PDA

View Full Version : New GSX-R 1000

ArcherWC
26th September 2008, 06:50
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25september08_suzuki2009gsxr1000.htm

this line cracked me up

"large-volume MotoGP-inspired titanium mufflers. "

Have they seen the size of those things??????

driftn
26th September 2008, 06:56
That looks shit hot man, Love the tail section it looks a bit like the RC8. as for the motogp pipes. Yeah the are pretty in you face:clap:

fatzx10r
26th September 2008, 07:01
hate to say it.....but it look's prety cool for a gsxr. would have to do somthing about them pipe's tho

enigma51
26th September 2008, 07:13
It looks very much the same like the current model with exception to the pipes no wait still fucking ugly with twin pipes. If i want a hayabusa i will go and buy one!

I must be honest there is nothing radical or special about it at all.
What i read in the spec was we cheap so we just going to modify the current bike a little.

Suzuki has lost it for me there last show stopper in the litre class was the k5/k6.

SlideMoto
26th September 2008, 07:28
It looks very much the same like the current model with exception to the pipes no wait still fucking ugly with twin pipes. If i want a hayabusa i will go and buy one!

What i read in the spec was we cheap so we just going to modify the current bike a little.

Suzuki has lost it for me there last show stopper in the litre class was the k5/k6.
Firstly, your obviously blind. It's massively different. Youve just got to check the details.

The swingarm is visibly longer and the pivet point is further forward. The clutch is more stacked than previous bike. Swingarm is now bananaed to tuck the pipes higher. The pipes themselves are a huge improvment on last years bike in style. The wheels look lighter. Phisically the bikes much smaller. The breaks are heaps different, the callipers look smaller somehow. Cable clutch? Obviously take on board riders feedback about not wanting hidraulic actuation.

Not sure if it means anything but the center of the clutch is as near as dammit to smack bang center of the wheel base too.

Nothing fucking like last years.

AllanB
26th September 2008, 07:36
/k6.

Did you read the article????????

All new engine - new frame, new swingarm - bla bla bla

What do you think that cost to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I am not a big fan of the ultra-sports bikes I do admire the domination Suzuki has had at this level.

Suzuki's ability to keep the GSXR at the top of the sport bike selection has been based on a series of yearly alterations to a proven platform. A big benefit to this is that the racers are familiar with the platform each year and they are not starting from scratch.

As for the pipes - I'm surprised more are not using the twin muffler format again - it allows a much larger volume of gas to be flowed while still being muffled to the worlds current sparrow-fart levels.

It will be interesting to see if the magazines think it is better than the 2008 King the HONDA.

scorry
26th September 2008, 07:56
those pipe arent pretty, but most people change them anyways.
that tail section looks cool, and i like the fact the single seat cover is included and you dont have to pay shite loads for one.
must be making it bloody hard for guys to put race numbers on their tho

nodrog
26th September 2008, 07:59
oh no, my wallet didnt need to see that

marioc
26th September 2008, 08:05
twin cans for the win! looks swish

MVnut
26th September 2008, 08:12
The new Yamaha R1 has some big mods over the 08, that might topple the Honda, we wait and see. ps those Gixxer pipes look like s**t

nodrog
26th September 2008, 08:16
more pics and shit

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcycle/moto/supersport/gsx-r1000/spec.html#

enigma51
26th September 2008, 08:16
Sidemoto and allanb

Lets put it into perspective

BMW brings out a bike that clearly is out there on the specs
Aprila brings out a bike that is out there with the v4
Fuck Yamaha brings out a new bike thats radical and has real motogp technology (not a fucking huge twin thing..... the rivets must be the motogp technology)

Suzuki brings out a longer swingarm. ....... whow!

Pwalo
26th September 2008, 08:25
Looks pretty sharp, even with those pipes. Blame the Greens, and Euro emissions testing.

Anyway who cares, they won't be a hindrance on the road, and I bet Yoshimura (and others) will have a nice set of replacement pipes sorted by the time you can buy one.

Pussy
26th September 2008, 08:42
They've gotten rid of the Kayaba forks... that's got to be a huge improvement alone. The whale dick exhausts will probably look better in the flesh. I quite like the new bike, though I won't be getting one, I'm a convert to the sem fiddy nowadays

slowpoke
26th September 2008, 08:45

Yup, I hear ya brutha!

Virtually all the manufacturers have come up with a clean sheet design in the last couple of years (1098, ZX10R, R1, CBR, RC8, BMW, Aprilia) whereas this looks very much to be just a derivative of the previous couple of designs.

That exhaust system is just a fuggin' shocker for a sports bike. Even if you are gonna bin it straight up you've still paid good money for the bloody thing before doing so.

NOMIS
26th September 2008, 08:47
its ugly, pipes ruin the entire bike.

imdying
26th September 2008, 09:08
Sidemoto and allanb

Fuck Yamaha brings out a new bike thats radical and has real motogp technology (not a fucking huge twin thing..... the rivets must be the motogp technology)

Suzuki brings out a longer swingarm. ....... whow!I agree... it's not that there's anything wrong with the GSXR, it's just that the others have eclipsed it this time round. Won't stop it being deathly quick or competent, it's just not 'ringing my bell'.

Ugly I don't have a problem with, they're all ugly pieces of crap this time round.

The 1098 shape is starting to grate on my a lot... bit of a failure to fall back to the 916 glory days. The 999 fell out of the ugly tree and smacked every branch on the way down, but it was different, and bugger me, it's actually more appealing 18 months on from the 1098 release than the 1098 is now.

Pwalo
26th September 2008, 09:12
The 1098 shape is starting to grate on my a lot... bit of a failure to fall back to the 916 glory days. The 999 fell out of the ugly tree and smacked every branch on the way down, but it was different, and bugger me, it's actually more appealing 18 months on from the 1098 release than the 1098 is now.[/QUOTE]

Funnily enough I've been thinking the same for a while now. The later 999s with the modified front fairing are pretty cool.

The GSXR is probably a safer bet though.

racefactory
26th September 2008, 09:17
Why can't they fucking stick the nice R1 2001/02 style side exhaust if they aren't going to have an under seat exhaust? Anyone agree they look fugly? Seriously those exhaust look hideous! 2004 GSXR1000 looked the best!

fatzx10r
26th September 2008, 12:43
Why can't they fucking stick the nice R1 2001/02 style side exhaust if they aren't going to have an under seat exhaust? Anyone agree they look fugly? Seriously those exhaust look hideous! 2004 GSXR1000 looked the best!

it's all this emision's shit that is causing large fugly can's. i thought the k5 muffler looked the best

AllanB
26th September 2008, 13:04
Sidemoto and allanb

No doubt the pipes are, well....interesting........but I am sure that can be discussed with the bike shop to sweeten the sale. Is Suzuki deliberately feeding work to Yoshi? Actually at this level of performance why don't Suzuki just work with them and actually market the bike with Yoshis as stock pipes (with a removable db killer of course) :clap:

Your point above is relevant after the GSXR is compared side by side with the above bikes on the track (that's what they are made for) and found seriously lacking. I'd wait for a few reviews first.

The Aprilia is not even in the same company as the Suzuki when you consider its rumoured to be twice the price. Compare it with the exotic Ducatis and MV's.

IMO the Yahama will be the most interesting of the lot of litre bikes for 09 - just how much difference will that funky crank make?

The most annoyig thing is - will Honda only be top dog for a year? Bugger working in that R&D department.

imdying
26th September 2008, 13:12
Is Suzuki deliberately feeding work to Yoshi?No, not all markets are as modification friendly as our own.

Actually at this level of performance why don't Suzuki just work with them and actually market the bike with Yoshis as stock pipes (with a removable db killer of course) :clap:Yoshi mufflers do not have cats in them. They're also very light, at the expense of being far less durable than stock mufflers (and the lack of aforementioned cats). The design goals of each is poles apart.

AllanB
26th September 2008, 13:19
Yoshi mufflers do not have cats in them. They're also very light, at the expense of being far less durable than stock mufflers (and the lack of aforementioned cats). The design goals of each is poles apart.

True - but It occurs to me that the cat could be mounted under the engine and the spunky mufflers on the visible outside.

I don't think it will be long before aftermarket mufflers are fitted with cats if by adding them you remove the factory one - I've heard of cars failing WOF's in NZ for having the cat removed.

Stupid greenies and their gasses. :Pokey:

imdying
26th September 2008, 13:34
Have a look at the GPR range of mufflers... they have removeable/replaceable cat catridges.

Hitcher
26th September 2008, 15:31
Released to the Europeans first, apparently.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25september08_suzuki2009gsxr1000.htm

nodrog
26th September 2008, 15:33
have you just woken up?

scorry
26th September 2008, 15:34
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=82700

BIGBOSSMAN
26th September 2008, 16:01
It will be interesting to see if the magazines think it is better than the 2008 King the HONDA.

It is a typo isn't it? Surely you must have meant QUEEN:yes:

southernmike
26th September 2008, 18:36
Looks like a cable clutch on the K9. This model should be a dog! :laugh:

Crazy Steve
26th September 2008, 18:41
One please.......

1st dealer to get back to me with a Real price has a sale....

Black one thanks...:soon:

Crazy Steve

MentalFacility
26th September 2008, 18:57
Visually I dont see much difference from 08. I heard its supposed to be a V5, a wild speculation indeed...

Anyway, a Mint bike, but I prefer the looks of the new cbr way more then this

Yama looks like a cartoonie...
Kawa looks like a bug...
Suzuki looks like a transformer...
Aprilia v4 looks like cbr600...
Duc 1098 is horny but i hate the underseat pipes
and the cbr looks like a ... well like a jelly fish...

Whatever, I'm only gonna change my cbr if she keeps burning oil:bash: ...

Forest
26th September 2008, 19:03
Saw this on an American forum. Thought you might enjoy the laugh.

DonaldH
26th September 2008, 19:13
"For Europe, the position lights each have layered lenses with blue coloring on the inside lens for an even sportier look"

Kinda sums up the banality of the marketing..... Department of colouring in wins agains.

carver
26th September 2008, 19:22
ZX10R......

if i didn,t want a house..

carver
26th September 2008, 19:25
One please.......

Crazy Steve

thats quite racist against us whitey's steve

puddy
26th September 2008, 20:28
New pipes, with 30% more GAY! Love Suzukis! Hating the pipes!

Swoop
26th September 2008, 21:00
Truly ugly exhaust.

I guess that is what keeps the aftermarket companies busy.

cowpoos
26th September 2008, 21:54

Lets put it in to perspective...you have no idea what your talking about!!

You don't know what the ramifications of a longer swingarm is do ???

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU DISS ANYTHING [bar honduhs of course...I mean pifft!!] WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE IMNPOVEMENTS MEAN....let alone what they mean as part of a full bike package...let alone ride it and feel how much more it will offer you!! Come on logan!! your smarter than that!

cowpoos
26th September 2008, 22:00
One please.......

1st dealer to get back to me with a Real price has a sale....

Crazy Steve
$21995 what colour steve...and a deposit of 3k should be fine.

honda929
26th September 2008, 22:07
New gsxr looks like last years blade

RobRod
26th September 2008, 22:14
Sidemoto and allanb

Evolution not Revolution,

I have followed and ridden the GSXR series since it came out and admit to being dyied in the wool GSXR guy, but that thing has been trashed with an ugly stick. One can only hope it means it's real good.

MD
26th September 2008, 22:31
Suzook must have saved a fortune on photographers since 2005. Hey, mate take a picture of this will ya, give a set labelled 2005 model, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and maybe a few left blank for later...no worries, we'll photoshop the muffler each year.
But for 2009 we spend $5m R&D on a looonger swingarm.

cowpoos
26th September 2008, 23:32
Suzook must have saved a fortune on photographers since 2005. Hey, mate take a picture of this will ya, give a set labelled 2005 model, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and maybe a few left blank for later...no worries, we'll photoshop the muffler each year.
pifft...at least it won't come from the factory leaking oil from the engine as a standard feature!!

How is that triumph going mark?

EJK
27th September 2008, 00:02
those exhausts look like two horse penises...:oi-grr:

:killingme

puddytat
27th September 2008, 00:23
We may have to get used to the idea that we really dont have the option of switching pipes any longer....who's already having trouble getting a warrant with after market pipes on ??:oi-grr:
As long as it goes better than the last one,does it really matter ?
I 'spose it does to some....

MarkH
27th September 2008, 08:49

Making it the most manly bike ever made!

Matt Bleck
27th September 2008, 09:08

I'd get it checked out if it looks like those...

enigma51
29th September 2008, 07:34
Lets put it in to perspective...you have no idea what your talking about!!

You don't know what the ramifications of a longer swingarm is do ???

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU DISS ANYTHING [bar honduhs of course...I mean pifft!!] WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE IMNPOVEMENTS MEAN....let alone what they mean as part of a full bike package...let alone ride it and feel how much more it will offer you!! Come on logan!! your smarter than that!

Im sure it goings to be the best thing ever poos (especially with your backing)

but when suzuki's answer to yamaha release is a longer swing arm then hmmmm yeah.

Who knows it might be a better bike but i aint going to queue up to ride one. The R1 on the other hand hmmmmm where do i queue?

SlideMoto
7th October 2008, 08:42
Obviousy you're as blind as Enigma51, MD.

Yes, it has a longer swingarm. 33mm in fact. Yet the wheelbase is 10mm shorter.
It's a totally new frame, totaly new motor. It has more power and is lighter again.

I cant see why people seem so preoccupied with re inventing the wheel. The K7/8 is spectacular, this is even better.

Tell you what. Feel free to tell me how boring and ugly it is after I pass you on it at a track day lol.