PDA

View Full Version : Older Newbie @ Round 5

scuzeme
22nd September 2008, 19:17
Although i wasnt looking at entering clubmans until next year a fortuitous meeting on Sunday (if i can call it fortuitous) has got me chucked in the deepend for clubmans class this weekend at Mansfield.
I have the bike (Yamy r6 race bike that was raced last season) and the gear but no clue is there anyone else from Wellington in the same boat competing in the clubmans this weekend that i can tag along with? (i dont need a ride just some one to help show me the way round).

If not and you see a guy walking round asking dumb questions its probably me.

GIXser
22nd September 2008, 20:06
mate we ll be in pit shed one, we have plenty of dump answers, so feel free to drop around, Well have the LG pit tent outside, good luck with ya first race ,

Wingnut
22nd September 2008, 20:16
Yea man - good luck - just enjoy it :niceone:

Tony.OK
22nd September 2008, 20:43
mate we ll be in pit shed one, we have plenty of dump answers, so feel free to drop around, Well have the LG pit tent outside, good luck with ya first race ,

I had heard you think of arse alot but don't scare off a newcomer:gob:

Welcome to the mad house Scuze, there is alot of us newbies doin it this year mate, ask away.
Another friendly lot of us in the double skyline garage opp the ambulance park:woohoo:

scuzeme
22nd September 2008, 21:51

Correction i will make sure i ask dump questions not dumb questions.
Seriously i have money and will pay for answers to my dumb questions!

One minute your doing track days the next minute your on the grid with 34 other dudes and your wondering what the fuck am i doing here all thanks to Sue at the Vic club ....family budget goes out the window Bhawaaaaahhaaaa.:headbang:

johan
23rd September 2008, 09:35
One minute your doing track days the next minute your on the grid with 34 other dudes and your wondering what the fuck am i doing here all thanks to Sue at the Vic club ....

Lining up on the start grid in the middle of revving bikes, it's an awesome experience hard to put into words!
This is my first year of racing as well and I've had a blast so far, it's a very friendly (and competitive) environment in my experience.

You're not taking your Ducati to the track no?

CHET
23rd September 2008, 13:27
Good onya, good to see new faces out there all the time,as for questions if the person you ask doesnt know the answer generally they know someone who does,its a pretty freindly atmos so have a ball.

Duke girl
23rd September 2008, 14:10
Hi Darrin, Just get your arse up to the test day on Friday and get use to the track as well as the bike and you will be fine ok?. Goodluck.

Duke girl
23rd September 2008, 14:15
P.S. Dont forget to bring the Bourbon with you (truck load wasn't it)?.:niceone::msn-wink:

wharfy
23rd September 2008, 14:38
Hi scuzeme,
if you can get Friday off it is well worth coming up for a practice, $100 for the day car and bike sessions alternate.
By the end of the day I have usually done enough for cup of tea and a lay down.
Oh and It might be wet (again !!!)

PALMERSTON_NORTH (filed at 1:15pm Tuesday, 23rd September 2008)

Tuesday
Cloudy periods. Strong northwesterlies.
Maximum temperature of 19 degrees and a Minimum of 9
Wednesday
Cloudy periods, afternoon showers. Strong northwesterlies.
Max temperature of 18 degrees and minimum of 10
Thursday
Morning showers clearing. Westerlies.
Max temperature of 16 degrees and minimum of 6
Friday
Cloudy periods. Northwesterly.
Max temperature of 16 degrees and minimum of 8
Saturday
Showers developing. Gusty northwest.
Max temperature of 17 degrees and minimum of

Tony.OK
23rd September 2008, 15:24
Oh and It might be wet (again !!!)

What a terrible horrible thing to say:shit:

koba
23rd September 2008, 15:29
I will also be there, come say hi if ya get a chance, should be in a pit garage with 2 teng tools KTM orange Suzukis.

All I can really offer for advice is to familiarise yourself with what the flags mean, get up the front at riders briefing so you can hear it and listen to what mel says and then go for it!

scuzeme
23rd September 2008, 15:37
Hi Darrin, Just get your arse up to the test day on Friday and get use to the track as well as the bike and you will be fine ok?. Goodluck.

Yes its all your fault Duke Girl i think i let the Carterton sun go to my head on Sunday.:doh:

Test day...i will be there
Ducati...no she will be at home resting, i will be on my Yamalama bing bong R6.
Does anyone have garage room for 1 more tiny tieny wee little noobie racer who hasnt got a Fargin clue??:shit:

johan
23rd September 2008, 15:41
if you can get Friday off it is well worth coming up for a practice, $100 for the day car and bike sessions alternate.

Oh, so there is a testday again this Friday!? For some reason I thought it was last Friday? :confused:

koba
23rd September 2008, 15:42
Yes its all your fault Duke Girl i think i let the Carterton sun go to my head on Sunday.:doh:

Does anyone have garage room for 1 more tiny tieny wee little noobie racer who hasnt got a Fargin clue??:shit:

I think we are full but if you get there early enough the stable bits are first in/first served and free.

mud boy
23rd September 2008, 16:29

very true very true haha;)

mud boy
23rd September 2008, 16:32

cool ill see ya yeah man im luke by the way i race a RS125 and im with a the Moto Academy boys:woohoo::woohoo:

rustys
23rd September 2008, 17:35
Hi Darrin, you will be ok, no problems. Buy the end of the weekend you will be looking forward to the next round, if not( i will race that :drool: machine of yours ..eh,eh eh.) Come and see me for a chat i'am raceing my green ZXR 400 bike 90.

scuzeme
23rd September 2008, 19:04
Hi Darrin, you will be ok, no problems. Buy the end of the weekend you will be looking forward to the next round, if not( i will race that :drool: machine of yours ..eh,eh eh.) Come and see me for a chat i'am raceing my green ZXR 400 bike 90.

NO ONE BUT NO ONE...rides my nifty 50 but me.:Pokey:

driftn
23rd September 2008, 19:45
I will also be there, come say hi if ya get a chance, should be in a pit garage with 2 teng tools KTM orange Suzukis.

All I can really offer for advice is to familiarise yourself with what the flags mean, get up the front at riders briefing so you can hear it and listen to what mel says and then go for it!

Garage #9 for the record kob. MOre than welcome to pop in and say gedday we will do our best to answer your q's dude. You will love it out there. I did clubmans last year it was great close racing just awesome. See you there.

puddytat
23rd September 2008, 20:09
Good luck with the weather!!! Good onya & give it heaps !! I still got a month to wait till my first outing in clubmans...:(

Duke girl
23rd September 2008, 20:19
When you have had 2 great days of racing I will be waiting for you to visit me with more than a truck load of Bourbon ok?. Dont remember seeing too much sun at Carterton so I dont think that was the reason for you entering round 5. We all have to start somewhere so why not this weekend. Think positive and just relax and you will be fine, just hold your line and ride your own race ok?.:niceone::first:

scuzeme
29th September 2008, 11:46
Well Round 5 at Mansfield has been and gone, the races are over the times have been logged and the ribbons have been given out.
I had a great time and again was completely blown away by the generosity and comradarie of all riders no matter what class they were in.

I came along on Friday practice with a small amount of gear no staging area and not knowing anyone, by Saturday morning i was given a possy in garage 2 had been offered a set of wets of i needed them and meet a whole bunch of people.

Just want to say thanks to Gah Chan for showing me the ropes and Phil for letting me slide into Garage 2, Luke Jamieson for successfully predicting my best result in Clubmans A + B combined even tho he didnt know me from a bar of soap.
Jamie R who offered me tyres in case i needed them, BJ Cawthorn for showing me the lines, Vicki S, Sue and Rustys and loads more for their words of encouragement and advice.

Special thanks to Glen for squeezing my line on the straight down to Higgins and giving me a crash course in high speed lawn racing for about 200m @ 180 clicks.
And to....i think it was Drew for showing my three children whats it like to be engulfed in burnout smoke on the side of the street in Palmy on a Saturday night, my son thought he was "pretty cool"

Cant wait till next time which will prolly be next year.

Grub
29th September 2008, 12:12
Now you've lost your virginity, you're not going to be all slutty and open your legs for another in Round 6?

Duke girl
29th September 2008, 13:06
See Darrin, I kept telling you that you would be on the podium and you were. Congratulation on such a fantastic result in your very 1st race meet with the Vic Club. I had such a big smile on my face when i heard your name being called over the PA at prize giving after yesterdays racing. Look forward to receiving your entry to round 6 and seeing that smile grow bigger on that face of yours. Well Done.:first::niceone:

rustys
29th September 2008, 15:46
"FANTASTIC" results Darrin, ( think you are a bit of a dark horse eh! ). You certainly were punting that R6 along, great ride, on great a great machine well done. Can see you stepping up pretty quickly into F2.
See you out on the highways, if not will see you up at round 6.:rockon:

NinjaBoy
29th September 2008, 16:21
Good to see you really enjoyed your first race meet and congrats on winning the ribbon !

It was great to see you gain confidence during the weekend and the big smile after your first race. Hope to catch you at the next and final VMCC round.

Gah

wharfy
29th September 2008, 21:45
Hey man you have to come to round 6, if you don't I might get that first place ribbon and then I will be unbearable to live with !!
My kids are already sick of me re-living my second place putting on my leathers and straddling the couch making Brrrmmm... noises.

Racing is bloody good fun though isn't it :niceone:

Frenchy
29th September 2008, 21:55
Well done mate was great to see you out there giving it a go!! And now that your hooked i'm sure the visa will take a pounding to support your new addiction :) there are a lot of us that have started racing this year and its great to see!!

Oh and i know Drew and hes not that cool!!!!!!!!! :shifty:

scuzeme
30th September 2008, 08:31
Well done mate was great to see you out there giving it a go!! And now that your hooked i'm sure the visa will take a pounding to support your new addiction :) there are a lot of us that have started racing this year and its great to see!!

Oh and i know Drew and hes not that cool!!!!!!!!! :shifty:

Yeah the Visa, the overdraft, the checkbook, the mattress stash, the childrens piggybank.

Want list:
Spare set of R6 rims with disks
proper front stand that props up the steering yoke
New set of Pirelli Diablos
Set of good wets
Spare rear sets
Ginga Balls two sizes up from current size :laugh:

Thanks Frenchy for your encouragement on the day.

Clivoris
30th September 2008, 11:15
Another outstanding result for a newcomer there Scuze. I'm so pleased that the racing and the support worked out so well for you. I love the mateship at the track. It really is the cherry on the top of something that is already seriously cool. While you're thrashing the credit card and planning more racing, don't forget to let the family know that they are camping at Taupo racetrack on 27, 28, and 29 December :lol:

koba
30th September 2008, 18:27
Good work out there man!
Roll on round six, be there or be [ ]!