PDA

View Full Version : Slow Website

Jonty
26th January 2005, 16:59
This may have come up before, but I searched with no luck. I am having trouble opening the website during the day. I have a broadband connection and all other websites are find just Kiwibiker :bash: . I usually have to wait for a few hours and refresh. Any ideas??

Two Smoker
26th January 2005, 17:06
This may have come up before, but I searched with no luck. I am having trouble opening the website during the day. I have a broadband connection and all other websites are find just Kiwibiker :bash: . I usually have to wait for a few hours and refresh. Any ideas??
Yep encourage people to post less BS on here...... (not referring to your post :niceone: )

Biff
26th January 2005, 17:07
I've never had to wait for hours, but yes, this site has slowed down considerably over the last few months, and I often wait what appears to be ages before I can get in and share my wisdom. Sometimes I don't get in at all and as a result everyone here suffers. Something to do with blocked pipes and capacicity problems I reckon.

I smell a new round of fund gathering on the horizon in order to help Mr Web Toast Master Mr Blakamin (who does a fine outstanding job) in getting some new widget boxes and wider diameter pipes and such like.

Can you tell I'm an IT guru?

Riff Raff
26th January 2005, 17:09
Yep encourage people to post less BS on here...... (not referring to your post :niceone: )
:whistle: Umm, yes well, erm.. there is method in my madness tho...

Blakamin
26th January 2005, 17:16
I've never had to wait for hours, but yes, this site has slowed down considerably over the last few months, and I often wait what appears to be ages before I can get in and share my wisdom. Sometimes I don't get in at all and as a result everyone here suffers. Something to do with blocked pipes and capacicity problems I reckon.

I smell a new round of fund gathering on the horizon in order to help Mr Web Toast Master Mr Blakamin (who does a fine outstanding job) in getting some new widget boxes and wider diameter pipes and such like.

Can you tell I'm an IT guru?
it aint me..... you'd be thinkin of SpankMe... I just do fuck-all.... (and sometimes wait)

Big Dave
26th January 2005, 17:23
>>Over the past few days, a large number of worm-compromised "zombies" have
been unleashing a flood of Internet email traffic, apparently attempting
(by sheer volume) to penetrate spam filtering systems. Yet another "new
and improved spammer tactic"... <sigh><<

could explain it?

bd

Riff Raff
26th January 2005, 17:25
>>Over the past few days, a large number of worm-compromised "zombies" have
been unleashing a flood of Internet email traffic, apparently attempting
(by sheer volume) to penetrate spam filtering systems. Yet another "new
and improved spammer tactic"... <sigh><<
could explain it?
bd
No really, it's me!

Two Smoker
26th January 2005, 17:27
No really, it's me!

Yes and only 13 to go......

Riff Raff
26th January 2005, 17:27
Yes and only 13 to go......
Ssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Skunk
26th January 2005, 17:29
No really, it's me!It's not all about you! :killingme

Riff Raff
26th January 2005, 17:55
It's not all about you! :killingme
It is, it really is!!!

inlinefour
26th January 2005, 18:00

This is a really popular site and at times the server struggles to keep up... :rockon:

Riff Raff
26th January 2005, 18:03
This is a really popular site and at times the server struggles to keep up... :rockon:
It's popular because it's about me!!! Yay 999 posts - almost there

SpankMe
26th January 2005, 18:33
I'm currently working on what optimization can be done. I have already more than halved the amount of dB queries the homepage makes so it should load a little faster. Looking at what can be done with MySQL at the mo.

If I can't improve things much, I'll look at upgrading to the next server class (http://www.serverpronto.com/).

TwoSeven
26th January 2005, 18:43
I got the impression this afternoon that it was blocking connections. Had to throw in several requests before it would wake up.

mikey
26th January 2005, 18:54
YOUR COMPUTER IS OLD AN SHIT AN YOU HAV A SHIT CONNECTION ON DIAL UP

Jonty
26th January 2005, 19:09
I'm currently working on what optimization can be done. I have already more than halved the amount of dB queries the homepage makes so it should load a little faster. Looking at what can be done with MySQL at the mo.

If I can't improve things much, I'll look at upgrading to the next server class (http://www.serverpronto.com/).

Cheers Spankme :2thumbsup let us know how you get on :rockon:

Biff
27th January 2005, 09:02
it aint me..... you'd be thinkin of SpankMe... I just do fuck-all.... (and sometimes wait)

Sorry - I meant Spank Me (sorry almighty tinternet forum guru), but I was having an "isn't dark in here and I can't see my arse for me elbow" moments before the drugs kicked in.

In better now, ask my goldfish.

And just for the record, it is all about RR. Any lady (I say that in the loosest possible terms) that wears a santa outfit while sitting on a bike wins my vote anyday.

Skunk
27th January 2005, 09:59
It's all about NC30_chick. Get it right... :doobey:

SpankMe
27th January 2005, 19:01
I made some optimization changes 24 hours ago. Seems to be running ok. Let me know.

MikeL
27th January 2005, 21:40
I was having no end of trouble getting onto KB until today. Now seems much better.

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 23:16
YOUR COMPUTER IS OLD AN SHIT AN YOU HAV A SHIT CONNECTION ON DIAL UP

I'd have to say that your a dumb shit and you know nothing about computers from that comment. :shake: