PDA

View Full Version : The 'Snail' is for sale (GSXR SRAD)

Luckylegs
18th September 2008, 10:57
Thats right folks, The infamous Snail is for sale after short ownership by me. Ive "negotiated" with her indoors and had the big upgrade so there be no room at the Inn for this baby so she has to go.

Bought from Frosty:me about 3 months ago. Bike runs and handles well but is still somewhat cosmetically challenged. Currently wearing a fibreglass race tail and seat but I have the original tailpiece (with pillion seat but not riders seat).

Havnt had it long enough to do too much too it but have changed the coolant and fitted new front brake pads.

Its has a yoshi RS3 pipe and rearsets (not adjustable) and Ohlins rear shock.

This bike was raced previously but has been put back to mostly stock condition. I intended to spend a few bucks to "finish" the bike off and put it back to complete original condition but have just not had time. It comes with an assortment of bits and pieces, notably, a spare front subframe, a full set of race fairings.

Um.... what else, not sure... feel free to ask questions blah blah blah... I guess its fair to say, If I was honest I would suggest its the kinda bike that perhaps might be suited to going back on a track or as a dedicated track day bike (but WTF would I know) or if you want to use it as a road bike you most certainly come and check it out in the flesh.

Note: Pic is lifted from one of the previous threads about the bike but two new ones will be posted tonight.

t3mp0r4ry nzr
18th September 2008, 12:37
does it have current REG and WOF?

is the pic above, what it looks like with the 'glass tail?

Luckylegs
18th September 2008, 14:44
does it have current REG and WOF?

is the pic above, what it looks like with the 'glass tail?

Hi, yes the bike has current warrant and rego, The rego is due to expire at the end of the month so it will get a new 6 months when sold (not sure when WOF expires but will get new warrant when/if selling)

Yes, the pic shows the glass tail thats on the bike now. I meant to include in the add that the paint has some cracks in it (but the tail itself is intact) from flexing when removing putting back on. The only difference from that photo is that it now has the rear subframe back on (which it didnt in the pic) under the tail and the standard mudgaurd/undertray which it didnt have in the pic.

The other tail (glass) that is with the race fairings is a matte black one (with stickers etc etc)

Luckylegs
11th October 2008, 16:30
Her indoors has decided this has to go (woops)......

So its now $4500 ono