PDA

View Full Version : Right hand bar end mirror

mnkyboy
18th September 2008, 15:59
I'm currently awaiting a part from japan to remount my mirror - However thats 3 weeks away and I sit my full next week.

Anyone with anything? - can be a crusty old thing I'm not too fussed. Price varying on condition.

Either that or can i borrow one for a day or two till my license is complete.

Please PM me or reply.

David

xwhatsit
18th September 2008, 16:03
Gah, if only mine hadn't dropped off as I was going down the motorway. Damn thumper vibes. So I'm using my spare.

I do have a quite a few normal mirrors, not bar-end ones (two come from GiJoe1313's Hornet, why is it I still have these? :laugh:) -- I did my license with one bar-end and one normaly mirror -- looked odd but surprisingly effective lol. Any use? I'm just up the road remember, could probably drop by after work if you like (finish mebbe 8.30pm or so tonight).

maybe
18th September 2008, 21:41
Is NZ law that you only require a left hand mirror for a WOF on a bike if so you are fine.

xwhatsit
18th September 2008, 22:14
Is NZ law that you only require a left hand mirror for a WOF on a bike if so you are fine.
If there's a restriction on which side, I suspect it's the RHS mirror you need, not the LHS. But I think last time I looked at the rules they didn't specify, at least not the bit I read.

I only have the one mirror, RHS (it's more useful there). Mirrors are a pain in the arse, I wouldn't have one if it wasn't law; they cause problems when filtering, look ugly (my bar-end looks OK, but bikes are nicest nekkid), and encourage being slack and not head-checking. About the only use is when you're sitting at the tail-end of a traffic jam on the motorway, and you want to look behind to see if some nutter has left it too late to brake -- but then again, you should be splitting anyway.

Doing a license test, that's something else though. Even if they're nice enough to give you a headset, my one ran out of batteries or something halfway through and I couldn't hear shit; so the guy did the older way of indicating in my mirrors well before the turn-off. That would've been tricky with no mirror, or even just one, so I whacked on another.

mnkyboy
18th September 2008, 23:44
Mirror sourced - thanks Tom for the lend

Still quite keen to buy one - if anyone has one