PDA

View Full Version : Number One Comes Number Two

Number One
21st September 2008, 21:26
Another great day (despite the cold wind) thankfully and happily my bike/s actually went for me
(thanks babe for all your hardwork over the season especially when working on bikes was the absolute last thing I know you wanted to be doing)

Getting the A grade to go after B grade was a stroke of genius I got to complete both my points races...even if I didn't realise that that last race was actually the points race!!

There I was casually sitting at the back of the pack behind everyone on the grid and just picking people off slowly and 'trying' things out thinking ok I know I can take you around this bit and you on the exit of this corner....and trying to nail that nasty little switch back (which I never got to grips with) ...luckily though I managed to sneak into 2nd in that race, because that plus winning the first race (oh...didn't I mention that I won the first race...even after crashing ok I will shut up about that now ) + the meagre points I had built up over the season (from when I did make it out to an actual race) put me into Second for the B Grade Series and a right purdy trophy!!! I was also awarded 'Most improved female rider' another purdy trophy!!! Wow I have two trophies and they are motorcycle racing ones :wari: I am going to officially call myself cool now...maybe only to myself but that's enough for me!

In terms of a trophy that SHOULD have been awarded...TOP BUCKET CHICK! I think Trudes and Pammy deserved a trophy. They are what real buckets is all about! Built from the ground up and worked on by the owner/rider, developed over the season and even did the Battle of the Buckets at Ruapuna.

Nick I am keen to see how far apart we were in the end points wise...I didn't think I'd done enough to even get a placing so found it hilarious when you said you thought I had beaten you for 1st....now I have just looked at the points and SHITE we were all sooo close! Should've taken that last race much more serious.

TBH though I don't think I have ever been so relieved to hear that a points race day was over. Buggered was I and I still am. Bit of a headache and slightly blurred vision on one side prob just my imagination but seems to have been since the glorious swandive manouevre I pulled off as I highsided off the front end up the inside of Trudes, new marks to paint in on my bucket helmet now too :shutup:

Oh well...apparently I have to go in the A grade next year :sweatdrop: THAT will be all about just trying to avoid being lapped by EVERYONE :laugh:

Just one problem...that puts both the Monsters on the track at the same time...hmm first up best biked me thinks..oh well that's me screwed. AND imagine if I ever beat Sully :shutup: oh now that just wouldn't be on now would it :laugh: or likely for that matter.

Trudes my good friend and best rival. At the start of this season when I tried to get some girls into this you were the most committed gal around, scoring a bike and working tirelessly on it (with a little help from our friends) to make it not only go but also look purdy. It's been so cool to share this this season (and all it's little ups and downs) with you. So pleased I bothered joining KB as I got to met you and Hels two of my now most favourite and dearest friends :sunny:

Bayden and Ange thanks for arranging the series and keeping things going on the day. Good times good times :2thumbsup

Norf Welly Massif: What can I say - a brilliant bunch of mates. It truly is wonderful to have met you all you are such a kind, generous, weird, mad and funny lot..you rock :hug:

BUCKET people in general!! HollA! For me buckets is fun because of the spirit of the people I get to do it alongside (or behind) I am proud to have had the pleasure (mostly) to share the track with and learn from, you all.

Once again though final and biggest thanks must go to my lovely and clever husband for encouraging me to do this in the first place, pushing me to push myself, working forever and a day on our bikes and to top it all off being really happy for me when I managed to do well :love:

LADIES...it's a wicked cool feeling to make your man proud about the way you race especially when he isn't too shabby at it himself!

BTW have pictures and a vid (shows me crashing too) but I am buggered and am going to bed for sleepytime.

BUCKETS ROCK!!! :done:

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 06:30
I love you Sherie. You are MY hero! :love:

Congrats chick!! :niceone:

Number One
22nd September 2008, 06:42
Hey you got a placing too and a certificate. Nick has them for both you and Malcolm :sunny:

FJRider
22nd September 2008, 07:02
Totally awesome effort. WELL DONE !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MY HERO.... hard work was rewarded with a good result.

for you...

Kendog
22nd September 2008, 07:09
Well done Sherie,

Yesterday I got a chance (unfortunately for me) to see you riding. You looked awesome out there, your riding has improved so much this year. Very smooth and very very fast.
Look out A grade next year, especially if you can pry the Slead away from Criag.

jrandom
22nd September 2008, 07:13
You're totally awesome, and we all adore you.

Number One
22nd September 2008, 07:15
Thanks FJ and Nige - It was a pity the grey ghost didn't play nicely for you. I was definitely thinking of you and your Loncin grunt in that first race and you will be a weapon once you iron out the little bugs - it definitely has some nice pace :niceone:

As for your lovely lady...she is so fricken hard to pass. She was by far the hardest to pass, another one with nice smooth lines and great track position (bitch) though she was very nice to me and when I did stick it up the inside of her and had the line and the grunt she didn't even slap me for it later :clap:

Look out A grade next year, especially if you can pry the Slead away from Criag.

:lol: :laugh: oooo don't make me laugh so hard I hurts! Chance my dear would be a fine thing...we need to get us another motor me thinks then I might stand a shit show of taking that off his hands...though it will mean I have to do all my own mechanicking...might not end up being much of a challenger in A grade at all if the bikes reliability this season is anything to go by imagine how it will go with my hands working on it's vitals :rolleyes:

Number One
22nd September 2008, 07:22
You're totally awesome, and we all adore you.
ENTER Therapist.

Though I can smell and taste the sarcasm all the way from down here I'm gonna say...Awww thanks, that's so sweet and cute of you to say :rolleyes:

jrandom
22nd September 2008, 07:23
Awww thanks, that's so sweet and cute of you to say :rolleyes:

I did kinda mean it, actually.

:hug:

Number One
22nd September 2008, 07:25
I did kinda mean it, actually.

:hug:
:lol: :laugh: :rofl: OMG really???!!!

Well again Thanks, that sweet and cute of you to say :laugh:

Hard not to take your posts with a large grain of salt now is all :sunny:

Slingshot
22nd September 2008, 08:01
Nice one #1.

You were looking bloody good out there, a huge change from the first day of the season.

So you're going to be my competition next year...shit...need to make bike go faster.

Number One
22nd September 2008, 08:04
Nice one #1.

You were looking bloody good out there, a huge change from the first day of the season.

So you're going to be my competition next year...shit...need to make bike go faster.

HAHAHAH the first day of the season - fuck yeah I was sooo slow!

Some twat came up to me and told me watched your vid on youtube...you are slow my wife and I were laughing, I told her you are her competition so she's gonna come along and waste you all.....never did see this mysterious woman. Never did see that dork again either

BTW - I don't think you have anything to worry about! You and Frankie go past me like a rocket :niceone:

Trudes
22nd September 2008, 09:10
Good on you my dear friend, I am so proud and happy for you!!
It's been a pleasure racing with you and seeing you getting faster and faster all season, even if it did mean I was fodder for your passing practice :lol: but it's all good, you always passed me nicely and never tried to take me out even when I was being a bitch and purposely blocking you!! :D
So up to A Grade for you:bye: show those boys what the girls do, one day I may join you there!
Go hard chick You Rock
:love::love:

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 09:32
Good on ya Number One. You really deserved the most improved female (even the crashes are getting better :lol: )

See if I can catch up to you next year eh?

Madness
22nd September 2008, 09:46
Good stuff chick.

Just be mindful of who you tell "I came number two's on by bucket". Non-biker types might try to have you commited.

007XX
22nd September 2008, 09:49
*starts chanting* "Go Girl, go girl...go, go...go GURL!!!!"

woohoo, you little legend you. well done mate! :hug:

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 12:55
Hey you got a placing too and a certificate. Nick has them for both you and Malcolm :sunny:

What for? Shortest lived history ona bucket was it? Or most stupidist rider? Hmmm.....

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 14:52
What for? Shortest lived history ona bucket was it? Or most stupidist rider? Hmmm.....
Bravest I think - for riding such an evil beast...

quallman1234
22nd September 2008, 15:00
+1 espically after watching glen ride it and even he was having troubles.

Go number one!. Good to see you doing so well out there, was a pity my chain came off in the first race, it would of been interesting if i stayed on.
But you definitely deserve it nevertheless.
Thanks for the battle's during the season. Although we didn't really battle, either one of us was a lot faster than the other during that race.

Congrats :). Kinda confuzzed why i didn't get a certificate but i didn't want to ruin the moment and i don't really mind

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!

Number One
22nd September 2008, 15:14
(even the crashes are getting better :lol: )

I do try :lol: AND YES I THOUGHT they were getting better too! We got yesterdays one on vid..so as soon as either I figure out how to upload or Sully gets it sorted we have the first race recorded.

Just be mindful of who you tell "I came number two's on by bucket".

Hey I did that at Outward Bound..it ain't so bad...not the kinda thing you want a support crew for though :buggerd:

Definitely bravest! EVEN Glen said it was effing scary to ride - I'd say you did blardy well to not have come a cropper more times than just the once! ANyway you had a fair amount of points so I think you got 5th or 6th!

Good to see you doing so well out there, was a pity my chain came off in the first race, it would of been interesting if i stayed on.
But you definitely deserve it nevertheless.[/SIZE]

Was also pity I didn't realise the second race was actually a points race then I would've actually focussed on running you down and applying some pressure - the Sled was screaming yesterday!

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!

Coming coming - keep your hair on...Sully got some really good ones of heaps of people - saw some of you in there too :2thumbsup

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 15:23
Was also pity I didn't realise the second race was actually a points race then I would've actually focussed on running you down and applying some pressure - the Sled was screaming yesterday!
A clue is the lapscorer sitting in the middle of the track...

This helpful tip brought to you by Skunkworks - the place to go for shit all.

Number One
22nd September 2008, 15:25
I was at the back behind everyone and didn't even see her...come on she's smaller even than Bayden! :lol:

CookMySock
22nd September 2008, 15:28
ohh Number One, ur so fassst!! :gasp: :love:

DB

Number One
22nd September 2008, 15:29
ohh Number One, ur so fassst!!
Well the bike is anyway :rolleyes: :shutup:

Drew
22nd September 2008, 15:30
Way to go chick, awesome stuff indeed.

PS, why haven't I been MOONED???!!!

martybabe
22nd September 2008, 15:32
I don't quite know what to write, your first post was good enough for a trophy, absolutely gushing with enthusiasm, excitement, generosity and sportsmanship, a joy to read.:clap:

Then we have your achievements on track......dunno, you blow me away, amazing stuff, you ride, you race, you win, you fall off, ya get back on and stick it to em again. In England we call it the bull dog spirit but in reality it should be the terrier spirit, ya see what ya wan't, go for it and hang on for all your worth till ya get it, no matter what.

Utter respect for ya girl and the other Track babes. fookin awesome. :apint:

Number One
22nd September 2008, 19:29
In England we call it the bull dog spirit but in reality it should be the terrier spirit, ya see what ya wan't, go for it and hang on for all your worth till ya get it, no matter what.

Utter respect for ya girl and the other Track babes. fookin awesome. :apint:

:lol: you calling me a real bitch ;) you wouldn't be the first :clap: Thanks Mbabe must spread before serving up the green stuff to you :cool:

Here's the vid of my wee off and then the charge back to first from there...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w675gXtiH5c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w675gXtiH5c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

+ a pic of my trophies...tee hee hee - I have only ever earned about 5 in my life and these are by far the two that make me the proudest. SO here's a pic for posterity once the little monster gets hold of them they won't hold together for long...you should see Sully60s vast collection that he got hold of. MIght be time to build us a display cupboard :shutup: :tugger:

Drew
22nd September 2008, 20:48
Great stuff once again, quite a funny biff too.

Number One
22nd September 2008, 20:53
Great stuff once again, quite a funny biff too.
Got that front off the ground quite far eh! Now I get why it felt like I fell from such a height :lol: Oh yeah and I'm glad YOU had a laugh! :laugh:

Deano
22nd September 2008, 20:53
Well done Sherie - look out Sully eh ? Ole' aubergine will be yours at the next hill climb !!

Did you blow it up ?

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 20:56
Did you blow it up ?

Hahahahahaha! NO! I know, I cant quite believe it myself. That thing is evil!

Number One
23rd September 2008, 07:39
Ole' aubergine will be yours at the next hill climb !!
You mean aubergines frame and body work? Remember it were my bikes heart that beat in that machine last cliffhanger...

Hels that bike is evil!

Maha
28th September 2008, 08:17
Bugger!!
Did it feel like you were getting molestered by a Locomotive? (at least for a short while?) ...:sweatdrop

Number One
28th September 2008, 08:39
Bugger!!
Did it feel like you were getting molestered by a Locomotive? (at least for a short while?) ...:sweatdrop
Tee hee hee that was the bestest bit!

Buckets4Me
29th September 2008, 20:46
looks like you lost the frount nearly saved it and hit one of the cone things :Oops:
sue the person who layed out the track for trying to kill you :angry2:

good on ya see you at taupo

and no beating me there please :yes:

Number One
30th September 2008, 06:13
looks like you lost the frount nearly saved it and hit one of the cone things :Oops:
sue the person who layed out the track for trying to kill you :angry2:

good on ya see you at taupo

and no beating me there please :yes:

Yup you got that right.

Lost the front TRIED to recover by sitting up slightly (but quite roughly obviously) and then it were all over.

As for Taupo no need to worry about being beaten by me there - I won't be coming :weep:

Money too tight to mention. Next year rodgerfich...along with the BOB me thinks :yes: though I need to sort my own bike now that I'm kicked out of the B grade...dum de doo...any one got a spare CB125 engine sitting around in their garage gathering dust? :lol: God loves a trier apparently

Trudes
30th September 2008, 07:13
OR... you could just ride the 50 in B grade.:shifty:

F5 Dave
30th September 2008, 15:58
I've only got a 50cc, can I ride that in the B grade too?

R6_kid
30th September 2008, 16:15
You appear to have a 'small' power advantage there.

Str8 Jacket
30th September 2008, 16:39

No .

Number One
30th September 2008, 16:42
OR... you could just ride the 50 in B grade.:shifty:

Ohhhh now that sounds like a plan stan :niceone: probably a lot more do able than getting a whole nother bike and just getting lapped all the time in A grade

:lol: NO cos you really are fast :bleh:

You appear to have a 'small' power advantage there.Another friendly 'value add' comment by one of our resident 'mentors' :rolleyes::

Yes I do have a bit more power than others out there...and I'm a totally shit rider too - oh well shit happens and that's racing :laugh:

quallman1234
30th September 2008, 21:16
I'm a totally shit rider too - oh well shit happens and that's racing :laugh:

Nawwwwwwwwwwww!

Drew
1st October 2008, 18:59
If I put one of those throttle stop thingies the kids bikes have, and hold the ol' girl back to half trottle, can I race my RGV in buckets?

I've ridden it a couple times now, and it's gonna be great in F3, but that costs a lot more than twenty bucks for the day.

Buckets4Me
1st October 2008, 20:51
have to remove a sparkplug and put number boards on it
also there is the compolsiry crash every other meating :buggerd:
and drain all the water out of the raidiator or sleave it :girlfight:

carver
1st October 2008, 21:09
thats great news, good on ya, good practice for racing on the road eh...

Number One
1st October 2008, 21:14
thats great news, good practice for racing on the road eh...
Yeah TRUE :niceone:

:rolleyes: :no:

:lol:

btw thanks was just having a ball!

carver
1st October 2008, 21:26
Yeah TRUE :niceone:

:rolleyes: :no:

:lol:

btw thanks was just having a ball!

nothing wrong with admitting your good....