PDA

View Full Version : Sept 21 This is your life - Scott Dixon

Naki Rat
21st September 2008, 20:39
Scott's getting the treatment on TV1 now.

nallac
21st September 2008, 20:41
yip i'm watching it.

Wingnut
21st September 2008, 20:41
Scott's getting the treatment on TV1 now.

Yea its good to see. He deserves it - he sure has done well since the days of being the lil ginga boy!

Donor
21st September 2008, 21:16
Far more deserving people than him.

He's a flash in the pan.

MotoGirl
21st September 2008, 21:35
He's grown into a rather dashing young man.

Oh yeah, I'm also watching it and he looks like he's got a decent sense of humour. Did we all like the floral cushion?

Mully
22nd September 2008, 08:06
I think he's still got a lot to achieve - he's what, 22? Can they do another TIYL in 20 years or so?

Swoop
22nd September 2008, 08:25
Mully, I think they said he is 28. (edit: born 1980).

Very nice to see a motorsport person being honoured. Good on Scott for his determination and "drive" (pardon the pun).

A lovely wife, with a similar sense of humour, by the look of it!

Mully
22nd September 2008, 08:31
Mully, I think they said he is 28. (edit: born 1980).

A lovely wife, with a similar sense of humour, by the look of it!

Ah ha. OK then. Still, think he has a bright future, and they could do a TIYL in a few years.

Speaking of hot wives - anyone seen Casey Stoner's Mrs?? Holy Moly
She obviously loves him for his big jug ears.

Hitcher
22nd September 2008, 08:45
Despite his achievements, 28 years doesn't constitute a "life", despite what Britney Spears, Anna Kournikova and other "published" celebrities may think.

If TIYL had wanted a motor racing "life" to celebrate, what's wrong with Jim Richards?

Grub
22nd September 2008, 08:52
Despite his achievements, 28 years doesn't constitute a "life"

Bah Humbug? Surely not. Given his chosen profession, perhaps 28yrs might be his life. They didn't get to do one for Bruce McLaren :(

Kickaha
22nd September 2008, 09:28
I always remember him as a chubby little kid with a pillow strapped to his arse
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8vegO4y7E

Beemer
22nd September 2008, 09:43
I enjoyed the show, much better than some they have featured, but I have to agree that 28 years of living is not enough to base a show on. Some of the stories added nothing and were in fact quite embarrassing and infantile. As for the story about the two Lisas - WTF??? Not only embarrassing for Scott and his wife, but the looks on their two not-quite-as-pretty-as-his-wife faces said it all "bitch, it should be ME sitting next to that rich successful guy!"

But then again, who the hell could they feature? Nominations please, serious ones, that haven't already been done.

The scary part is that at first I seriously thought they were doing Banksie...

nodrog
22nd September 2008, 09:46
i thought this is your life was for grown ups?

Hitcher
22nd September 2008, 09:56
But then again, who the hell could they feature? Nominations please, serious ones, that haven't already been done.

Jim Richards
Sam Hunt
Sian Elias
Winton Rufer
Fran Wilde

And that's without thinking hard. And thank goodness for that. It is only Monday morning...

mynameis
22nd September 2008, 11:43
The wife was the best part of the show mmmm...such a hottie.

The main reason he was celebrated was probably because of his achievements than age.

skidMark
22nd September 2008, 12:03
Ah ha. OK then. Still, think he has a bright future, and they could do a TIYL in a few years.

Speaking of hot wives - anyone seen Casey Stoner's Mrs?? Holy Moly
She obviously loves him for his big jug ears.

casey stoners wife...

thanks google

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03gaaHsb1xb8C/340x.jpg

:drool:

Beemer
22nd September 2008, 13:57
Jim Richards
Sam Hunt
Sian Elias
Winton Rufer
Fran Wilde

And that's without thinking hard. And thank goodness for that. It is only Monday morning...

From the top - yes, you have GOT to be joking, it would take all night for him to spit anything out, yes, definitely yes (and what about Chris Lewis too?), no - not quite.

It would be nice to see a few more intelligent choices (and I don't necessarily mean the person being profiled, more the people choosing them in the first place) and a few more people others tend to look up to and respect. Some of the behind the scenes people who achieve amazing things in their life.

I think the Scott Dixon thing could have been better as a documentary without the stupid reminiscences of some nonentities.

Forest
22nd September 2008, 14:31
From the top - yes, you have GOT to be joking, it would take all night for him to spit anything out, yes, definitely yes (and what about Chris Lewis too?), no - not quite.

It would be nice to see a few more intelligent choices (and I don't necessarily mean the person being profiled, more the people choosing them in the first place) and a few more people others tend to look up to and respect. Some of the behind the scenes people who achieve amazing things in their life.

I think the Scott Dixon thing could have been better as a documentary without the stupid reminiscences of some nonentities.

I suspect that commercial pressures are forcing TIYL to profile populist figures. Big names will translate into bigger viewer stats.

A shame really. As there are other people who really deserve to be recognised for their achievements.