PDA

View Full Version : 2003 CRF230F Review

Wellyman
24th January 2005, 21:38
Well I though I better put my thoughts in:

Engine

The CRF230 motor is based on the XR200 motor which is known to be very reliable and dosen't require much maintance only to change the oil and clean the filter which is good for a rider on a budget like me

Suspension

The Shock on the bike is brilliant. I had the shock and forks adjusted for me and it made the bike feel alot better and made me alot more confident. Though upside down forks would be nice due to the don't work very well and are a bit dated.

Controls etc.

First thing i did DITCH THE STEEL BARS! I have put on a set of renthals to make it higher but either way anybody wouldn't mind the stock bars. The controls are laided out nicely and don't feel cramped at all comfy seat and electric start makes it magic.

The Ride

When you hit the trail or track it feels nicely balanced and the power is great as soon as you take out all the restrictors and add the power up kit. The bike is great to duck through the tree and is a blast going warp speed down the straights. The brakes feel good and with the good old engine braking you can stop fast enough anyways so it feels like your always under control.

Thats my review and even ask the KR boys it won the trailbike of the year in 2003 so it's a great fun/race/learners bike.
Ciao