PDA

View Full Version : New member!

TygerTung
27th January 2005, 17:13
G'day everyone!

I just got my first bike, I am now the proud owner of a 1978 Honda CG110 beast, 110cc of pulsating pleasure!

I am in christchurch, and this whole biking adventure seems great fun.

I have normally been using cars in a performance application, I have two other cars, but I just brought the CG for $300 to cruise around in.

Do you guys have any meets in christchurch at all? Maybe I could crank up in my CG!

I have a couple of questions about it though, it seems to bog down a little when you open the accelerator too fast, i've heard thats because theres no accelerator pump, and it does this from the factory?

Also, it's a bit smokey, I reckon I could easily replace the rings myself, anything to look out for?

Cheers,

Sam :sly:

Coyote
27th January 2005, 17:19
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Watch out for the loonies. They should be appearing on this thread any minute now :shifty:

Biff
27th January 2005, 18:21
Welcome. If for no only reason than for using the word "pulsating". :wavey:

Sparky Bills
27th January 2005, 18:46
Welcome!
Watch out for your behind on this site!!
Theres strange goings ons here :eyepoke:

Waylander
27th January 2005, 18:49
welcome tothe site mate

Riff Raff
27th January 2005, 18:55
Welcome to KB :wavey:

Joni
27th January 2005, 18:58
Hi
Welcome to KB.
Yup can get pretty strange in here at times, but thats part of the fun! enjoy... :banana:

From my mate Wari ===> :moon: (you'll understand later! :yes: )

Ms Piggy
27th January 2005, 19:31
Hi and Welcome - hey I'm down in ChCh soon and we're all riding over to Akaroa. If you don't feel up for riding that far (not that I'm sure exactly how far it is) you could just meet up and say 'Gidday' at the meeting point. :)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7495&highlight=akaroa

TygerTung
27th January 2005, 19:51
Sure! I'd be keen as to ride to akaroa!

My bike isn't very fast though, it's only a 110, but I'll do unsafe things to keep up.

Hopefully there'll be some other slow bikers?

Heres a pic of the beast here, I'm wearing a metallica tee shirt for that hardcore biker look :yes: :2thumbsup

http://members.cordiaclub.com/TygerTung/Motobike%20madness.JPG

http://members.cordiaclub.com/TygerTung/CG110Powa.JPG

Theres the beast, it's pretty smoky, but it does the trick.... I'm gonna chuck some new rings in I reckon.

Posh Tourer :P
27th January 2005, 20:28
Rings oughta be easy....

I had a CB125T 1980. It was smokey at high revs, but if it is smoking at low revs, some work would be required.

Get yourself a Haynes Manual for it. Invaluable.....

What cars do you have?

riffer
27th January 2005, 20:43
Gidday dude.

CG110 - excellent bucket potential there when you move up... :2thumbsup

Welcome to the madhouse.

dangerous
27th January 2005, 20:46
Heres a pic of the beast here, I'm wearing a metallica tee shirt for that hardcore biker look :yes: :2thumbsup
Theres the beast, it's pretty smoky, but it does the trick.... I'm gonna chuck some new rings in I reckon.
cool dude...... nice view it looks like ya have there in one of the bays are ya? onr just on the hill somewere

Storm
27th January 2005, 20:46
Welcome to the site. You elvis lookalike you

TygerTung
27th January 2005, 20:55
I live up clifton hill in sumner...

It pretty much smokes all the time, I got a manual out for it from the library, it looks pretty easy, honda says it's about 60 or 70 for the rings, and 30 for the upper gasket set...

I'll pull it apart, hope the piston isn't too scuffed up, hone the bore, bung in the new rings and gaskets and she'll be away!

I'll give it a valve grind at the same time too I reckon....

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 23:25
Welcome and enjoy :banana: