PDA

View Full Version : Is there not an "OffRoad" for sale?

SSS
27th January 2005, 13:38
just skimmed through the For Sale area, and finding it a bit hard to find anything, failing going out and getting MC trader, there isnt a lot of online stuff, and im not keen on trade me.

help a brother out?

im looking for a good bike 4stroke Big Bore, or 2stroke up to 250, very experienced rider (rode XT550 off road for 2years)

and, yea, thats it, im new, names sam, from wellington,

howzit?

sam :headbang:

XTC
27th January 2005, 14:12
just skimmed through the For Sale area, and finding it a bit hard to find anything, failing going out and getting MC trader, there isnt a lot of online stuff, and im not keen on trade me.

help a brother out?

im looking for a good bike 4stroke Big Bore, or 2stroke up to 250, very experienced rider (rode XT550 off road for 2years)

and, yea, thats it, im new, names sam, from wellington,

howzit?

sam :headbang:

What sort of riding do you want to do on it??
What price do you want to pay??

White trash
27th January 2005, 15:38
howzit?

I'm good. Thanks for asking.

Motu
27th January 2005, 16:28
For he who waits....comes nothing.

Get off your arse and look,there are heaps out there....if you got the money.

SSS
30th January 2005, 14:47
well, its been a while since i was looking, you can get a decent early 1990's 125MXer for under $2k, but i have been told that i should be looking for a 250 if thats the case, as My dream to have a 125, was when i was 15-16.

and i am seeing heaps of 250's turning up for under $3500, so thats where my budget would stretch to.

I am not a racer (tried that, but wheelies and playing round was more fun) so its trail bashing and a bit of forestry etc, amybe farm riding, and the occasional home MX track (great to have friends with property)

so thats the run down, i see that even the early 90's XR 250's etc are getting in that range too, where 4 years ago (when i was last looking at the market) they were still $6k bikes.

cheers for all the replies

sam