PDA

View Full Version : Summer prices?

JBJB
26th September 2008, 13:12
Had a quick search and couldn't find anything on this:

How much fluctuation in bike prices is there in price once the summer months hit?

I've heard a few people mention it and it sort of make sense in terms of demand increasing (booyaa ECON 101).

It's just that I'm in the middle of my dissertation and don't seem to have time to finish that let alone find a bike until the later in October/mid Novemebr. It sucks cause I can't wait to get on 2 wheels!!!! All my gear just sits there and taunts me while I slave over some research that really won't benefit mankind as a whole.

This question will probably have a million possible opinion-based answers (much like the other question I have relating to wanting to buy a Hyo GT250), but I just want a general guesstimate about whether prices go up HEAPS or only slightly (or if at all).

klyong82
26th September 2008, 13:22
I dont think the prices fluctuate that much it is just that alot more people do tend to buy their bikes in summer thus creating abit of competition. Bike shops realises that sales in winter is slow and they will discount a little more then to move stock.

Squiggles
26th September 2008, 17:00
Harder to find the bargains because more people are looking for them

slofox
26th September 2008, 18:04
Best deal I got was late autumn - from a shop going out of a marque and had one only left of the old marque - and from last year's model as well so they were real keen to quit...........bargain, man, bargain!

bomma
26th September 2008, 19:47
summer is sexy time!! all you can think is "very nice....how much??" :clap:

MidnightMike
26th September 2008, 20:47
BINNED Sv650S FOR SALE!!!!

$20k ONO.

AvAILABLE THIS SUMMER!!!!

:shit: