PDA

View Full Version : kr150 won't start

kippy
25th September 2008, 21:35
Hi everyone

I have a 2005model kawasaki kr150r i have it for about a year now. a few days back the bike just died for no reason. i started the bike and about 2min later the bike started misfiring and then died. now i have check the carb,spark plug and even tested the compression and everything seems fine. so i think its something to do with the elecktronics or timing can anyone please help me or give advice..

is there anywere on the internet a workshop manual cos i cant find one

Ixion
25th September 2008, 22:00
Ah yes, two strokes, they do that. Is why we luvs them so :love:

First , replace the spark plug.

Yes I know it looks fine. Replace the spark plug.

Then catch a virgin mouse and bleed it (*check* that it's really a virgin, don't believe what you're told, those mice are notoriously slutty). You need 3cc of blood.

Report back here for further instruction when you've done that.

kippy
26th September 2008, 00:15
Ok what do you mean by the virgin mouse. And what wil a new spark plug help

motorbyclist
26th September 2008, 01:55
did you actually check the plug? (and kill switch, fuel is on, etc etc)

ie, does it spark? colour is one thing, correct gap size another, and actually having a voltage across it is another thing again

if it sparks (at the right time), i doubt the problem is electronic

is the motor actually getting fuel to the spark plug? flood it and see if the plug gets wet

when was the last time you cleaned the air filter?

not much else to go wrong.... reed valves still sealing?

kippy
4th October 2008, 02:57
Yes the spark plug is fine i have check it but i dont know if it sparks on the right time and the spark plug gets fuel you can smell it and the carb is clean from top 2 bottom. Reed valves are sealed but the 2 gasket from the top not the head gasket the one below is leeking a little bit for a long time but the bike stil has all the compresion.

quallman1234
4th October 2008, 11:12
Yes the spark plug is fine i have check it but i dont know if it sparks on the right time and the spark plug gets fuel you can smell it and the carb is clean from top 2 bottom. Reed valves are sealed but the 2 gasket from the top not the head gasket the one below is leeking a little bit for a long time but the bike stil has all the compresion.

Base gasket. I would make a new one from the right thickness gasket paper. But still should run.

Replace spark plug. Or at least try another one.

Ixion
4th October 2008, 13:29
..but the 2 gasket from the top not the head gasket the one below is leeking a little bit for a long time but the bike stil has all the compresion.

Probably rather fortunate that it won't start then. If you do get it started, the Ring-a-ding-ding social forum is the obligatory place to post great big pictures of holed pistons.

Have you caught that mouse yet (interestingly, gender doesn't matter BTW, it just has to be a virgin. Easier to check on the female of course) ? Or fitted a new spark plug?

I think I would recommend a four stroke.

motorbyclist
4th October 2008, 14:03
Yes the spark plug is fine i have check it but i dont know if it sparks on the right time and the spark plug gets fuel you can smell it and the carb is clean from top 2 bottom.

can you hear/see when the cylinder reaches TDC?

if you go full choke full throttle and flood the thing can you get the plug wet?

i doubt timing will go out overnight, but it is entirely possible.

so we have fuel (of unknown fuel/oil/air mix)

a spark (replacing the plug never hurts)

so, does she actually fire?

if not, swap the plug

if that fails, electrics MAY be rooted.

Reed valves are sealed but the 2 gasket from the top not the head gasket the one below is leeking a little bit for a long time but the bike stil has all the compresion.

the base gasket is leaking

note that it may leak both ways

you wont lose much compression unless you're testing the crank case compression

once running at 5000rpm you might lose a bit as less air gets in there to begin with

BUT

the issue is it may suck in a bit of air

which leans out the mix

runs hot

motor siezes

might be a minor leak, not likely to cause the problem, but get it fixed

kippy
4th October 2008, 23:32
With a new spark plug it does the same. Push starting doesn't help either. Yes the spark plug gets fuel its wet...the air fuel mixture is ws perfect when i was riding.

Im beging to think its the wiring of the bike

motorbyclist
5th October 2008, 12:37
fair enough then

Ixion
5th October 2008, 14:29
Kill switch.

motorbyclist
5th October 2008, 14:53
still sparks though... but a good place to start i guess