PDA

View Full Version : macman is ded..

bugjuice
25th January 2005, 10:52
long live bugjuice..
just a quick FYI to those few who know me a little, I decided to change my nickname cos after the last few rides, I've got nothing but bugjuice on the front.. so I thought it'd be better than macman which i've overused for everything..

cheers SM for doing that :eek:

Sniper
25th January 2005, 10:53
Welcome bugjuice (Macman cross)

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 10:55
Rightyho. Jolly good.

Skunk
25th January 2005, 11:06
Another cross dresser :laugh:

SPORK
25th January 2005, 11:07
On the topic of name changes...

If you havn't realised, I used to be Madcat.

Hitcher
25th January 2005, 11:08
It's a bit like reading one of those heart-rending life stories of a pre-op transexual. You're not sure whether you should be interested, or not...

Motoracer
25th January 2005, 11:10
I injured a bug yesterday while riding my MTB. As I was going on my jolly way down a hill, the little devil came into my path, so I couldn't help body slamming into it. Poor lil bugger was still wiggling it's legs as it was stuck on my shirt cause I only did a half arsed job (don't worry, I put it out of it's misery straight away).

This only means one thing, I need to go quicker so I can actually kill the bastards first time round. :devil2:

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 11:16
Poor lil bugger was still wiggling it's legs as it was stuck on my shirt cause I only did a half arsed job (don't worry, I put it out of it's misery straight away).

I remember many years ago walking into town. There was a tiny bug that divebombed my face, but I didn't think anything of it. Anyway, so I wandered round a bit, went into a few shops etc, and wondered at some of the puzzled looks sent my way. Wasn't til I got home that I discovered I had a bug stuck to my lipstick, still alive with little legs waving around frantically. But it's ok cos it was in my goth days, so I was able to pull it off!

bugjuice
25th January 2005, 11:19
I remember many years ago walking into town. There was a tiny bug that divebombed my face, but I didn't think anything of it. Anyway, so I wandered round a bit, went into a few shops etc, and wondered at some of the puzzled looks sent my way. Wasn't til I got home that I discovered I had a bug stuck to my lipstick, still alive with little legs waving around frantically. But it's ok cos it was in my goth days, so I was able to pull it off!

lmao.. stupid bug..

Motoracer
25th January 2005, 11:20

What were you doing, wearing a bright coloured lipstick on your goth days??? :Pokey:

Hitcher
25th January 2005, 11:22
I injured a bug yesterday while riding my MTB.
Now just to ensure that you're using this heinous abbreviation correctly, do you mean:

Moun Tain Bike or
Mo Tor Bike?

James Deuce
25th January 2005, 11:33
Now just to ensure that you're using this heinous abbreviation correctly, do you mean:

Moun Tain Bike or
Mo Tor Bike?
Or:
Motor Torpedo Boat?

Which is the correct definition for the MTB acronym, and was taken well before you Mountain Biking whippersnappers were thought of.

Motoracer
25th January 2005, 11:39

Moun Tain Bike or
Mo Tor Bike?

MT - The letters M & T represent Mt. or Mount. It derives from the word Mountain. In writing form, Mount reads Mt. For example, Mt. Eden or Mt. Wellington.

B - The letter B is for bike, it derives from the word bicycle (a vehicle with 2 wheels). Usually a pedal driven, 2-wheeled vehicle is referred as a bicycle.

Therefore, by MTB I meant to refer to a Mountain bike. When Mountain and bike (bicycle) are put together, their combined meaning describes a specific type of bicycle. I.e. a bicycle designed for off-road use, which can include use on mountainous terrain.

Posh Tourer :P
25th January 2005, 11:48
I injured a bug yesterday while riding my MTB. As I was going on my jolly way down a hill, the little devil came into my path, so I couldn't help body slamming into it. Poor lil bugger was still wiggling it's legs as it was stuck on my shirt cause I only did a half arsed job (don't worry, I put it out of it's misery straight away).

This only means one thing, I need to go quicker so I can actually kill the bastards first time round. :devil2:

They normally work as extra protein when I'm cycling.... Never hit one anywhere else noticeably.

Did get a fly in the eye as I took off up the road with visor up on the beemer yesterday tho.... Made it water for a little while....

Hooks
25th January 2005, 11:51
MT - The letters M & T represent Mt. or Mount. It derives from the word Mountain. In writing form, Mount reads Mt. For example, Mt. Eden or Mt. Wellington.

B - The letter B is for bike, it derives from the word bicycle (a vehicle with 2 wheels). Usually a pedal driven, 2-wheeled vehicle is referred as a bicycle.

Therefore, by MTB I meant to refer to a Mountain bike. When Mountain and bike (bicycle) are put together, their combined meaning describes a specific type of bicycle. I.e. a bicycle designed for off-road use, which can include use on mountainous terrain.

So you dealt to this inoffensive bug whilst riding a 2 wheel pedal powered machine on a mountain :Pokey: .... is the gist of your tale ... ??? :kick:

Yokai
25th January 2005, 11:52
They normally work as extra protein when I'm cycling.... Never hit one anywhere else noticeably.

Did get a fly in the eye as I took off up the road with visor up on the beemer yesterday tho.... Made it water for a little while....

You have the weirdest luck with bugs though - have you fished many more out of your vents? Weird - I think they have some sort of PT Vent Guidance system (probably developed by JRandom)....

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 11:57
MT - The letters M & T represent Mt. or Mount.
So then it should actually be MtB

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 11:58
What were you doing, wearing a bright coloured lipstick on your goth days??? :Pokey:
I think it was purple...

Motoracer
25th January 2005, 11:59
So you dealt to this inoffensive bug whilst riding a 2 wheel pedal powered machine on a mountain :Pokey: .... is the gist of your tale ... ??? :kick:

Yep, tho this was more of an urban mountain, filled with houses and shops and the path I was riding on was in fact a very busy sealed road.

So then it should actually be MtB

True

I think it was purple...

Oh ok, fair enough then.

Hitcher
25th January 2005, 12:03

Oh. OK then.

This means that a street bike is an STB and a road bike is an RDB. Excellent!

Now all I have to figure out is how superbike got to be SBK and who put the cunt in Scunthorpe and my life's work is nearing completion!

Hitcher
25th January 2005, 12:07
I think it was purple...
No, it was "perfect"

(unless of course we're not talking about the coiffure of Warren Zevon's werewolf...)

Motoracer
25th January 2005, 12:18
Now all I have to figure out is how superbike got to be SBK and who put the cunt in Scunthorpe and my life's work is nearing completion!

I have been puzzled about the same thing as well.

Sniper
25th January 2005, 12:51

Im still trying to figure out who was the cruel shit who put S in lisp :Pokey:

Skunk
25th January 2005, 13:10
And why acronym is so long...

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 14:01
I have been puzzled about the same thing as well.

I'm just puzzled in general :confused:

Sniper
25th January 2005, 14:48
I like puzzles

Motoracer
25th January 2005, 14:56
I like puzzles

I like your signature.

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 15:28
I like your signature.
You would!!! :moon:

NordieBoy
25th January 2005, 16:20
On the topic of name changes...

If you havn't realised, I used to be Madcat.

You've just been "fixed"...

:yeah:

SPman
25th January 2005, 16:28
So its been a slow day then..?

Sniper
25th January 2005, 16:33
Yes it has

Riff Raff
25th January 2005, 16:39
So its been a slow day then..?
Hmmm, you thunk???

SPORK
25th January 2005, 17:05
You've just been "fixed"...

:yeah:
Yeah, now changed to a finnish death metal band name. What else?

gav
25th January 2005, 18:19
:argh: OK so who the ferk is/was macman?

25th January 2005, 18:25
And why acronym is so long...

Wasn't that abbreviation?

25th January 2005, 18:27
You have the weirdest luck with bugs though - have you fished many more out of your vents? Weird - I think they have some sort of PT Vent Guidance system (probably developed by JRandom)....

Tell me about it.... no more so far, but not so many miles (kilometres) yet either.....

Add them to the three kamikaze birds I killed on the Waikato Rally....

Skunk
25th January 2005, 21:11
You would!!! :moon:Too much info for a public forum... :shutup:

Wasn't that abbreviation?I couldn't spell it :o

bugjuice
26th January 2005, 13:20
:argh: OK so who the ferk is/was macman?
me, but I changed my name.. by depot :moon:

Skunk
26th January 2005, 13:24
me, but I changed my name.. by depot :moon:Yeah, whatever :crazy:

Sniper
26th January 2005, 13:28
me, but I changed my name.. by depot :moon:

Whyyyyyyyyyy?? :Pokey:

Riff Raff
26th January 2005, 13:32
Whyyyyyyyyyy?? :Pokey:One does have to wonder, doesn't one!

Skunk
26th January 2005, 14:44
me, but I changed my name.. by depot :moon:I could understand if it was by Deed poll :shifty:
Hitcher! Come here...! :lol:

Sniper
27th January 2005, 06:14
One does have to wonder, doesn't one!

My wondering gets me into trouble though :spudwave:

bugjuice
27th January 2005, 11:19
but if I posted why, you'd all go - 'oooooooohhhhhhhh.......' then have nothing else to worry/wonder about..
plus I didn't mean to say depot.. that's what happens when you try to do more then 7 things at a time.. something goes tits up..

Sniper
27th January 2005, 12:41
tits up..

Yay, you said Tits, Im sure many people will appriciate that :2thumbsup

Hitcher
27th January 2005, 13:28
Yay, you said Tits, I'm sure many people will appriciate that
And some of us will appreciate it as well. After all, it's so un-American it has to be good for us -- look at how the wee puritans reacted after Janet Jackson flashed a nanosecond of tit at Superbowl!

Coyote
27th January 2005, 13:40
look at how the wee puritans reacted after Janet Jackson flashed a nanosecond of tit at Superbowl!
Hit them when they're up, hit them when they're down.

bugjuice
27th January 2005, 13:41
Yay, you said Tits, Im sure many people will appriciate that :2thumbsup
lol.. gotta love 'em
I'd still be at home playin, if I had sum.. If they had faces, I'm sure they'd be all > :hug: