PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC World Tour

Jerry74
21st September 2008, 14:20
If you didn't already know AC/DC will release a new album next month... does anyone know if they are coming to NZ???????

Bloody hope so

CB ARGH
21st September 2008, 16:06
Yeah I saw a massive billboard coming up to Pt Chev from the motorway, almost broke my neck when I looked again and again thinking I was seeing things (EDIT: it said AC/DC new album blah blah Oct 10). I don't like most of their music, some are alright, will be interesting to see how it goes with their new album seeing how much the music industry has changed since their time.

No idea when they are coming to NZ though. I won't be going, sheesh, what a party pooper. :banana:

ViragoVixen
21st September 2008, 16:12
I'll be there if they come :beer: They're doing a North American tour at the moment up to the middle of December but nothing posted for the rest of the world yet - http://acdc.com/index.php.

Jerry74
21st September 2008, 19:41
Hmmmmm well worth the wait if you ask me

Big Dave
21st September 2008, 19:54
I saw 'Back in Black' and it wasn't worth the wait at all. It was a flat out shocker.

Jerry74
21st September 2008, 19:56
Had some mates go to ChCh for 96 ACDC Tour....

Frigging awesome live then...

I will be lining up at Ticketek

Kiwi Graham
21st September 2008, 20:06
No dates outside of North America as yet, Black Ice (new album) out 10 Oct. Dont know if they will come here, I'm guessing yes prob at the Vectra or Mt Smart, but definitly be going to Aussie. Either way I'm going to be there!!!

Big Dave
21st September 2008, 20:06
I swear some of Angus's solos went longer than you'll stand in line for the tickets!

Headbanger
21st September 2008, 20:40
I saw them on the Razors edge and Ballbreaker tours, Angus only does the one extended solo as part of the show and its pretty good entertainment.(that's now, I have have no idea what they done on the Back in Black tour, Though Live in Paris 1979 had pretty much the same show as what they do now)

The let down is the vocals and the repetitive show, Brian's voice was ruined 20 years ago, and they do the exact same show every night, Its like being at a musical....with incredibly bad singing. If my dog made a strangled noise like that I'd shoot it.....2 or 3 times.

I saw a killer bar band last night that rocked and stomped a few AC/DC tunes harder then AC/DC could ever hope to pull off.

I'll pass.

Big Dave
21st September 2008, 20:51
Like cold chisel towards the end. They had moved so far from the original and 'expected' versions that the were kind of hard going.

It felt like No no no Jimmy - slow down!