23rd September 2008, 11:46
WOF'd till Feb 09
REGO till 8-09

Great all round condition.

Pack Rack
Scot-oiler
Big tank - good for 400kms to reserve.
Recently serviced.

I've only just purchased this bike but now things have taken a turn and I must sell it. Really don't want to but I have to.

junkmanjoe
31st December 2008, 19:20
hi how do you find these bikes overall.
rideabilty, weight, comfort. im looking to buy one.
a mate and myself are looking at a couple backcountry tours round nz.
what size tank, and a avarage range.
thanks for your time.

BMWST?
31st December 2008, 19:35
hi how do you find these bikes overall.
rideabilty, weight, comfort. im looking to buy one.
a mate and myself are looking at a couple backcountry tours round nz.
what size tank, and a avarage range.
thanks for your time.

Big tank - good for 400kms to reserve.

look on the net for reviews,very good value

how much you after Skunk?

pete376403
31st December 2008, 19:44
I;ve got a 2008 so cosmetically different (some would say lipstick on the pig) but mechanically the same.
21 / 23 litre tank depending on which book you're reading = at least 300km at reasonable speeds.
Heavy-ish. The '08s and later have improved suspension, brakes, electrics (both charging system and lights), seat, fairing and a few other bits. Surprisingly competent touring bike, sweet spot is around 130km/hr, after that vibration intrudes. US riders load them up with enormous amounts of luggage and ride to Alaska or Tierra Del Fuego regularly. They are the sort of bike you'd chose for a round the world trip (if only because they are so cheap you can afford to abandon them).
On my last weekend away in fast company (R1, 1200GS, 1200 Bandit, 950 KTM, etc) I wasn never more than a minute or two behind. On the soft road stages (Motu and others) it was right there behind the KTM.

About the only real "gotcha" is the doohicky (Google it) which is not the finest piece of engineering out of Japan, especially with the pre '08s

Skunk
2nd January 2009, 09:31
Sorry, the bike is no longer for sale. This ad was supposed to have been removed.