PDA

View Full Version : Ducati S4R

young1
22nd September 2008, 21:48
Any one know much about these, I think they look like sex on wheels, but what are they like to own etc etc. I used to have a 2000 model SS750 Ducati from new and like the Ducati's but never got to like the riding position of the SS. I am a dirt biker but the thought of zipping round on a monster sort of turns me on.

So what are they like? Was thinking of 2005 and newer (not the expensive Ohlin shock model)

McJim
22nd September 2008, 21:52
It will have much more grunt than your 750ss. It's a Desmoquattro liquid cooled engine - essentially a Ducati Hyperbike engine in there.

Go test ride it - you'll love it. How tall are you though? I wanted a Monster but couldn't fold my legs enough to fit on it so I went for the 600ss instead.

I'm going to buy one for the wife when the finances come right.

Jerry74
22nd September 2008, 22:10
Go for it mate, I am just waiting to finish my restricted then a ducati will be coming my way too

Sparky Bills
22nd September 2008, 22:18
S4R has a 996 motor, so no shortage of power or grunt.
Drop a tooth on the front (from standard) and you'll be in heaven.

Extremely nice bike to ride on the road. Pure Holigan bike :headbang:

DesmoJohnny
22nd September 2008, 22:42
Bloody good fun to ride !
Mine is an '03 and has around 23k kms - had no issues with it at all.
They are a bit lumpy on a constant throttle at around 4k rpm, but otherwise sweet as. Will wheel lift happily on std gearing but drop to a 14 tooth front and they are even better ! :niceone:
I run mine with a full Arrow system, open airbox and DP filter and the noise is evil.
service at 10k kms, belts and shims at 20k so not too bad.

Go on get one - you won't regret it. :banana:

Zoolander
8th October 2008, 14:35
They're an awesome bike, with the wide bars you can really throw them around and I think everything about them is just cool. I dont think being tall will be a problem on an S4R, I'm about 185cm with fairly long legs but it's fine for me, I think the older aircooled Monsters have a much lower seat but they're really a completely different bike. As already said, an essential mod is dropping the front sprocket to 14t, it transforms the bike as the gearing is too high in standard form. And as the speedo drives off the rear wheel it wont even effect the speedo! If you want any more advice on them, just drop me a PM!