PDA

View Full Version : How do we obtain a mentor?

h20boy
24th September 2008, 14:37
Howdy...
Perhaps I'm missing something but for anyone else who may also be wondering, how do we go about getting involved with a mentor?

Thanks

Adam

MSTRS
24th September 2008, 14:41
Contact The Stranger...he will sort you out

DingoZ
24th September 2008, 14:41
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/mentors.php?do=list

Try the above link, and PM the Mentor in your area....:)

h20boy
24th September 2008, 15:06
Excellent..thank you folks!

haimsadia
19th January 2009, 14:38
yeah that's actually pretty nice to have... i'm new to this and would be cool if someone would be able to lend a helping hand...

JimO
19th January 2009, 15:47
Contact The Stranger...he will sort you out

what if they have been told not to talk to strangers:bleh:

007XX
19th January 2009, 16:00

Mentoring via sign language alone could make life interesting :eek:

R6_kid
19th January 2009, 16:31

Then they can PM me instead :innocent:

yod
19th January 2009, 17:03
depends how experienced you are at stalking

jrandom
19th January 2009, 17:04
Then they can PM me instead

But... they want to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

ngh007
14th March 2009, 21:15
I tried the mentors website - but get this
"Your post count isn't high enough to use the Private Message system"

can someone post a msg to Christchurch mentors for me please?? ive just bought a suzuki a couple of days back...

Try the above link, and PM the Mentor in your area....:)

robertvi
4th March 2010, 20:48
this link:

is not working for me, it brings up a page of php error messages. something to do with recent upgrade perhaps?

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/kbprod/forums/mentors.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1

davebullet
4th March 2010, 21:43
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/kbprod/forums/mentors.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1

Working as intended. That is a mentor's language telling you how to countersteer to avoid a hazard

Ronin
4th March 2010, 21:48
this link:

is not working for me, it brings up a page of php error messages. something to do with recent upgrade perhaps?

yup upgrade. That used to be g_string

Mental Trousers
4th March 2010, 22:14
this link:

The upgrades broke things and I haven't fixed it yet. Getting there. In the meantime, someone will be in touch.

robertvi
4th March 2010, 22:49
The upgrades broke things and I haven't fixed it yet. Getting there. In the meantime, someone will be in touch.

rustyrobot
9th March 2010, 21:11
I would also be keen to be connected with a mentor in my area. Like other noobs I am unable to send a PM, and the code on the mentor page is still beset by gremlins. I live in Hamilton (East). Thanking you!

EDIT: Ahh - scratch that. Tried again and managed to send a PM to MSTRS. Hopefully that'll get me on track to finding a mentor.

sinfull
9th March 2010, 21:25
I managed to send a PM to MSTRS. Hopefully that'll get me on track to finding a mentor.

Come see him at taupo this weekend, pretty sure he'll get ya on track eventually !

avgas
9th March 2010, 21:29
Sends $20 in a envelope to the following address.......

rustyrobot
9th March 2010, 21:32
Right. That'd be an unmarked bill yes? And, oh... you forgot your address

p.dath
10th March 2010, 08:25
Sends $20 in a envelope to the following address.......

And I'll send the antidote to the poison I put on the $20 after the mentoring has been done. :lol:

Ratti
11th March 2010, 15:38
It appears there is no mentor available in Welly?

Maha
11th March 2010, 15:42
It appears there is no mentor available in Welly?

Apart from Deano......http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php/794-Deano

Ratti
11th March 2010, 16:22
Thanks Maha. I guess one needs to know where to look for these things.

MSTRS
11th March 2010, 16:28
Can't find the list on this new version of KB...just look at poster's names for the :ME and then where they are...

Ratti
11th March 2010, 16:45
er..yeah. as long as they post in the same threads I do.
I dont think I've seen Deano on anything I post in....

o good, you couldnt find a list either, I feel far less useless than I did!

MSTRS
11th March 2010, 17:04

Oh, there is a list...it's just that the version of KB seems to have scrambled and hidden it.

avgas
11th March 2010, 17:16
Can't find the list on this new version of KB...just look at poster's names for the :ME and then where they are...
And here i was thinking you guys were just really excited about yourselves lol

sidecar bob
11th March 2010, 17:44
And here i was thinking you guys were just really excited about yourselves lol

Not sure how the mentors are chosen, but theres a few i wouldnt want to learn anything from.

Maha
11th March 2010, 17:47
er..yeah. as long as they post in the same threads I do.
I dont think I've seen Deano on anything I post in....

Oh, there is a list...it's just that the version of KB seems to have scrambled and hidden it.

Its in 'Quick Links' sub title 'site leaders'....click the link and scroll down.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showgroups.php

JimO
11th March 2010, 17:49
Not sure how the mentors are chosen, but theres a few i wouldnt want to learn anything from.

they will all be tall/handsome/well endowed in the trowser dept/have clean habits so there arnt many kbrs eligible

JimO
11th March 2010, 17:49

they will all be tall/handsome/well endowed in the trowser dept/have clean habits so there arnt many kbrs eligible

JimO
11th March 2010, 17:51
look at that..... twins!

MSTRS
12th March 2010, 08:16
Its in 'Quick Links' sub title 'site leaders'....click the link and scroll down.

:shit: :o So it is...

Ratti
12th March 2010, 08:28
younme both love. LOL we have each other for company in our stupidity, that cant be all bad?

avgas
12th March 2010, 08:43
By handsome, do you mean "Looks like a brick hit his face at 100kph"...........if so I'm in.
Fuck know what people would learn from me though. Obviously not how to dodge bricks.

Stevee2
18th August 2012, 13:13
Any mentors in Glen Innes/ Mt Wellington/ St Johns area in Auckland? :)

MSTRS
18th August 2012, 13:46
Don't know how the Auck mentors are spread. Suggest you use the 'Quick links' pull down, then 'View site leaders'. Scroll down that page to see the list of mentors, and PM all the Auck ones.

Stevee2
18th August 2012, 20:38
Awesome thanks for the tip :yes:

Marius Elvenwood
20th October 2012, 08:22
Don't know how the Auck mentors are spread. Suggest you use the 'Quick links' pull down, then 'View site leaders'. Scroll down that page to see the list of mentors, and PM all the Auck ones.

Are there no mentors in Dunedin? I could really use one, being a young learner.

hayd3n
13th March 2013, 22:53
Are there no mentors in Dunedin? I could really use one, being a young learner.
step one buy a bike

Erelyes
14th March 2013, 09:55
I've just passed step 1. What's step 2? :)

Fast Eddie
14th March 2013, 10:47
waddya have to be to be a mentor..?

I'm mental.. so swap a couple letters around and I'm there?

I'm happy to ride with any learners at any stage of learning. from how to get on the bike to turning the bike on and moving from standstill, coming to a stop. how to turn it to how to do rolling burnouts and wheelies.. ;)

Can also throw in some basic tips about bike maintenance and safety checks.

Fast Eddie
14th March 2013, 10:48
I've just passed step 1. What's step 2? :)

step 1: buy a bike
step 2: ???
step 3: win the IOMTT