PDA

View Full Version : Street Triple R price set yet?

HenryDorsetCase
29th September 2008, 10:56
enquiring minds and all that.

a Daytona 675 is $18k

a "base" street trupple is $15k.

logic suggests it should be round $16500, but since when did that have anything to do with it?

What are the UK prices?

MD
29th September 2008, 16:22
According to MCN it's GBP6,220 = approx. $16800 but comparing country vs country prices doesn't always translate well. If you know what I mean.
Personally if they try and sell it above $16,500 I'd say go for the Daytona or a full on thou naked.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Triumph/Triumph-Street-Triple-R/

HenryDorsetCase
29th September 2008, 22:01
I've got a mate who is desperate keen on one.

For my money I think I would get the base model one, then spend the money on suspension and maybe one of those Akrapovic or Arrow low exit zorsts.

But it isnt my money. I have volunteered to do "second opinion" test riding though. :)

davebullet
5th November 2008, 11:49
Got word today the Street Triple R will retail at $16,500.

for the extra $1.5k over the Street Triple you get:
1. Dash from Daytona 675 (maybe the standard has the same dash? - not sure)
2. Tapered section Magura aluminium handlebar (is this the same as the Speed Triple?) - rather than a chrome one
3. Fully adjustable rear shock
4. As per Daytona 675 - 4 piston Nissin calliper front brakes (instead of 2)
5. Fully adjustable front end

Engine still he same as Street Triple.

I think I am in love :love: , time to top up that mortgage! :spanking:

Dave.

Usarka
11th November 2008, 11:56
Nice, got a release date for these???

davebullet
11th November 2008, 15:25
Motorad in Wellington is getting 2 Triple R bikes in December '08. One in the orange (yum - I mean that) and one in the grey. One of them will be a demonstrator they say.

Might have to sell off a few other toys to buy a new one.

I also see Triumph is holding a track day at Taupo in Jan and will be bringing a Triple R to the track. Details here:
http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/View/Article/Tri-Day-is-on/590.aspx

Snippet from above article:
"Triumph New Zealand will have several demonstrator models on hand for Tri Day participants to sample, including the all new three cylinder 675cc Street Triple R, a Daytona 675 and some modern classics."

I might just go up for that.

Cheers.

MD
11th November 2008, 16:42
I also see Triumph is holding a track day at Taupo in Jan and will be bringing a Triple R to the track.

Thanks for the heads up. $80 Taupo track day. I'm in for that! Emailed my attendance in case numbers are limited.

davebullet
10th December 2008, 15:25
Boys and girls, drool over pictures no longer....

Motorad in Wellington have just got the grey Triple R on the showroom floor.

RantyDave
10th December 2008, 15:29
It does it have a price ticket on it? Perhaps more relevant is what it would cost to have Mr Taylor do his magic thing to a standard one. Robert???

Dave

Big Dave
10th December 2008, 19:05
Boys and girls, drool over pictures no longer....

Kiwi Rider has the test bike.

AllanB
10th December 2008, 19:46
Kiwi Rider has the test bike.

Its a shit of a job eh Dave, but you suffer it anyway to ensure we get the goods on the new rides! :niceone:

Big Dave
10th December 2008, 21:56
Its a shit of a job eh Dave, but you suffer it anyway to ensure we get the goods on the new rides! :niceone:

Did you note the tinged with green aspect that says KR has the bike and *I* don't.

I believe my next gig is the C50T which won't be at all onerous, but I suspect somewhat less exhilarating. :-)

Gubb
10th December 2008, 22:03
It does it have a price ticket on it? Perhaps more relevant is what it would cost to have Mr Taylor do his magic thing to a standard one. Robert???

Dave

$1699. Hopefully it'll be sorted by the Summer.

short-circuit
11th December 2008, 05:55
I won't be having any R envy next week Tuesday...

Ohlins shock going in the rear and up front: Ohlins forks, reworked compression, rebound, oil, revalve, reshim...

Yeeharrrr - My Striple will own any R and best of all it's Jet bleck.

SPman
11th December 2008, 13:22
$13,490 here in Oz.......and don't convert to NZ dollars coz we don't earn in NZ dollars........

mstriumph is very interested.........

MD
13th December 2008, 19:18
I had a loooksie at it today. I like that matte grey and the two tone seat is a very nice touch.

After following a base Street around Taupo last weekend and seeing how well it went I can't wait to sample one on the Triday.

Motorad are confident that there will be a 675 road Tiger and a 675 dirt Tiger released in 2010. Might be more what I'm looking for in my next bike.

RHARRIS
16th December 2008, 23:16
Street Triple R. TRIUMPH STORE IN SOUTH ISLAND TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR $16990.00 PLUS ON ROAD COSTS :APPROX $17300.00 TOTAL.
LOOKS LIKE WE ARE BOTH GOING TO PAY FOR IT!
EXCHANGE RATE-NAH
PEAPLE WILL BE SAYING TO US--Great R Envy Envy Drat
Conned wife it would be $15000.00,then I would get some extra out of my secret account, but at this price I am going to be in BIG trouble!

davebullet
17th December 2008, 06:38
If the base model is still $14,990 - then what would it cost for DIY ohlins suspension? I recall Gubb saying $1,699...