PDA

View Full Version : CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009

Beemer
27th September 2008, 10:40
CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009

Yes folks, it's that time again, time for another blat around the track at Manfeild.

Just $40 per person. Slow, medium, fast and race sessions.
All glass to be taped, bikes to be of WOF standard.
Full bike gear to be worn.

Scrutineering starts at 9am.
Maximum number of 120 bikes, first in first served. NO prebookings.

This is arguably New Zealand's cheapest and best-run track day, just ask anyone who's been to one in the last 20 years!

For more information, please contact club president Andrew Pugh on 0274 463 870.

Trudes
27th September 2008, 16:11
Yahhhhh!! Can't wait!
This is a fantastic trackday folks, if you haven't been to a CDMTCI trackday, or a trackday at all you should definitely come along.... at $40 for the day you will not be disappointed!:woohoo:

Beemer
29th September 2008, 09:38
Crikey, next you'll be asking for commission! See you there next year - and it will give everyone time to get over their New Year hangovers!

Freakshow
29th September 2008, 09:44
Thats great!! I can't wait!

chanceyy
29th September 2008, 11:55
Awesome ... will be there again :)

Grub
29th September 2008, 12:07
I agree ... CDMTCI was my first ... and still favourite ... trackday. And yes, it is the best run and at a really good price.

Thanks CDMTCI, we do notice :)

KiwiKat
29th September 2008, 12:12

For more information, please contact club president Andrew Pugh on 0274 463 870.

Reference: Track Days for Dummies. Also for newbies that might be interested.

As this isn't a race meet. Please define full riding gear. I take it thats not shorts and jandals but does it include synthetics cordura etc.

Grub
29th September 2008, 12:28
As this isn't a race meet. Please define full riding gear. I take it thats not shorts and jandals but does it include synthetics cordura etc.

Yup, Cordura, good boots (calf-high), good gloves (hard knuckles are good - not sure if they're required tho), certified helmet (flip-ups are ok). The main thing is to beg, borrow or steal as much armour as you can. I know you're not planning on falling off, but ....

Beemer
30th September 2008, 13:53
Full bike gear is what any intelligent rider would wear on the road - musts are helmet, boots, gloves, proper riding pants (leather or cordura - enough to withstand a skid down the road at the legal limit) and a suitable jacket (leather or cordura, as per riding pants).

You are right that this isn't a race meeting, but full riding gear should be pretty self-explanatory to most people, it's what you would wear to ride your road bike on the open road. No fingerless gloves, no jandals, no shorts, no short sleeves.

And when posting, think of those of us who DON'T use the dark side setting - yellow does NOT show up. And I hope DUMMIES don't turn up to the track days, we're looking for ones with a few clues whether they are beginners or not!

Duke girl
30th September 2008, 15:13
Looking forward to putting the Ninja on the track and it cant come around quicker enough for me. Your track days are always a great success with plenty of riders of all makes and models turning up on the day and enjoying their time out on the track.

ajturbo
30th September 2008, 15:15
Looking forward to putting the Ninja on the track and it cant come around quicker enough for me. Your track days are always a great success with plenty of riders of all makes and models turning up on the day and enjoying their time out on the track.
reckon i may be able to keep up????

RantyDave
30th September 2008, 15:34
Please define full riding gear.
From memory it means proper boots, troos, jacket, helmet (obviously), gloves. Anyone who showed in kevlar jeans could go out, but only in the slow group. There was no requirement to have a back protector but, hey, it's your back.

Dave

KiwiKat
30th September 2008, 20:45
And when posting, think of those of us who DON'T use the dark side setting - yellow does NOT show up. And I hope DUMMIES don't turn up to the track days, we're looking for ones with a few clues whether they are beginners or not!

Geez Beemer, just cause I like yellow and am a bit of a Dummy. I could be sensitive. It always helps to clarify these things because newbies don't have the wisdom of experience. Thanks I've got it now. You :beer: Monday

Duke girl
1st October 2008, 18:59
what are you going to run around the track AJ?. Now that I would love to see.:lol:;)

Beemer
2nd October 2008, 14:23
Geez Beemer, just cause I like yellow and am a bit of a Dummy. I could be sensitive. It always helps to clarify these things because newbies don't have the wisdom of experience. Thanks I've got it now. You :beer: Monday

Just think of us oldies - our eyesight can't cope with pale colours!

ME give YOU beer on Monday? I was thinking YOU could buy ME a beer for giving you such good advice! How did you know I was turning up for the club night anyway?

KiwiKat
2nd October 2008, 16:52
Just think of us oldies - our eyesight can't cope with pale colours!

ME give YOU beer on Monday? I was thinking YOU could buy ME a beer for giving you such good advice! How did you know I was turning up for the club night anyway?

The power of the internet ..... p.s I am an oldie. You're right, yellow lines are hard to see.

Beemer
3rd October 2008, 08:32
The power of the internet ..... p.s I am an oldie. You're right, yellow lines are hard to see.

Oldies unite! I'll see you Monday for that beer!

cowboyz
3rd November 2008, 18:01
will one have to register for a particular group and stay in that group for the dayor will it be just register for the trackday and first xx to the dummy grid get into that particular session?

eelracing
5th November 2008, 19:28
I have done a couple of CD trackdays and from memory i think you sign on to the class that suits your riding experience.If however when you get on track and think it is to fast or slow,you can ask the organisers to move you to another class.They are a good crew and are more than willing to help.It is an excellent day and i recommend you get there early as it is value for money.

cowboyz
5th November 2008, 21:31
have done several of the Cd trackdays and they are awesome. On some (might actually not have been CD might have been someone else doing it) but you have to sign up for a group. Once the group is full thats it. Then I have been to others where you sign up for the day. And a group is called to the dummy grid and the first 35 or 40 that make it to the dummy grid get on the track for that session. With me being half deaf and really slow, this method didnt work too well in my favour as I kept missing out on the sessions and getting pushed down to the slower groups.

Just wondering on the format.

Beemer
16th November 2008, 16:20
I just checked with the other half before posting, and he said you can change what session you go out in during the day. So if you line up for a slow session and find that it's a bit slow for you, the next time you go out you can line up for the medium or fast session.

You sign up for the day rather than the session speed and you can ride in as many sessions as you can fit in during the day, but they do not allow anyone [other than club members who may have been leading slow sessions, etc] to come in from one session and immediately join the next one going out, which is why the group of riders waiting on the dummy grid is now closed off BEFORE the current session comes back in. And the order has been changed to stop those who would go out in a slow session, try and carve up the novices, then come in and do the same in the medium session before going out in the fast one they should have been in to start with. The fast guys go out first, then the medium, then the slow. Anyone caught trying to circumvent this is likely to be asked to leave.

SuperSonic
9th December 2008, 09:39
In reading all this, I understand that any one can come out to this track day:2thumbsup? Or do you have to me a member of CDMTCI?

Cheers

Beemer
9th December 2008, 10:46
In reading all this, I understand that any one can come out to this track day:2thumbsup? Or do you have to me a member of CDMTCI?

Cheers

That's correct - it is run by CDMTCI but is open to the public. No pre-bookings, just turn up on the day so it's first in, first served.

dpex
20th December 2008, 20:26

Yes folks, it's that time again, time for another blat around the track at Manfeild.

This is arguably New Zealand's cheapest and best-run track day, just ask anyone who's been to one in the last 20 years!

Hell's teeth. I'm in.

Who do/how do I contact by email?

I hate phones. "You said, she said, I said...no you didn't'

Email provides a record.

So what's the go? Got an address?

KiwiKat
20th December 2008, 20:48
Hell's teeth. I'm in.

Email provides a record.

I wiill check these out and update. Just turn up on the day.
Current contact details: email cdmtc@silver-bullet.co.nz

Regards Gary.
I will be there helping and in the slow group, just behind Cowboyz.

Beemer
21st December 2008, 13:03
Hell's teeth. I'm in.

Email provides a record.

The silverbullet email address isn't monitored and does not always work, so please don't email! Can I ask why you want to email in any case? I've given all the information above, there are no prebookings, so what do you need a record of in any case? If you have any questions, please ask them here and I will endeavour to get an answer for you.

Beemer
21st December 2008, 21:33
I have just received the following PM about our track day: "Is this the TD on 10th Jan? If yes, then how do I book, who do I pay, and where is it being held?"

Please closely scrutinise the copy of my first post which I have repeated below, in particular the bold sections.

CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009 (Does Manfeild give you a clue as to where it's being held? It's in Feilding, Google is your friend.)

Once again, it's at Manfeild Park at Feilding, which is in the Manawatu.

Turn up on the day, NO PREBOOKINGS. You pay ON THE DAY and it's FIRST IN, FIRST SERVED. We do not take prebookings as it is not fair on those who turn up rain or shine.

Have I missed anything?

sinfull
21st December 2008, 21:52
have done several of the Cd trackdays and they are awesome. On some (might actually not have been CD might have been someone else doing it) but you have to sign up for a group. Once the group is full thats it. Then I have been to others where you sign up for the day. And a group is called to the dummy grid and the first 35 or 40 that make it to the dummy grid get on the track for that session. With me being half deaf and really slow, this method didnt work too well in my favour as I kept missing out on the sessions and getting pushed down to the slower groups.

Just wondering on the format.Ummmm Slow group ? Nah

I wiill check these out and update. Just turn up on the day.
Current contact details: email cdmtc@silver-bullet.co.nz

Regards Gary.
I will be there helping and in the slow group, just behind Cowboyz. Fast group ya meant to say aye ?

I have just received the following PM about our track day: "Is this the TD on 10th Jan? If yes, then how do I book, who do I pay, and where is it being held?"

Please closely scrutinise the copy of my first post which I have repeated below, in particular the bold sections.

CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009 (Does Manfeild give you a clue as to where it's being held? It's in Feilding, Google is your friend.)

Once again, it's at Manfeild Park at Feilding, which is in the Manawatu.

Turn up on the day, NO PREBOOKINGS. You pay ON THE DAY and it's FIRST IN, FIRST SERVED. We do not take prebookings as it is not fair on those who turn up rain or shine.

Have I missed anything?
Sorry to be a pain but could ya check for me and just clarify re a track bike ! I've commited a bike to the track and in so doing, have stripped all road gear including plate reg and wof !
During scruiteneering is it just to make sure the bike is safe, tyres, brakes, chain, leaks, etc, or does it have to be road legal with a recent warrant ?

Cheers Bill

Beemer
21st December 2008, 21:58
Sorry to be a pain but could ya check for me and just clarify re a track bike ! I've commited a bike to the track and in so doing, have stripped all road gear including plate reg and wof !
During scruiteneering is it just to make sure the bike is safe, tyres, brakes, chain, leaks, etc, or does it have to be road legal with a recent warrant ?

Cheers Bill

You're exactly right as to what scrutineering is looking for - to ensure the bike being taken out on the track is safe - brakes, tyres, no loose chain, etc as we realise race bikes are not warrantable or registered. WOF standard gives an indication of the things we would not let pass scrutineering - eg, play in wheel bearings, bits hanging off the bike, etc.

johan
9th January 2009, 13:30
See you guys tomorrow! Yay! :Punk:

sinfull
9th January 2009, 13:36
See you guys tomorrow! Yay! :Punk:
Which group ya going in Johan ?? Wouldn't mind doing a bit of duke chasin round Manfield to find a few good lines if your ok wid that !

johan
9th January 2009, 13:45
Which group ya going in Johan ?? Wouldn't mind doing a bit of duke chasin round Manfield to find a few good lines if your ok wid that !

Hey mate! Not sure what group yet, we'll see tomorrow morning. Feel free to join me, but I'm probably not the best guy to follow if you want to learn good lines. I'm still trying to figure out the track myself haha :scooter:

sinfull
9th January 2009, 14:09
Hey mate! Not sure what group yet, we'll see tomorrow morning. Feel free to join me, but I'm probably not the best guy to follow if you want to learn good lines. I'm still trying to figure out the track myself haha :scooter:
Cheers man, will see ya there in the morning no doubt ! Hardest part is finding someone willing to slow down so i can see their lines bwahahaa
No wets as yet so praying for the weather gods to smile lol
Have a bit of walking and talking to do morra too, so hope a few racers turn up, still a bit to sort before the first argy bargy meet, things like wets, number boards for the bike where from/what colours etc and a bit more gear to finish filling the van lol sheeesh , i near need a trailer lol

johan
9th January 2009, 14:37
Here is all you need to know :yes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2TyAYsUkXo&feature=related

See you tomorrow!

sinfull
9th January 2009, 15:25
Here is all you need to know :yes:
See you tomorrow!
Well i'm getting better !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/46BT8A_iL0I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/46BT8A_iL0I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

johan
9th January 2009, 15:32
Well i'm getting better !

LOL! Can't beat that!

bistard
9th January 2009, 17:49
Cheers man, will see ya there in the morning no doubt ! Hardest part is finding someone willing to slow down so i can see their lines bwahahaa
No wets as yet so praying for the weather gods to smile lol
Have a bit of walking and talking to do morra too, so hope a few racers turn up, still a bit to sort before the first argy bargy meet, things like wets, number boards for the bike where from/what colours etc and a bit more gear to finish filling the van lol sheeesh , i near need a trailer lol

I will be there tommorrow & have run a few track training days at Manfeild before,raced for about twenty years if you have any questions,hunt me down tomorrow,green hiace van green 2007 ZX6RR beemer knows me
Regards
Barry

sinfull
9th January 2009, 18:29
I will be there tommorrow & have run a few track training days at Manfeild before,raced for about twenty years if you have any questions,hunt me down tomorrow,green hiace van green 2007 ZX6RR beemer knows me
Regards
Barry Cheers Barry, will do that for sure ! I'll be the aged fat bastard making the speed triple look grossly underpowered lol !
Dark grey hiace which has suddenly become too small !

Owl
10th January 2009, 15:45
Cheers Barry, will do that for sure ! I'll be the aged fat bastard making the speed triple look grossly underpowered lol !
Dark grey hiace which has suddenly become too small !

Great to finally meet you Bill!:yes: I had my watch at the ready to time your laps, but you were impossible to find!:confused: Of course I didn't realise you never made it out to the track, so I just had to time cowboyz and 86GSXR instead.:yes:

cowboyz
10th January 2009, 15:57
Great to finally meet you Bill!:yes: I had my watch at the ready to time your laps, but you were impossible to find!:confused: Of course I didn't realise you never made it out to the track, so I just had to time cowboyz and 86GSXR instead.:yes:

ood thing you had one of those 24hr stopwatches then huh?

Owl
10th January 2009, 16:05
ood thing you had one of those 24hr stopwatches then huh?

Don't be too hard on yourself, you weren't that slow!:laugh:

sinfull
10th January 2009, 17:31
Don't be too hard on yourself, you weren't that slow!:laugh:
What he do ? What he do ? 86 doing a 57 sec was mind blowing !! But think he was trying to blow my mind lol , lucky we were in main st fielding when he told me cause i was about to reach for my fly !
Yeah i jumped the gun a little there in puttin it away, was tempted to get it out again a couple of times ! Would have dumped a couple more seconds off the time Hiedi clicked in the arvo sessions i'm sure !

cowboyz
10th January 2009, 20:00
any pics from the track today? Like a dumbarse I took my packrack off to go to the track and left my camera in my pack (sitting on the dining table) so no pics. must be some floating around.....

KiwiKat
10th January 2009, 20:17
any pics from the track today? Like a dumbarse I took my packrack off to go to the track and left my camera in my pack (sitting on the dining table) so no pics. must be some floating around.....

Great to see everyone having such a fun day. Amazing to see the confidence and speeds increase throughout the day.

There may be some helmetcam video footage floating around from some medium grade runs and I know there will be some photos posted over the next few days.

Beemer
15th January 2009, 14:08
Regards
Barry

Christ, that should have put the poor bastard off looking you up! :lol:

Yes, a good day was had by all, hope the Vic club day this weekend goes as well. And don't forget CDMTCI's second track day on Sunday 19 April.