PDA

View Full Version : Street Stock Class @ Round 5

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 15:20
Hmm, After reading another thread I note that there are around 50 street stock bikes entered into the 2 day race. As I havent raced in this class before I doubt very much that I will qualify. What do they do in an event such as this when there will be a good number of people that will miss out after not qualifying?
Should I just HTFU and accept that I may have wasted my money or what??

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 15:29
Check with VMCC's race VP. He'll know I think.

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 17:43
Check with VMCC's race VP. He'll know I think.

I have sent an email, no response. Not that that means anything with the way technology (doesnt always) work!

I guess I will just go out there and give it my best and keep my fingers crossed. If all else fails I can resort to my bucket training and just start ramming people of the track..... :whistle:

quallman1234
22nd September 2008, 17:53
Half of them will be miss entries or won't turn up, its not that unusual at all.
I know for a fact at least 5 are.
What still doesn't help.

And to make matters worse! there are 14 125's racing, and by manfield rules you are only allowed 35 (or is it 40 at manfield?) on the course at once.
If rules are actually obeyed then only 21 (or 26 if 40 are allowed on the track) streetstockers will be allowed out on the track.
Someone needs to alert vic club, so they can put 125's with another class. or run them on there own. (That would be cool) but then there's the problem of time.
I smell a mess.
Maybe fit the outleys of the streetstock in clubmans?

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 17:58
Half of them will be miss entries or won't turn up, its not that unusual at all.
I know for a fact at least 5 are.
What still doesn't help.

Well, counting all the 125's and 250/150's with asterix's in round 5 there are 50 so far and I know that there are still more enteries. I have emailed and maybe the VP doesnt actually sit by there comp waiting for my email, lol!

quallman1234
22nd September 2008, 18:00
Well, counting all the 125's and 250/150's with asterix's in round 5 there are 50 so far and I know that there are still more enteries. I have emailed and maybe the VP doesnt actually sit by there comp waiting for my email, lol!

14 125's will be there, assuming Kenneth and avalon turn up.
thats 64 on the track.

I have a funny feeling thats going to be dangerous, espically with such long races and 125's lapping 150's after 2-3 laps (the back guys that is)

In fact extremely dangerous.

Drew
22nd September 2008, 18:08
Ya gotta harden up and live with it sorry. If you go out on the track, ya dont get yo' money back, and ya gotta go on the track to qualify.

Panic not though chick, you'll do fine.

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 18:11
Ya gotta harden up and live with it sorry. If you go out on the track, ya dont get yo' money back, and ya gotta go on the track to qualify.

Panic not though chick, you'll do fine.

Yeah, you're right there! I figure it'll be a cool weekend either way and im sure Malcolm will be racing so I can always be pit bitch. I guess, I could start drinking earlier too.....

Assuming that I dont blow the bike up! :rolleyes:

Skunk
22nd September 2008, 18:13
Manfield is limited to 35 on the grid I believe.

The VMCC is aware of the entry numbers.

Str8 Jacket
22nd September 2008, 18:17
The VMCC is aware of the entry numbers.

Sweet as. I was thinking of having a BBQ the night before just for the street stock racers. A bout of food poisoning will help my chances no end! ;)

ajturbo
22nd September 2008, 18:45
looks funny.. i have been entered twice and Luke is in two classes at the same time also.. so that is 2 less..... so only 48....to fit into 35.... hmmmmmm interesting...

and hey kyle.. it not that dangerous....
by now all of us are used to the closeness of the 125 boy and girls (in your case)....the person over taking will have to be in control... end of story...

the crowd from the south are used to 50-60 on the track .. so 48 is a breeze... lol

madkeenandy
23rd September 2008, 11:27
man this sounds like its guna be an awesome weekend!!

oh, referring to the VMCC website it said that they would run separate 125 and 150 races if there were large numbers.....

racer40
23rd September 2008, 11:58
just a note to you 150 street stockers, at the Taupo RR spectacular we are just taking the first 42 entries then a couple of reserves, no 125s, they go in f3 but you do share your races with buckets, we will not be running qualifying to get the 42 starters, just the first 42 enties, so far have 28 in this combined class

Str8 Jacket
23rd September 2008, 12:51
man this sounds like its guna be an awesome weekend!!

oh, referring to the VMCC website it said that they would run separate 125 and 150 races if there were large numbers.....

I believe you but whereabouts is this info posted on the Vic website?....

quallman1234
23rd September 2008, 14:21
looks funny.. i have been entered twice and Luke is in two classes at the same time also.. so that is 2 less..... so only 48....to fit into 35.... hmmmmmm interesting...

and hey kyle.. it not that dangerous....
by now all of us are used to the closeness of the 125 boy and girls (in luke's case)....the person over taking will have to be in control... end of story...

the crowd from the south are used to 50-60 on the track .. so 48 is a breeze... lol

Its quite bad, when there's about 5 of them in a row you have to get rid off.
Oh well. We can HTFU.

madkeenandy
23rd September 2008, 14:35
I believe you but whereabouts is this info posted on the Vic website?....

found it!
its on the entry form pdf file that u can download:

StreetStock competitors will start from the rear of the 125 GP class at the same time but separated by 20-30
metres (this distance will be adjusted if required). If numbers necessitate we will run a separate race.

Clivoris
25th September 2008, 23:41
Hi Str8.
just noticed this thread and didn't receive your e-mails to vpracing. My understanding is that non-qualifyers will be placed in clubmans if there is room. If there are non-qualifiers from more than one class goodness knows how it will be sorted out. The reality is that I can tell you what I think is going to happen, but Mel and the MNZ steward make the calls on the day. Like others have already said, there are also those who don't turn up or have problems on the day that mean they don't get to race. Don't panic yet chick.
The default position is that non-qualifiers don't get to race. Being squeezed into another class is totally discretionary. However, what has been discussed in the past is that riders who have cross-entered into a second class will be asked to step down to allow those who only have a single class, a chance to race. Quite a challenge to sort out on the day.
Next year we will be reviewing our cross entry policy and pricing to see if we can reduce this problem.

Str8 Jacket
26th September 2008, 06:54
Hi Str8.
just noticed this thread and didn't receive your e-mails to vpracing.

Hmm, odd. My email account tells me I sent one?! Thanks for this reply though.

Clivoris
26th September 2008, 08:42
Hmm, odd. My email account tells me I sent one?! Thanks for this reply though.

Probably a problem at our IP like my email not actually being connected to the VP racing addy. race@vicclub.co.nz gets to me. No drama.

Deano
26th September 2008, 13:14
Hmm, After reading another thread I note that there are around 50 street stock bikes entered into the 2 day race. As I havent raced in this class before I doubt very much that I will qualify. What do they do in an event such as this when there will be a good number of people that will miss out after not qualifying?
Should I just HTFU and accept that I may have wasted my money or what??

I think you should just HTFU and make damn sure you qualify.

roadracingoldfart
26th September 2008, 21:05
I think we should all be friggen pleased as hell that there are soo many 125 / 150 riders coming through the ranks.

roogazza
27th September 2008, 19:12
I think we should all be friggen pleased as hell that there are soo many 125 / 150 riders coming through the ranks.

Mate I was up there today, great to see them all sitting together on the embankment watching the other races. But man, they look so young ! I spoke with a few that were from that other Island off the coast.
Great bunch of fellas and fellaettes. Gaz.

koba
29th September 2008, 09:52
IT all worked out gravy with the 125's in with the motards.
I know some people won't be happy at that but it was a great call at the streetstock end of things!