PDA

View Full Version : Proton Drops Plan to Buy Ducati

Bob
26th January 2005, 00:58
Proton has abandoned plans to buy a stake in Ducati, and will instead focus on developing MV Agusta.

Proton already owns a 57.75 percent stake in Italian company MV Agusta SpA, which makes MV Agusta, Cagiva and Husqvarna motorcycles. Last year, Proton pumped euro70 million (US$91 million) into Agusta for the controlling stake.

It is now looking into tapping Agusta's high-profile marques for luxury performance cars, sports models and off-roaders, according to reports.

inlinefour
26th January 2005, 23:29
Proton has abandoned plans to buy a stake in Ducati, and will instead focus on developing MV Agusta.

Proton already owns a 57.75 percent stake in Italian company MV Agusta SpA, which makes MV Agusta, Cagiva and Husqvarna motorcycles. Last year, Proton pumped euro70 million (US$91 million) into Agusta for the controlling stake.

It is now looking into tapping Agusta's high-profile marques for luxury performance cars, sports models and off-roaders, according to reports.

But I'd rather go the Ducati :eek5:

Waylander
26th January 2005, 23:36
im too pour to buy either one so doesnt matter much to me wich owns wich

inlinefour
28th January 2005, 03:00
im too pour to buy either one so doesnt matter much to me wich owns wich

But my tastes require me to purchase a well refined superior to all, Fireblade :love:

Waylander
28th January 2005, 12:54
But my tastes require me to purchase a well refined superior to all, Fireblade :love:

You enjoy that, meanwhile, i will remain on my Virago unti such time that i can afford an R1 or a Triumph Daytona 600.