number were ever made.

He has about eight other Italion bikes including an early bevel drive Ducati.
I dont like his MV Augustas but his moto Guzzi Spada and Falcone's are great.

The Guzzu Falcone is a five hundred single cylinder lying flat, it has a huge flyweel and I revs very slowly.

Bob
29th September 2008, 22:47
My son bought one about a month ago for $8000. I have not seen it yet as he lives up North. He seems to think all the original faults have been ironed out and they are great bikes. Only a small number were ever made.

He has about eight other Italion bikes including an early bevel drive Ducati.
I dont like his MV Augustas but his moto Guzzi Spada and Falcone's are great.

The Guzzu Falcone is a five hundred single cylinder lying flat, it has a huge flyweel and I revs very slowly.

Maybe I am misreading this, but Hesketh is (a) a British motorcycle, not Italian and (b) they are still being made. The company is up for sale right now, hence original post.

idb
30th September 2008, 07:59
There's one in Invercargill I think.
I saw it riding around a couple of weeks back.